Increase in Personal Use sales

I've not noticed an increase in PU sales - just two this month which is about average.  In both cases the fees were higher than the three newspaper sales I had.  I've not (yet) had any of the ultra-low fees that people have been reporting.    

1 hour ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I've not noticed an increase in PU sales - just two this month which is about average.  In both cases the fees were higher than the three newspaper sales I had.  I've not (yet) had any of the ultra-low fees that people have been reporting.    

Yes, I wouldn't say that the PU sales were ultralow, but more on par with editorial, just a bit surprised about the amount...

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I find that PU sales come in wavelets. Haven't noticed an overall increase, though. As Betty noted, PU (and presentation) licenses are looking better all the time. My lowest sales tend to be editorial websites.

That's good to hear. I can agree with that, editorial has brought in some of the lowest fees for me

2 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I haven’t had the lowball fees either, until this month. Just wait. Coming to a store (notification) near you. Although not wishing it upon you!

30 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I haven’t had the lowball fees either, until this month. Just wait. Coming to a store (notification) near you. Although not wishing it upon you!

Well, having said that I've not had any lowball fees, I've probably jinxed it now - I expect an avalanche next month....🥴😀

I have opted out of PU as too many were cheats, so instead I have most certainly noticed an increase in Presentations.

51 since the beginning of the year.

115 in total (since 2017).

• Like 1

I had opted out of PU some time ago as I preferred to sell PU from a wall art site which gave better income.

Now I allow PU from Alamy too as every penny counts towards keeping in the 40% bracket.

The few PU sales I get are always better than a lot of stock sales values.

Allan

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Haha! Literally just got a batch of low fee sales in today! Joy

• Love 1

22 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I find that PU sales come in wavelets. Haven't noticed an overall increase, though. As Betty noted, PU (and presentation) licenses are looking better all the time. My lowest sales tend to be editorial websites.

I think my experience with these sales is much like John's, they come in waves.  At least the pricing is generally better than a lot of the U.K. editorial uses.

• Like 1

Not so much a wave as what happens to mushrooms. Kept in the dark, then every so often the door opens and you get a shovelful of..........

Except now there's 20% more of it.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I think my experience with these sales is much like John's, they come in waves.  At least the pricing is generally better than a lot of the U.K. editorial uses.

Just noticed that a last-minute PU (or presentation) license sneaked in today at full price (19.99). This has been a tiddler month for me, so it's actually one of my better sales. However, It really hurts to see that 60% lopped off. 🙁

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, kimba said:

How does one opt out of Personal Use?

I've opted out of Novel Use, but I don't see a way to opt out of PU.

In image manager, optional tab, restrictions, bottom one. You'll have to do it in batches, but if you want them all out I think Alamy will do it for you.

I have not noticed an increase.

I have not opted out but I have noticed that Alamy is letting them go under the published rate.  What's up with that?!  I have had several below $15.00.  

I have resisted opting out because a sale is a sale.  I know people cheat.  It is rather obvious in some cases but I figure they will just hit the "Presentation" button instead so it all evens out.  

Rick

Edited by Rick Lewis