Contract Changes thread

I heard the other thread got locked because Netflix have bought the rights to turn it into a tv series.
They’re just not sure whether to turn it into a SitCom or a Costume Drama.

“Oh Mr D’Arcy! 
How shamelessly have you seized upon my 10%  ! 

“Speak not maid, for I shall ruthlessly endeavour to propagate thine images o’er all these shires for want of ne’re but a shilling ! 

[theme tune & credits]

pride_and_prejudice_668_330_80_int_s_c1.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

I heard the other thread got locked because Netflix have bought the rights to turn it into a tv series.
They’re just not sure whether to turn it into a SitCom or a Costume Drama.

“Oh Mr D’Arcy! 
How shamelessly have you seized upon my 10%  ! 

“Speak not maid, for I shall ruthlessly endeavour to propagate thine images o’er all these shires for want of ne’re but a shilling ! 

[theme tune & credits]

We should all get points on that- it's our IP!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gordon Scammell said:

Is Alamy embarrassed by it?  There was a pile of useful info contained in those pages.

A somewhat cowardly action methinks....

I wouldn't say embarrassed, more like it was an easy cop out from answering lots of questions asking for the justification on commission changes!

Easier to lock a thread, evade the main question than drum up some half hearted politicians response of which they contradicted themselves over

many months ago! 

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisR Photo said:

I wouldn't say embarrassed, more like it was an easy cop out from answering lots of questions asking for the justification on commission changes!

Easier to lock a thread, evade the main question than drum up some half hearted politicians response of which they contradicted themselves over

many months ago! 

they stated from the start they were not answering questions on the forum,to just e-mail,  which is to me the cop out, since it leaves plenty of speculative assumptions

to be honest the practice of locking thread when they figure the subject has been beaten to death  has always been there.  I personally don't like it because it forces people to later start new thread, and doesn't keep all information together, but this has generally been practice on the forum 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

they stated from the start they were not answering questions on the forum,to just e-mail,  which is to me the cop out, since it leaves plenty of speculative assumptions

to be honest the practice of locking thread when they figure the subject has been beaten to death  has always been there.  I personally don't like it because it forces people to later start new thread, and doesn't keep all information together, but this has generally been practice on the forum 

Yes I get that, once a thread has reached its peak and going around in circles, it's time to lock it, however if they had just been up front and made things clearer within the contract along with putting out a statement justifying the the commission changes, then there wouldn't have been a virtual 'War & Peace' 119 pages worth of posts.

It's like the corporate team went into the pub after work one evening and drummed the contract changes up on a few beer mats and posted it out,  then the forum is like their wives finding out the next day! 

• Like 1

Message from Alamy

Hi All

As per our note last Wednesday (page 114) we're now locking this thread. Thank you for all the feedback up to this point and for any further questions on the contract please email contributors@alamy.com and the team will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Alamy
  • Dislike 1

Some contributors in the forum are lawyers. I haven’t hear them making judgements on the legality of the new Alamy contract. Why? Because that’s not what lawyers do. And lawyers do not keep all legal answers in their heads. They have access to a law library. They put together evidence, opinions, and judgements made in similar cases and present them in court. 

Judges are the ones who make judgements. 

In civil matters, most of the time legal conflicts are worked out at a meeting between lawyers on both sides of the issue. 

So those 120 pages are filled with opinions rather than legal facts. Those opinions may or may not pertain to any of us. 

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take. 

Edo

• Love 1
  • Like 4

On 28/06/2021 at 09:04, Ed Rooney said:

Some contributors in the forum are lawyers. I haven’t hear them making judgements on the legality of the new Alamy contract. Why? Because that’s not what lawyers do. And lawyers do not keep all legal answers in their heads. They have access to a law library. They put together evidence, opinions, and judgements made in similar cases and present them in court. 

Judges are the ones who make judgements. 

In civil matters, most of the time legal conflicts are worked out at a meeting between lawyers on both sides of the issue. 

So those 120 pages are filled with opinions rather than legal facts. Those opinions may or may not pertain to any of us. 

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take. 

Edo

The reason for their silence is because you have to pay for the advice. 

Hi All

As per our note in the official thread, we will be locking this one as well. 

You might be able to find an answer to your question in the official thread here: 

If not, please email contributors@alamy.com.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Dislike 4

• Alamy locked this topic