Forum update

Alamy

Hi everyone, 

We were required to run a major update to the forum this morning and this caused a few technical issues. Everything should be working as normal now, but let us know if you spot any further problems!

Our service providers are still working in the background updating the designs. 

Thanks,

Elisabeth 

• Love 1

hi, when looking at threads of more than 2 pages, there is a section to the right of the thread with stats. It is only there for about a screens worth of space so when you scroll down there is a huge gap of wasted space. I'd prefer to see the full width, especially when pictures are included. I personally don't feel the need to see the statistics. 

thanks

Webby

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Webby said:

hi, when looking at threads of more than 2 pages, there is a section to the right of the thread with stats. It is only there for about a screens worth of space so when you scroll down there is a huge gap of wasted space. I'd prefer to see the full width, especially when pictures are included. I personally don't feel the need to see the statistics. 

thanks

Webby

Same here.  The added information adds nothing of value and makes the reading worse, so one more "Nay" vote for the change.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Yes, I would like the stats to be perhaps optional and hidden. We like to post images and now they are reduced. It took me a minute to find the edit option and I see that Bryan is having a problem when he is so kindly reporting usages. it should be easier for people like him.

Paulette

• Love 4
  • Like 3

One more that thinks the statistics column is not very useful, and that it takes a lot of space reducing posts and decreasing usability. Please let it be hidden in config.

By the way...i had to reset my password this morning to be able to login. The new update locked my login attempts. For the ones suffering the same.

Edited by shearwater
  • Like 1

Has that Member's solved count thingy been there before?

Is that the amount of problems solved for or by the Member?

Is there a link or a place where we can check what those problems have been?

Could we have a number for problems caused? 😁

Hmm maybe not. 😎

wim

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Has that Member's solved count thingy been there before?

Is that the amount of problems solved for or by the Member?

Is there a link or a place where we can check what those problems have been?

Could we have a number for problems caused? 😁

Hmm maybe not. 😎

wim

didn't realise i was supposed to mark these.  Going through all my questions and gave a check to all the useful answer.  

(it's just the checkmarks in the 'ask the forum' posts, and it seems you can give yourself a checkmark 😁)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

didn't realise i was supposed to mark these.  Going through all my questions and gave a check to all the useful answer.  

(it's just the checkmarks in the 'ask the forum' posts, and it seems you can give yourself a checkmark 😁)

Wow! Well spotted!

wim

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Hey did we lose them already? That was quick.

wim

Thanks for the update Elisabeth. +1 to not having the space on the right hand side on longer threads to accommodate some stats, I don't think the stats add much and the space is a ....waste of space. I do like that longer posts are collapsed though with the option to expand.

Edited by Steve F

I don't know if you can change the default text, as it looks a bit thin on my monitor. If you click on the 'size' button it just says 'default' and as far as I can see, no option to change it.

John.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I don't know if you can change the default text, as it looks a bit thin on my monitor. If you click on the 'size' button it just says 'default' and as far as I can see, no option to change it.

John.

+1

text is very 'skinny'

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Russell said:

\images Sold topic is just dreadful on a tablet with no perspective whatsoever. \that's a very strange looking VW camper!

Probably still the squishing problem.

Go back to your images for a moment, double click on each and check the box Keep original aspect ratio.

That way they won't appear squished anymore.

From the November Challenge:

<> just here in the Reply to this topic. AKA Submit Reply box on this forum.

So go back to your original post.

Click Edit.

Double click on each image and tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Click save.

Done.

Why? Dunno. Sometimes an image comes with that box ticked but from some places it comes not being ticked. Sometimes an images becomes flattened like with some thumbnails; sometimes squished as with some zooms/comps. The small magnifying glass button between the Size and GIF buttons, will give you a Preview. It is not a search button.

Anyway that box cures it.

I'm not using the Quote function, because now longer quotations get largely obscured.

Consider this a workaround.

The thing with the check box is not a workaround, it's a feature. The funny thing is that it works the wrong way around: Images that fit, like verticals from the Zoom page, are always inserted with that check box ticked automatically. While images that are too wide, get squished, because the tick box is left empty.

wim

edit: forgot to say that everyone can only do that on his/her own images.

Edited by wiskerke
edit: color

8 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback, the topic summary statistics have now been removed. 

Thanks,

Elisabeth 

Thank you that was quick!

There's still space in the header to display stuff like those stats. It would also be a logical place to put it.

wim

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.