"Other Income" payments today

I had two credits each of $15.31 to my account today, just called "Other Income". I wondered if it was payments Alamy had recovered with their "Incorrect usage described" scheme?

Anyone else had this and any thoughts?

Cheers

Kumar

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I had two credits each of $15.31 to my account today, just called "Other Income". I wondered if it was payments Alamy had recovered with their "Incorrect usage described" scheme?

Anyone else had this and any thoughts?

Cheers

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

If you look at the details field within balance of account you should hopefully see a better description:

• Re-input of funds for refund error <DATE / IMAGE REF>

A refund was issued in error recently for a sale that had already cleared previously last year. This is to correct that error and ensure you are not out of pocket. This particular issue affected 89 contributors for sales dating back to June 2019 but has now been corrected.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,

James A

Thanks for the info, James - Did this apply only to certain buyers, or cases in general where a refund was for a previously cleared sale, or what?

I had a refund in early March of an April 2019 sale that had cleared. There was a resale for the same amount, but one result of the accounting was that my cleared balance was negative for a while. Is this the same situation?

1 hour ago, Bill Kuta said:

Thanks for the info, James - Did this apply only to certain buyers, or cases in general where a refund was for a previously cleared sale, or what?

I had a refund in early March of an April 2019 sale that had cleared. There was a resale for the same amount, but one result of the accounting was that my cleared balance was negative for a while. Is this the same situation?

No this is different, as the resale would've "replaced" the previous sale in your example.

This particular case was a result of a refund that was processed that shouldn't have been. 

Best,

James

18 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Kumar,

If you look at the details field within balance of account you should hopefully see a better description:

• Re-input of funds for refund error <DATE / IMAGE REF>

A refund was issued in error recently for a sale that had already cleared previously last year. This is to correct that error and ensure you are not out of pocket. This particular issue affected 89 contributors for sales dating back to June 2019 but has now been corrected.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,

James A

Thanks James for the clarification (and the refunds!)

Kind regards to you and all at Alamy

Kumar

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, lorenza said:

I continue with this topic considering the relevance. Today I received an amount of $ 3.62 as "other income" and in detail I see "ASCRL payment 2020"
You think???

Same here. Same amount and "ASCRL payment 2020"

• Love 1

Yes, other income $3.62 - Edited: seems to be explained  - but as I found the amount in "Download sales report" on today's date - I cannot see any remarks - will be visible tomorrow in balance of account.

Edited by Niels Quist

I didn't know the US had a payback scheme for copyright.

The American Society for Collective Rights Licensing.

I wonder why I don't see any "other" income for me.

Has anyone signed up for this directly?

Edited by Reimar

6 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Non sapevo che gli Stati Uniti avessero un piano di rimborso per il copyright.

The American Society for Collective Rights Licensing.

Mi chiedo perché non vedo nessun "altro" reddito per me.

Qualcuno si è registrato direttamente?

I didn't sign up ...