Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

My new kitties arrived yesterday. Last night they were hiding in their carriers in the bathroom. This morning one is in the shower stall hissing at me and the other is under a cupboard in the living room growling. Progress.

Paulette

• Love 2

7 hours ago, NYCat said:

My new kitties arrived yesterday. Last night they were hiding in their carriers in the bathroom. This morning one is in the shower stall hissing at me and the other is under a cupboard in the living room growling. Progress.

Paulette

:D Well, they haven’t decided if they want to own you, yet.

• Love 1

Another 2 ingredient fudge recipe

Line a 9x9” dish with parchment paper, even up the sides

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups (16 ounces) smooth or crunchy peanut butter

1 16 ounce can of frosting, can be vanilla or chocolate

Stir together

microwave on high for 60 seconds, stir well.

again, microwave on high for another 60 seconds.

Stir again and pour in prepared dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. I keep mine stored in my refrigerator. I made the chocolate version, using crunchy peanut butter & this:

irvine-ca-january-05-2014-betty-crocker-

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

Oh Paulette what did I say?

OK!  Try feeding them.  But not by hand. In a bowl and stand well back.

Allan

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Stir together

Stir again and pour in prepared dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. I keep mine stored in my refrigerator. I made the chocolate version, using crunchy peanut butter & this:

I think what you call frosting we call icing. But believe it or not Tesco sell Betty Crocker frosting at about £4.50 a tub.

Allan

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Stir together

Sounds delicious - I love, preferably crunchy, peanut butter, but not a recipe for the weight watchers !

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Sounds delicious - I love, preferably crunchy, peanut butter, but not a recipe for the weight watchers !

It is good, I’ve been nibbling on it for 5 days. I think I used the fudge, or darkest frosting. 

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Not worried about watching weight just cholesterol levels.

Allan

On 26/04/2023 at 19:44, Betty LaRue said:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Stir together

Hey Betty,  I visited Tesco today and bought a 400gram tub of Betty Crocker's Chocolate Fudge ICING, yes it is marked as Icing here. Strange as Tesco's own brand is called FROSTING. Doesn't make sense do it.  Also bought a 16oz jar of Whole Earth Smooth Peanut Butter.

Will try the recipe out later today or tomorrow.

Pardon?  No I did not go just for the above I got some other stuff which was needed.  OH! DAMN!  Just remembered I needed some more Blueberries. Oh Well. (shrug shoulders).

Allan

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Hey Betty,  I visited Tesco today and bought a 400gram tub of Betty Crocker's Chocolate Fudge ICING, yes it is marked as Icing here. Strange as Tesco's own brand is called FROSTING. Doesn't make sense do it.  Also bought a 16oz jar of Whole Earth Smooth Peanut Butter.

Will try the recipe out later today or tomorrow.

Pardon?  No I did not go just for the above I got some other stuff which was needed.  OH! DAMN!  Just remembered I needed some more Blueberries. Oh Well. (shrug shoulders).

Allan

I got curious since we use both words, frosting and icing, in the U.S. and wondered if there was a difference....this is what Mr Google says:

Icing is thinner than frosting but not quite as thin as a glaze. Typically made with powdered sugar and liquid, such as water, milk, or juice, icing can be drizzled or spread. Icing has more shine and a smoother consistency than frosting.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I got curious since we use both words, frosting and icing, in the U.S. and wondered if there was a difference....this is what Mr Google says:

Icing is thinner than frosting but not quite as thin as a glaze. Typically made with powdered sugar and liquid, such as water, milk, or juice, icing can be drizzled or spread. Icing has more shine and a smoother consistency than frosting.

Then Allen needs to pay attention if his “icing” is thin. What’s needed for this recipe is thick enough to hold up on a knife like peanut butter does. Spreadable, not pourable or drizzly.

When I bake cakes, I often make my own icing to drizzle thinly over a cake. Sometimes I use fork tines to poke holes in the warm cake & let some seep into the holes. For some reason the auto spell check keeps trying to change fork & tines. I had to fix each twice before what I wanted stuck.

Fork is a word, not a misspelled word. Same for tines. Grrr.😡

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Then Allen needs to pay attention if his “icing” is thin. What’s needed for this recipe is thick enough to hold up on a knife like peanut butter does. Spreadable, not pourable or drizzly.

When I bake cakes, I often make my own icing to drizzle thinly over a cake. Sometimes I use fork tines to poke holes in the warm cake & let some seep into the holes. For some reason the auto spell check keeps trying to change fork & tines. I had to fix each twice before what I wanted stuck.

Fork is a word, not a misspelled word. Same for tines. Grrr.😡

Hi Bet,  The tub I have is "Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing" and the instructions say if I want to use it as a glaze then it needs to be heated in a microwave on full power for 20 secs and if still not pouring from tub to microwave it for another 10 seconds and so on until it will pour easily from the tub.

Not opened tub yet as not ready to use but will keep the Michael's post in mind along with your input.

Allan

This thread is rapidly turning into a cookery lesson.😃

ITMA

12 hours ago, NYCat said:

Spell check is a too bossy,

Paulette

Any improvement in attitude from the pussies?

Allan

Well the boy is coming out from under the bed so I can start making him more relaxed. Did I mention that I am now keeping them separate? She's very, very affectionate and now happy here. Her realm is the living room and bathroom. She came briefly into the bedroom last night and hissed like crazy when she saw him. Sigh. This is what I thought I could avoid if I got a "bonded pair". These two are siblings who have been together all their lives. So the plan is to get him more relaxed and then leave the bedroom door open and let them work it out. There is a photo of them cuddled together so that is what I am aiming for.

Paulette

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi Bet,  The tub I have is "Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing" and the instructions say if I want to use it as a glaze then it needs to be heated in a microwave on full power for 20 secs and if still not pouring from tub to microwave it for another 10 seconds and so on until it will pour easily from the tub.

Not opened tub yet as not ready to use but will keep the Michael's post in mind along with your input.

Allan

This thread is rapidly turning into a cookery lesson.😃

ITMA

Sounds like it will be thick when you open it, then. After you roughly mix it with the peanut butter, 60 seconds in the microwave will thin it & allow more complete mixing. Be sure to get the bottom scraped well since the peanut butter seems to clump there. Another 60 seconds, mix, & pour.

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Sounds like it will be thick when you open it, then. After you roughly mix it with the peanut butter, 60 seconds in the microwave will thin it & allow more complete mixing. Be sure to get the bottom scraped well since the peanut butter seems to clump there. Another 60 seconds, mix, & pour.

Done. It is setting in the fridge now but I had to let it cool a bit before loading it into the fridge.

Allan

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

Well the boy is coming out from under the bed so I can start making him more relaxed. Did I mention that I am now keeping them separate? She's very, very affectionate and now happy here. Her realm is the living room and bathroom. She came briefly into the bedroom last night and hissed like crazy when she saw him. Sigh. This is what I thought I could avoid if I got a "bonded pair". These two are siblings who have been together all their lives. So the plan is to get him more relaxed and then leave the bedroom door open and let them work it out. There is a photo of them cuddled together so that is what I am aiming for.

Paulette

It seems strange that they are squabbling with each other now. You sure you got the same two that are in the picture?

Allan

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Done. It is setting in the fridge now but I had to let it cool a bit before loading it into the fridge.

Allan

Yay! I’ve kept mine in the refrigerator since making. Still in the dish. I just cut off a piece or two when I want it, back in it goes. But I think it would be ok out. Mine’s almost gone, next batch will be with the vanilla frosting. Maybe later today I’ll make it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

It seems strange that they are squabbling with each other now. You sure you got the same two that are in the picture?

Allan

Oh nooooo. Maybe they were using AI to fool me.

Paulette

• Love 1

I got my tomato & bell pepper plants in pots yesterday. Today my son, daughter & her husband came over & helped with more yard work. Dug up two bushes, one a sorry under-performer, the other died from the dry, cold winter, I guess. Kim helped me repot one houseplant & we potted flowers into two large decorative outdoor pots & the guys ponied them to where I wanted them near the house.

Before they came, I baked two pumpkin pies for them. They turned out well.

I think spring has sprung at last. We had two late freezes just over a week ago.

• Alamy locked this topic