Spacecadet safe?

49 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

That’s good. Let’s hope he didn’t see the pre-belches and decide to head that way. In my life, sometimes I’ve run toward danger. To help. Instinct, rather than engaging caution.

the Volcano is actually far off the coast.   most news image of the action were from flights and boats.  

the rest on mainland of memorials, grieving and Jacinda would have been pretty safe. 

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

the Volcano is actually far off the coast.   most news image of the action were from flights and boats.  

the rest on mainland of memorials, grieving and Jacinda would have been pretty safe. 

Thank you. I did not want to lose another of our family here.

• Love 4

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

our family here

That is a very nice thought. YES we are a family.😀   Just hope I am included in that.😧

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I was stood on there almost exactly 5 years ago...16/12/2014

EHMTHN.jpg

Was a bit scary at the time knowing that it was active...

Seems like the authorities should have stopped visitors a month ago when the volcanologists were warning of increased activity.

Very sad 😢

Phil

• Like 1

I rather expect there will be a lot of criticism over this. Decisions were made that morning that put lives at risk. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a bigger hubbub already, unless there is and I’m not hearing about it in my part of the world.

It seems that the victims were scalded by hot water, best I can tell.

I doubt that Mark (Spacecadet) is anywhere near that volcanic island but he certainly has been out of touch for a relatively long time now. ???

I've walked the edge of live volcanos in Costa Rica, Hawaii, and Bali. I don't think they have any here in Liverpool. But they do have the full English breakfast. 

11 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've walked the edge of live volcanos in Costa Rica, Hawaii, and Bali. I don't think they have any here in Liverpool. But they do have the full English breakfast. 

I’m sure a full English breakfast can cause its own volcano. Of a sorts.....

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m still worried. Shouldn’t he be back by now???

Betty

Uh-oh ... is there also a lethal full Kiwi breakfast I wonder? B)

No doubt he's fine, just enjoying the summer sunshine too much to bother with gloomy forum topics like falling prices, etc.

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yeah . . . but he's never been so busy as to not comment on or post a pic of Down Under wines.  ??? Mark! Where are you?

maybe he was taking a break....  the last message seemed to imply he was off Alamy until the new year:

Ooh.

My latest 6 are "awaiting QC":o

Maybe the party's over, or they're still hoiking out a few to check.

Well, they'll be awaiting till 2020 because we're off to NZ.

Bye all.

13 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

maybe he was taking a break....  the last message seemed to imply he was off Alamy until the new year:

Thanks. I feel better. I give him until January 7th!! 😡 That’s all the grace I have in me!
He’ll probably have some tales to tell, but we’ll get his quick one-liners.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Okay, good. You stay warm up there in Quebec. 

considering i was born and raised here, -15 real feel should not feel this cold, but i does.  Just tried to go get some images and gave up after an hour.......  I've been away too long i guess.  Off to T.O. Saturday for a week, then Mexico....   

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

considering i was born and raised here, -15 real feel should not feel this cold, but i does.  Just tried to go get some images and gave up after an hour.......  I've been away too long i guess.  Off to T.O. Saturday for a week, then Mexico....   

I was born in a tropical climate (the West Indies) but was brought up mainly in Quebec, in and around Montreal. When I was a kid, I didn't mind the frigid winters at all. Now, after decades in balmy Vancouver, I'm a wimp, and only visit Montreal in September or October when the weather is usually ideal. Mexico at this time of year sounds like the wise way to go. ¡Buen viaje!

• Thanks 1