I Have Commented On Others, But Have Never Offered My Own

Was also looking at the food shots, Food and Cooking tab nice images, for what it's worth from a non-pro.  I've done some and know how much time it takes to set those up, lighting angles and all that, wouldn't want to do those all the time not easy.

Helen

• Upvote 1

Brian,

Image R4MEED is outstanding, I know that road and had always hoped to make images of Amish country when

I lived in PA, but R4MEED is better than I could have ever done.  Like your work a lot.

Best,

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
Grammer
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Brian,

Image R4MEED is outstanding, I know that road and had always hoped to make images of Amish country when

I lived in PA, but R4MEED is better that I could have ever done.  Like your work a lot.

Best,

Chuck

+1

and what all the others said.

wim

• Upvote 1

Hi Brian,

Great portfolio! Very graphic pictures that often tell a story.

As I like to be different, and at the risk of being unpopular, hah!, some of your photos seem underexposed. Maybe this is a style you're going for? For example:

Church Steeple, Newfane, Vermont, USA - Stock Image

The Unisphere, Flushing Meadows–Corona Park, Queens, New York, USA. An iconic monument located in the Borough of - Stock Image

Ricketts Glen State Park, Benton, Pennsylvania, USA - Stock Image
Adams Falls, Ricketts Glen State Park, Benton, Pennsylvania, USA - Stock Image

But overall great portfolio, #jealous!
Steve
  • Upvote 1

Brian thank you for sharing.

Such good photography.

A very strong sense of place, Illustrating the Amish people respectfully.

Food pictures are so natural.

It would be wrong of me to not mention the caption of Image ID: DGF4DC says City of Bath, Gloucestershire, England, the county is Somerset not Gloucestershire, I looked through a lot of pictures before I stumbled on that!.

James

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for the very kind words!

Steve F. , your thoughts about the exposure of those images are really interesting.  I'm going to see if I can re-shoot and/or reprocess in a different way. 

And James, the confusing of Gloucestershire and Somerset is just the sort of keywording mistake I rarely catch. I'll fix it (and look for more) when I'm back at my desk.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

You've captured your locality beautifully.  I greatly admire quirky and FBYR5A does it for me.

You maybe want a gentle look to your photos, in keeping wit the subject matter, but I'm wondering if some of them could do with being a bit more brash, with a tad more brightness, contrast and saturation?  But that's possibly just me displaying bad taste 😉

• Upvote 1

Hi Brian, I can't offer any specific comments on your portfolio but I always enjoy your work and am always inspired by it. I have also valued your contributions here and elsewhere.

• Upvote 1