16 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It will be a pleasure, Andy.

Malt-o-meal? Isn't that a weapon they used in Afghanistan? 

😂🤣 If you ask my kids, they’d probably say so. They grew to hate it after the 1,001 bowl of it! But I did rotate between cream of wheat, oatmeal and scrambled eggs with the occasional pancake stack thrown in.

23 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Just catching up on various threads.  I wish both Ed and Alan well in the quest for finding a new home and all things health wise.   It must be very unsettling for both of you.  Alan if you move to Lincolnshire hopefully you will be close to Donna Nook to photograph the seals in winter😉  

Carol

Thank you for your good wishes. The area I am looking at at the moment is about 1hr 15mins from Donna Nook by car.

Problem is something has come to light with that area which I do not like so may have to look elsewhere but still not too far from Donna Nook.

Allan

23 hours ago, spacecadet said:

😯

Mark if you have not done it yet have a look at my post on page 3.

Allan

10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

something has come to light with that area which I do not like

Same here, and I come from Lincolnshire.🙄 Not something I readily admit to nowadays.

Kings Lynn looks nice. Still Norfolk though.

Edited by spacecadet

2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Same here, and I come from Lincolnshire.🙄 Not something I readily admit to nowadays.

Kings Lynn looks nice. Still Norfolk though.

I selected Lincolnshire as it is near midway between my family in North Humberside and Suffolk.

Norfolk is not affordable.

Allan

house-painted-as-irish-and-usa-flags-in-moneygall-county-offaly-ireland-to-welcome-president-obama-when-he-visited-his-ancestral-home-in-2011-TRF42D.jpg

Edo's new home?

No actually. I saw this house recently in the village of Moneygall, County Offaly, Ireland, where former US President Barack Obama has his Irish roots. He visited in 2011.

As a sidenote, this is in the first batch of images I have uploaded that were taken with my new RX100VA. I know Edo and Allan among others here are both big fans of these cameras and I have just joined the club.
Edited by MDM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MDM said:

house-painted-as-irish-and-usa-flags-in-moneygall-county-offaly-ireland-to-welcome-president-obama-when-he-visited-his-ancestral-home-in-2011-TRF42D.jpg

Edo's new home?

No actually. I saw this house recently in the village of Moneygall, County Offaly, Ireland, where former US President Barack Obama has his Irish roots. He visited in 2011.

As a sidenote, this is in the first batch of images I have uploaded that were taken with my new RX100VA. I know Edo and Allan among others here are both big fans of these cameras and I have just joined the club.

Only people weighing 100 lbs or less squeeze through that door? Or is it for small children only? 😉😊

Ha ha. I just looked at it on my phone. Better viewed on a computer Betty 😂. I guess Barack Obama would squeeze through but not so sure about your current man who I think happens to be in Ireland right now as well (he was yesterday anyway)

48 minutes ago, MDM said:

Ha ha. I just looked at it on my phone. Better viewed on a computer Betty 😂. I guess Barack Obama would squeeze through but not so sure about your current man who I think happens to be in Ireland right now as well (he was yesterday anyway)

Now that really would be a clear case of obstruction. 😄

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

VA???🤔

Allan

Sony replaced the RX100 V with the RX100 VA about a year ago. It is the only camera in the series that has had such an upgrade. The V is no longer available.

Ah, the VA! Good choice, Michael.

I am Irish again. Arrived in lovely, cool sunshine on a lovely Ryanair flight where I talked non-stop with a lovely Iranian young woman. (We worked out some lovely ways to solve the world's problems.) Had a lovely Irish pizza for an early dinner at the hotel and fell into a lovely sleep. So far all is lovely. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I am Irish again. Arrived in lovely, cool sunshine on a lovely Ryanair flight where I talked non-stop with a lovely Iranian young woman. (We worked out some lovely ways to solve the world's problems.) Had a lovely Irish pizza for an early dinner at the hotel and fell into a lovely sleep. So far all is lovely. 

👍🏻  ádh mór

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Awesome!!!  We must arrange that coffee very soon.

10 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Pleased you are feeling better about life and are happy again.

Allan

12 hours ago, MDM said:

Sony replaced the RX100 V with the RX100 VA about a year ago. It is the only camera in the series that has had such an upgrade. The V is no longer available.

Thank you Mick. I did not know about the change. Must have a look at it.

Allan

21 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Only people weighing 100 lbs or less squeeze through that door? Or is it for small children only? 😉😊

No it is a leprechaun's house.😉

Allan

See Mick I do know a bit about Irish folklore.😁

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

19 hours ago, MDM said:

Sometimes you end up with a squeezed image when dragging and dropping from the Alamy page. I get round it by pulling the tab with the image over to my second monitor first. Otherwise, i take it from AIM, but you get a smaller image.

Edited by spacecadet

10 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Pity I missed you by a few days Edo. I left Dublin on Monday. Yes the VA is a little beaut. I have had to spend some time getting to understand all the menu options. I figured out the basics straight off but there is a lot of stuff to learn there. It's the first non-Nikon I have had in a long time and the thing with Nikon is that they are all very similar. Best of luck with your travels,

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Sometimes you end up with a squeezed image when dragging and dropping from the Alamy page. I get round it by pulling the tab with the image over to my second monitor first.

I did exactly what you say and it looks normal on my monitor but very weird on my phone amd iPad which I presume is what Betty was seeing. 

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you Mick. I did not know about the change. Must have a look at it.

Allan

Wex and others have £100 cashback on these at the moment as well.

Just now, MDM said:

I did exactly what you say and it looks normal on my monitor but very weird on my phone amd iPad which I presume is what Betty was seeing. 

Ah.

Would you mind popping over to the sold page and telling me if my latest one is squeezed? It's also OK for me.

Just now, MDM said:

Wex and others have £100 cashback on these at the moment as well.

Yes it is a Sony thing. Cashbacks on many items.

Allan

8 hours ago, MDM said:

Yes, on my iPad. That’s all I use for the forum. I also do the work in AIM on my iPad from the comfort of my easy chair. I thought perhaps the way to get in that house was through those nice, fat windows. That way only the young and agile could access, barring all those wrinkled people. I would be borderline for sure on the wrinkles, but forget the agility. My climbing through windows, like when I locked myself out of the house, is over.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

• Ed Rooney changed the title to Galway, Ireland?