What price range for TV use?

Hi I got approached for use of my images in a TV documentary series. Very early talks, but would like to get an general idea of prices alamy uses for TV use. Say national tv coverage, are we talking about £, ££ or £££?

Thanks

I had a BBC TV use on June 2017 by $$$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 29 June 2017
End: 29 June 2027
Includes the right to transmit the Programme also in any BBC Public Service for television other than BBC1 or BBC2 without limit on the number of transmissions, within a period of three years of the date of the request.

1 hour ago, vpics said:

Check the Alamy calculator as if you were buying the image and take it from there.

Thanks everyone. Based on experience the prices are nowhere near the calculator prices. These days seems that every buyer has some sort of a deal with Alamy outside the regular price list.

It's always good to get the old calculator out.

In my memory I had a couple and they were like mid $$ too. However..

Turns out since Jan 1 2018 I had 13 licenses for TV:

5 distributors; 8 direct.

Distributor average around $$.

Direct average around $$$.

All gross.

Highest direct: higher $$$.

Some if not all had descriptions that are not in the calculator. Like internet only. So is that TV over internet? It was not the lowest.

The descriptions, or conditions, varied wildly just like the fees.

6 were Worldwide ; 4 Japan ; 2 Germany; 1 US.

6 were bulk discount.

Shortest duration: 1 month. (Not the cheapest.)

Longest: In perpetuity Licensed for a single edit, in perpetuity and across all media. (Not the most expensive.)

Both were not bulk discount.

All were RM.

Interesting exercise.

wim

(I may remove numbers a bit later.)

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

It's always good to get the old calculator out.

Strange but using my mobile i dont have an option of investigating an "other type of license", where I believed the calculator used to sit. I only have the six options (presentation, website, magazines, marketing small business, marketing large business) and none of them mentions TV. They all have a set price either. The image is and old live news image if thos helps.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Are you reading this, Alamy?

To be fair, it has been a number of years since I made a TV sale on my own. I used to ask for at least $150 -- which seemed fair to me --  and I don't remember anyone balking. The fees for editorial TV licenses on the Alamy calculator are a lot lower than that.

13 hours ago, Pietrach said:

Strange but using my mobile i dont have an option of investigating an "other type of license", where I believed the calculator used to sit. I only have the six options (presentation, website, magazines, marketing small business, marketing large business) and none of them mentions TV. They all have a set price either. The image is and old live news image if thos helps.

Thanks

RM?

Because RF of course doesn't have/need that.

Sell and forget and all that.

wim

TV pricing regarding clips rather than stills goes for around $100/second for national coverage in the US. Some old footage of mine licensed at that rate recently. I gather that for stills it's a fixed rate regardless of how long the image is on the screen. My images used in documentaries have also been mid-$$, except for one in the very low-$$ range that was licensed through a distributor. A still used in commercial television went for $$$$ via Alamy.

Archived