Matt Ashmore

Has the search engine updated?

Recommended Posts

.. as the title says, have people seen the search engine update?

 

Two nights ago, I keyworded 3 images but only one of the three was on sale (via the search engine and in my profile) yesterday.

Yesterday, I keyworded 20+ images... still not seeing the missing images from two nights ago or the images keyworded yesterday?

 

Are other people missing images from the search results or is this just me?

 

What makes this particularly annoying is that today, I see stories like this in the media:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/09/mothercare-woes-deepen-after-christmas-sales-plunge

And one of the images missing from two days ago is a picture of my local Mothercare store having a closing down sale.

 

Edited by Matt Ashmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

And one of the images missing from two days ago is a picture of my local Mothercare store having a closing down sale.

 

 

sent in as a LiveNews story surely.....

 

km

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedSnapper said:

 

sent in as a LiveNews story surely.....

 

km

 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Keith! I took the image on a very busy day and to be honest, it didn't occur that this was particularly up-to-date news. I remember before Christmas reading about Mothercare being in trouble and assumed that this was just old news and I was taking a picture for prosperity sake. So a combination of lack of time and assuming that my local Mothercare shutting was old news meant that the image was pushed as normal stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not updated for me yet either.  Also having to click on images on my dashboard which I've never had to do before :(

 

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is also "interesting" (word used in a loose sense of it's definition! :) )   is that the forum says I have 5911 images yet click on the '5911' and the search engine says I have 5885 images. I notice similar when clicking on the '2146' under Carol's name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

.. as the title says, have people seen the search engine update?

 

Two nights ago, I keyworded...

Same here. Though luckily none of mine would be particularly newsworthy on this occasion it has happened to me like that before in a similar way, though I can't remember the story. When the law of the sod is enforced.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't uploaded any new images but changes I made on Tuesday and Wednesday to keywords, Alamy Only and Editorial Only boxes on a large number of images have updated on the database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I haven't uploaded any new images but changes I made on Tuesday and Wednesday to keywords, Alamy Only and Editorial Only boxes on a large number of images have updated on the database.

AFAICS exclusive/non-exclusive doesn't show on the sales page. Mine haven't updated from yesterday.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

AFAICS exclusive/non-exclusive doesn't show on the sales page. Mine haven't updated from yesterday.

 

You'e right that you can't see on the sales page whether exclusive/non-exclusive is set on an image. However, other aspects of changes I have made over the last two days to keywords, additional info,  and editorial only boxes on about 500 images have definitely updated for me, so the database update process is not completely stuck..

 

It is quite likely that new images are subject to a slightly different update process and the update on that aspect of the database may be incomplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

What is also "interesting" (word used in a loose sense of it's definition! :) )   is that the forum says I have 5911 images yet click on the '5911' and the search engine says I have 5885 images. I notice similar when clicking on the '2146' under Carol's name.

If you log out and back in you should find the right number indicating your portfolio total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

If you log out and back in you should find the right number indicating your portfolio total

 

Nope.. didn't make a difference this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

If you log out and back in you should find the right number indicating your portfolio total

That's not really the point. The forum is indicating the greater number ie. the number passed QC and keyworded in AIM, whilst clicking on it shows the lower number, the number of images on the non-updated database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Images I keyworded two days ago still aren't showing up in search results. Usually they show up within 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am missing 6 out of the 8 I keyword etc on Tuesday evening.  They say they are on sale but apparently they're not.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I am missing 6 out of the 8 I keyword etc on Tuesday evening.  They say they are on sale but apparently they're not.

 

Pearl

 

Yes, this is the bit that I find a little surprising. I am used to the search engine not updating for a day or two and so not putting images that I have keyworded up for sale immediately. But this time it is almost as if the update half ran, only picking up half the images that were available to go on sale at the time it ran. There is a line in the sand, so-to-speak, whereby images keyworded before a given cut-off time are included and images keyworded after that cut-off have to wait another day... but I thought that was more like midnight GMT and I am fairly sure that images that I keyworded two days ago were done in one batch, quickly, earlier in the evening.

Edited by Matt Ashmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

Yes, this is the bit that I find a little surprising. I am used to the search engine not updating for a day or two and so not putting images that I have keyworded up for sale immediately. But this time it is almost as if the update half ran, only picking up half the images that were available to go on sale at the time it ran. There is a line in the sand, so-to-speak, whereby images keyworded before a given cut-off time are included and images keyworded after that cut-off have to wait another day... but I thought that was more like midnight GMT and I am fairly sure that images that I keyworded two days ago were done in one batch, quickly, earlier in the evening.

Mine were certainly done quickly and mostly in one batch before 6pm GMT.  The odd one that was done separately and has not appeared was actually the first to be done so I don't think it's anything to do with cut-off times.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has just updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Mine has just updated

 

Yes, it seems my images are now live too. I wonder if this thread prompted Alamy to fix something? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now