Has the search engine updated?

.. as the title says, have people seen the search engine update?

Two nights ago, I keyworded 3 images but only one of the three was on sale (via the search engine and in my profile) yesterday.

Yesterday, I keyworded 20+ images... still not seeing the missing images from two nights ago or the images keyworded yesterday?

Are other people missing images from the search results or is this just me?

What makes this particularly annoying is that today, I see stories like this in the media:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/09/mothercare-woes-deepen-after-christmas-sales-plunge

And one of the images missing from two days ago is a picture of my local Mothercare store having a closing down sale.

Just now, RedSnapper said:

sent in as a LiveNews story surely.....

km

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Keith! I took the image on a very busy day and to be honest, it didn't occur that this was particularly up-to-date news. I remember before Christmas reading about Mothercare being in trouble and assumed that this was just old news and I was taking a picture for prosperity sake. So a combination of lack of time and assuming that my local Mothercare shutting was old news meant that the image was pushed as normal stock.

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

.. as the title says, have people seen the search engine update?

Two nights ago, I keyworded...

Same here. Though luckily none of mine would be particularly newsworthy on this occasion it has happened to me like that before in a similar way, though I can't remember the story. When the law of the sod is enforced.

16 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I haven't uploaded any new images but changes I made on Tuesday and Wednesday to keywords, Alamy Only and Editorial Only boxes on a large number of images have updated on the database.

AFAICS exclusive/non-exclusive doesn't show on the sales page. Mine haven't updated from yesterday.

59 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

AFAICS exclusive/non-exclusive doesn't show on the sales page. Mine haven't updated from yesterday.

You'e right that you can't see on the sales page whether exclusive/non-exclusive is set on an image. However, other aspects of changes I have made over the last two days to keywords, additional info,  and editorial only boxes on about 500 images have definitely updated for me, so the database update process is not completely stuck..

It is quite likely that new images are subject to a slightly different update process and the update on that aspect of the database may be incomplete.

3 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

What is also "interesting" (word used in a loose sense of it's definition! :) )   is that the forum says I have 5911 images yet click on the '5911' and the search engine says I have 5885 images. I notice similar when clicking on the '2146' under Carol's name.

If you log out and back in you should find the right number indicating your portfolio total

12 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

If you log out and back in you should find the right number indicating your portfolio total

That's not really the point. The forum is indicating the greater number ie. the number passed QC and keyworded in AIM, whilst clicking on it shows the lower number, the number of images on the non-updated database.

36 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I am missing 6 out of the 8 I keyword etc on Tuesday evening.  They say they are on sale but apparently they're not.

Pearl

Yes, this is the bit that I find a little surprising. I am used to the search engine not updating for a day or two and so not putting images that I have keyworded up for sale immediately. But this time it is almost as if the update half ran, only picking up half the images that were available to go on sale at the time it ran. There is a line in the sand, so-to-speak, whereby images keyworded before a given cut-off time are included and images keyworded after that cut-off have to wait another day... but I thought that was more like midnight GMT and I am fairly sure that images that I keyworded two days ago were done in one batch, quickly, earlier in the evening.

14 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Yes, this is the bit that I find a little surprising. I am used to the search engine not updating for a day or two and so not putting images that I have keyworded up for sale immediately. But this time it is almost as if the update half ran, only picking up half the images that were available to go on sale at the time it ran. There is a line in the sand, so-to-speak, whereby images keyworded before a given cut-off time are included and images keyworded after that cut-off have to wait another day... but I thought that was more like midnight GMT and I am fairly sure that images that I keyworded two days ago were done in one batch, quickly, earlier in the evening.

Mine were certainly done quickly and mostly in one batch before 6pm GMT.  The odd one that was done separately and has not appeared was actually the first to be done so I don't think it's anything to do with cut-off times.

Pearl

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Last Updated on : 19 Mar 2019 08:10 GMT Yours hasn't updated?

Measures has updated, the database (ie. the important bit where sales might come from ....(Lol!) ) hasn't.

Just now, LawrensonPhoto said:

Ok, so how did you know that the database had updated?

My images have appeared. The images that I worked on yesterday are now searchable and can be found by customers, if there are any out there!

2 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Or do you mean the images uploaded yesterday have only just displayed

They passed QC and were worked on yesterday (uploaded from Friday through to Monday), and show as 'on sale' in AIM but that's a lie until they actually appear on the database.

Archived