Anyone had experience of dealing with E-infinity On-Line Store

E-infinity appears to have mainly good reviews on it's website but I wonder how representative they really are.

Their prices are very competitive too.   I can't work out if they're UK based.

Any experience shared would be appreciated.

John

According to their site they are UK based and Australia based.  Prices are in USD though.

So they obviously ship from those two countries depending on where the goods are going.  The started out as an ebay store according to their About Us Page.

Jill

• Love 1

I've bought 3 bodies and 2 lenses from E-infinity without any problems. Very good prices, each item I've bought took about a week to arrive. A few days after placing the order I received an email with attachment showing the boxed item/s with serial numbers. Then later shipping information. More expensive items are shipped by UPS.  The UPS depot shipping label indicated it came from up north, possibly Sunderland. A cheaper item was shipped by Royal Mail. 

They originate from China, likely Hong Kong. The Nikon boxes were slightly different from previous ones bought from Wex, had some writing in Chinese. The boxes had been opened and resealed, the charger cables swopped for UK ones.  The Invoice/receipt indicates all duties paid. I've never had to deal with a warranty repair (1 year warranty), but from what I've read on forums any problems you are referred to an authorised repairer in Glasgow. Last time I needed a warranty repair was to the light meter in an OM1 many moons ago. When I queried stock with E-infinity via email they responded same day.

On the downside, grey import purchases can't be used with cash back schemes. Extended 5 year warranty on Tamron lenses can't be applied for. Range of products not as extensive as major UK based sellers. Sometimes items show as out of stock. I wanted a Tamron 17-35mm F2.8 - 4 OSD lens, they don't have a restock date, so am looking elsewhere.

Panamoz is another grey importer, believe they ship direct from HK. Last time I checked less stock than E-infinity and more expensive, but offer their own 3 year warranty. I've read good things about them on forums.

The last lens I bought came from a dealer in Bournemouth, standard price but there was a good cash back deal on and I needed it quickly. Picked it up on my way away for a few days where I would need it.

Steve

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 1

damn... and i just bought myself brand new canon 35mm lens and paid top dollar for it :wacko: like 1/4 if not more than what`s on those websites...  will be wiser next time!  

thanks for sharing! 

Michael 

• Love 1

I bought a grey import from HDEW. It had a fault, I sent it back, they replaced it, the replacement had the same fault. HDEW said it must be user error, and Canon refused to touch it because it was a grey import. To be fair to HDEW, they did eventually take it back and refund my money but in future I will pay the price for legit gear and have peace of mind.

Alan

• Love 1

One thing to be aware of if you are buying cameras from HK - GPS capability might be crippled.  I recently bought a used D7200 body on ebay from a UK seller, almost mint condition, good price and very low shutter count.  While I was going through the menus I noticed that the 'GPS Location' option was missing from the setup menu.  A google search found this....

https://petapixel.com/2012/05/25/why-your-digital-cameras-gps-might-not-work-in-china/

and an email to Nikon confirmed that it is a grey import and GPS is not available (and can't be restored with firmware).   Not a problem for me as I don't have a GPS unit (and anyway I have another body with GPS).

Well, I've taken the plunge and bought an RX100 M6 from E-infinity.  It arrived in good time with excellent communication from the company.

Initial findings look very promising and the 24 to 200mm lens will be very useful.  The redesigned pop-up viewfinder is a great improvement.

I am selling one of my RX100 M3 cameras on Ebay.  Link below if anyone is interested.  

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=323497354254&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

You're gonna love that camera, John. The biggest improvement from the 100/3 I had been using is the snappy, accurate autofocus.  Good shooting!

Edo

Thanks Edo,  Very reassuring :). 

I hope put it through it's paces tomorrow.

John

• 4 months later...

I had very good experience with this shop. Everything was fine. Bought my 5d mk IV and 24-70L IS ii. Very cheap, payed with paypal, very fast delivery. I know it's grey import, but I never needed any service for any of my cameras in last 15 years in the warranty period. So thumbs up for this shop!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Hoping someone who's purchased from E-Infinity might be able to help. Up above @sb photos said that the paperwork included showed that the necessary import duties had been paid, etc.

My business is VAT registered here in the UK, does anyone know if the paperwork included would allow us to reclaim the import VAT paid? Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought a lens from them, it was defecttive and they said to fix it locally and they will pay for the repair. Not only that did not happen, they kept the lens for 6 months now, warranty is out and they won't pay. So they have the lens, rhe money and they don't answer the phone or emails. Stay away!

It was a nikon 105 1.4, paid 1300 pounds

On 06/10/2018 at 12:09, sb photos said:

I've bought 3 bodies and 2 lenses from E-infinity without any problems. Very good prices, each item I've bought took about a week to arrive. A few days after placing the order I received an email with attachment showing the boxed item/s with serial numbers. Then later shipping information. More expensive items are shipped by UPS.  The UPS depot shipping label indicated it came from up north, possibly Sunderland. A cheaper item was shipped by Royal Mail. 

They originate from China, likely Hong Kong. The Nikon boxes were slightly different from previous ones bought from Wex, had some writing in Chinese. The boxes had been opened and resealed, the charger cables swopped for UK ones.  The Invoice/receipt indicates all duties paid. I've never had to deal with a warranty repair (1 year warranty), but from what I've read on forums any problems you are referred to an authorised repairer in Glasgow. Last time I needed a warranty repair was to the light meter in an OM1 many moons ago. When I queried stock with E-infinity via email they responded same day.

On the downside, grey import purchases can't be used with cash back schemes. Extended 5 year warranty on Tamron lenses can't be applied for. Range of products not as extensive as major UK based sellers. Sometimes items show as out of stock. I wanted a Tamron 17-35mm F2.8 - 4 OSD lens, they don't have a restock date, so am looking elsewhere.

Panamoz is another grey importer, believe they ship direct from HK. Last time I checked less stock than E-infinity and more expensive, but offer their own 3 year warranty. I've read good things about them on forums.

The last lens I bought came from a dealer in Bournemouth, standard price but there was a good cash back deal on and I needed it quickly. Picked it up on my way away for a few days where I would need it.

Steve

In addition to my last post I did later buy the Nikon fit Tamron 17-35mm F2.8 - 4 OSD lens from them. They emailed when they had stock. A great lens and importantly light to carry. Was using it today. Also in April I bought my Sony RX100M7 from them, well pleased with the price and camera.

Nicolae, post above, when did you have problems with Infinity? Before ordering from them I determined they had a service agreement with a Nikon authorised repairer in Scotland, and know someone who used them for an Infinity provided camera body warranty repair without any problems.

Steve

Edited by sb photos