Nice challenge Keith. I live less than 10M from my village harbour wall.

The local Coast Guard on a shout 15m from my front door.

castletownshend-ireland-19th-april-2018irish-coast-guard-toe-head-branch-launching-their-delta-class-boat-on-a-practice-evening-from-the-slipway-at-castletownshend-once-launched-the-powerful-craft-can-reach-speeds-in-excess-of-35knots-with-its-twin-115hp-yamaha-outboard-engines-the-coast-guard-are-on-bleeper-call-24hr-7-days-a-week-responding-to-maritime-emergencies-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-MDJXFE.jpg

Young man on his new jet ski 30M from my front door

young-man-having-fun-on-a-jet-ski-P94E0T.jpg

Shrimp fisherman shooting his pots 40M from my front door

shrimp-fisherman-tending-his-pots-from-a-small-klinker-built-boat-with-seagulls-for-company-west-cork-ireland-PJK439.jpg

This guy decided to shoot up in his car right in front of my house. A neighbor called police. The officer behind the tree is our Resident Beat Officer, who lives a few blocks south on the same street.

oak-park-illinois-usa-24th-june-2016-oak

Northern sea oats (Chasmanthium latifolium) native to the Midwest USA and growing in our backyard.

northern-sea-oats-chasmanthium-latifoliu

This is an American toad a neighbor dug up while turning over his compost pile. Luckily it survived. I had no idea they lived in town. The forest preserves a few miles away are full of them. I've edited the species name as it's been changed from Bufo americanus to Anaxyrus americanus.

american-toad-bufo-americanus-sitting-on

All licensed images.

At our last house, a VW Golf made an unexpected visit to my next door neighbour

One of the sequence licensed in theTelegraph,

A Volkswagen Golf demolished the corner of Hornby Cottage, a listed cottage in Welford on Avon, Warwickshire Stock Photo

Same house, the Shakespeare marathon came past our driveway. Here are the stragglers who'd given up on the running part.

Sunday 28th April, Welford on Avon, UK. Stragglers bring up the tail end of the Shakespeare Marathon at Welford Stock Photo

Few years back, I lived opposite this footbridge.

A footbridge with iron handrails heading towards houses, with a dramatic sunset sky overhead Stock Photo

22 hours ago, NYCat said:

Is that what you guys call a "Jumble sale"? I can see why...

Paulette

Is that what you call a "Rummage sale"?

Allan

Yes, I believe "rummage sale" is usually in a church and we also have "garage sale" and "yard sale" at homes. In NYC it might be a "stoop sale". Then the "swap meets" are a community thing. 

Paulette

6 hours ago, NYCat said:

Yes, I believe "rummage sale" is usually in a church and we also have "garage sale" and "yard sale" at homes. In NYC it might be a "stoop sale". Then the "swap meets" are a community thing. 

Paulette

We have most of those here but not "Stoop sales".

Allan

At my next door neighbour, this was my first photograph sold on Alamy:

electric-guitar-AR4AXC.jpg

After a cyclone in the street just up the corner from me:

broken-and-fallen-power-lines-pylon-after-the-passage-of-tropical-M8P7BF.jpg

Another neighbour frangipani:

plumeria-alba-flower-on-the-tree-KWTY8J.jpg

All this is from Darwin, Australia.

Have a good day.

Sorry, forget the first one, it was indoor, so here comes a third outdoor, my neighbour's cat who like to sleep on the roof of my car and is not too happy that I have to go to work in the morning:

cat-resting-on-the-roof-of-a-car-and-looking-at-the-camera-KRNK6D.jpg

A couple of my images of the corner of Waverly Place and Waverly Place have sold. One of our Greenwich Village street oddities...

street-signs-at-the-corner-of-waverly-pl

DPEM83  Signs at the corner of Waverly and Waverly, New York City

empty-tables-and-chairs-at-the-sidewalk-

S0Y2YF  Sidewalk Cafe in Greenwich Village, New York City

cat-looking-up-in-window-with-windowbox-

BCMN56  Cat in window in Greenwich Village, NYC

Paulette

Just to prove that anything can sell:
My local bus stop. I grabbed this shot quickly with the NEX6 on my way out for a walk because I liked the arrangement of lines and colours. I only uploaded to Alamy to make up the numbers and never expected it to sell, but it did fairly quickly, for a commercial presentation.

bus-stop-in-a-side-street-sowerby-bridge-west-yorkshire-EGNDK3.jpg

Rushbearing parade passing the end of my street. The bus stop in the previous picture is just out of shot to the left.

rushbearing-festival-procession-sowerby-bridge-west-yorkshire-F1XK00.jpg

Just across the road from a previous home:

birds-and-narrowboats-on-the-frozen-bridgewater-canal-at-stockton-heath-cheshire-PP349N.jpg

Alan

On 18/09/2018 at 22:33, NYCat said:

Cats rule..... Love the pic.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette.

I do tend to like cats too.

And that one is a good one, but he just likes to sleep on my car out of all the one in the parking...

Archived