Can I get just Photoshop on the monthly deal

How do I just obtain the Photoshop download on the monthly deal?  When I go to the Adobe site all I can see available is the complete package deal at over £20 p.m.

I guess I'm looking in the wrong place but if anyone can confirm I can just download Photoshop and provide a link I would appreciate it.

Thanks

John

You cannot get just photoshop as far as I know but there is a photographers package at less than £10 a month which is photoshop, lightroom, and a couple of others related to these and photography - that is the package I have and its great.

2 hours ago, John Walker said:

Thanks Starsphinx and MDM - now all sorted.  A new learning curve begins - I've been using Elements for a number of years but I can see benefits in this upgrade.

John

Wait until you use the upright tool on a building! :) 

21 hours ago, John Walker said:

Thanks Starsphinx and MDM - now all sorted.  A new learning curve begins - I've been using Elements for a number of years but I can see benefits in this upgrade.

John

I was using Elements for quite a while before I got Photoshop CC, you will have your favourites so it won't take you long to get used to it, as well as a whole host of other goodies to play with! Well worth the £9.98 a month.

John.

I use the upright tool in LR. As you go down the panel of sliders, you will come to the transform panel. You’ll see the words  “upright” and then the “auto” button. Click on it.  Auto will usually get it perfect. If not, hit the off button. You can play with the guided...sometimes it works well.

If these don’t work, I open into ACR. In the toolbar up top, to the right of the crop tool, you’ll see an icon that looks like a rectangle with a semi circle of dots over it. Double click on this and it will correct the image. 90% of the time, the tool in LR or ACR will do the job. The LR is better at it in MHO.

Betty

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks! I thought it was a PS tool. I don't use Lightroom, just can't get one with it and I know that is my fault.

See the excellent video link in post from Michael Ventura above - Lightroom is not necessary as the same tool is available in ACR and easy to use. Also you can use this in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop CC on files that you have already converted. No excuse for converging verticals these days :mellow:

12 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Yes it is helpful but she does speak far too quickly for me with all the keyboards shortcuts. Will definitely use this tool.

:D I agree! That’s why in the past, while first learning PS, I bought thr Dummy books. I’ve always preferred books, but nowadays by the time you buy one, the software has changed and the book is obsolete. I learned a lot from Scott Kelby’s books.

I am better with the video tutorials. I sometimes have my iPad next to my computer so I can stop and start the video on the iPad while working on the photo.  I just finish an architectural photo shoot today for a builder client and I am using the Upright tools on every photo!  So useful!

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I am better with the video tutorials. I sometimes have my iPad next to my computer so I can stop and start the video on the iPad while working on the photo.  I just finish an architectural photo shoot today for a builder client and I am using the Upright tools on every photo!  So useful!

I like both myself. Julieanne Koch's videos are very good, especially at introducing what's new in Lightroom. I like a good book for reference as the manuals are always sparse and never give a viewpoint on what is good or bad. Martin Evening is my man for this and his books don't really go out of date fast as he updates the info as updates are released on a dedicated website. My preference nowadays is for an electronic book on my iPad.

• 3 weeks later...

Lightroom (at least in my standalone version 6) does a pretty good job of perspective correction, but tends to over-correct on tall buildings. There should generally be a slight degree of convergence, otherwise the building will appear to the eye to be wider at the top than the bottom.

Alex

Skylum software's Luminar 2018 is becoming more popular as an image editor - especially attractive to anyone who doesn't wish to be tied to Adobe's monthly subscription deal. Luminar 2018 currently is $69 USD for Mac or PC and has free trial I believe.  I'm not a Luminar customer - yet.  But curious about it.

I read that Luminar has a transform function in it's RAW Develop filter to compensate for perspective problems.

Curious if anyone with Luminar 2018 can relate how it's transform tools work especially for the afore-mentioned building upright straightening?

Yes I would say that there are so many differences since LR 5.6 that is is really worth upgrading for the speed enhancements alone. The CC version has many enhancements over the perpetual version as well. But it always depends on what you do with it I guess. 

On 9/12/2018 at 14:20, MDM said:

Yes I would say that there are so many differences since LR 5.6 that is is really worth upgrading for the speed enhancements alone. The CC version has many enhancements over the perpetual version as well. But it always depends on what you do with it I guess. 

Thanks MDM, I'll ponder it a while, as I have very flaky internet and don't use cloud storage, so not sure if it will try to drain my data.

45 minutes ago, mickfly said:

Thanks MDM, I'll ponder it a while, as I have very flaky internet and don't use cloud storage, so not sure if it will try to drain my data.

If you use the classic lightroom and photoshop part the only time it will use data is when updating the software - which I believe happened with old stand-alone software anyway at least for a period of time.  Both those programs are installed on your machine and work offline the same as the old stuff

1 hour ago, mickfly said:

That is a misconception a lot of people have as Starsphinx also says. You only need internet access to sign in occasionally as well as download the software and updates. Adobe have been messing around with names which makes it very confusing. LR Classic is the one you need. 

Archived