DACS payment date?

I have a question re DACS claims. It's my understanding that it can only be claimed for books, magazines and TV publications within the UK. 

From the sales report, how do I work out where the magazine or book was published? Would it be under license details or the region column? 

I've had a few magazine/ book licenses where under license details it states 'Country: worldwide' but then under Region it states 'UK'. Will those be included in the DACS claim?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

I have a question re DACS claims. It's my understanding that it can only be claimed for books, magazines and TV publications within the UK. 

From the sales report, how do I work out where the magazine or book was published? Would it be under license details or the region column? 

I've had a few magazine/ book licenses where under license details it states 'Country: worldwide' but then under Region it states 'UK'. Will those be included in the DACS claim?

Thank you.

I have always gone by what it says under the Region column.  If it says UK you can claim it but not if it says anything else.  But as Paulette says you need to tell Alamy not to claim on your behalf if you want to do it yourself.

Pearl

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Thank you.

If it says 'UK' anywhere - put it in your submitted spreadsheet! DACS can always decide not to include it, but you can't go back to add it! 

...until next year  that is! 

2 hours ago, Pearl said:

I have always gone by what it says under the Region column.  If it says UK you can claim it but not if it says anything else.  But as Paulette says you need to tell Alamy not to claim on your behalf if you want to do it yourself.

Pearl

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

If it says 'UK' anywhere - put it in your submitted spreadsheet! DACS can always decide not to include it, but you can't go back to add it! 

...until next year  that is! 

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

It is my understanding that you have to tell Alamy not to claim for you. They do that as the default these days.

Paulette

Thank you all for replying, very helpful indeed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived