First time I've noticed it, but I've just had the message that I've exceeded the number of supertags on one or more of the selected images but with the addition of a helpful continuation of the message 'Try removing Alamy refs......from selection', and a button [Remove] which does it for you.

9 hours ago, Avpics said:

First time I've noticed it, but I've just had the message that I've exceeded the number of supertags on one or more of the selected images but with the addition of a helpful continuation of the message 'Try removing Alamy refs......from selection', and a button [Remove] which does it for you.

That would be great - But I'm not seeing that option... maybe it's being tested on a few users or is only displayed in a very specific set of circumstances?

Mark

This is a little update we released yesterday - should be available to all users. 

We've also recently released another little update that puts both the mandatory and optional tabs on one window when you maximise the right hand side of the tool using the option at the top.

Cheers

Alamy

That's excellent news. Can you provide a little more detail as to when this new feature operates?

I just tried it again with just 2 images selected and tried adding a too many supertags to one of the images, and it worked as described by Avpics - brilliant.

But when I had 12 mages selected with a more complex combination of tags and supertags earlier it didn't. I just got the usual message.

Also does it apply when trying to add too many tags instead of supertags?

It will be great if you can finally get some of those tweaks made to AIM that have long been requested.

A "delete all tags from selected images" would be my top request.

That would be followed by copy and paste all tags from one image (already on sale) to other image(s) which are not yet on sale

Mark

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

This is a little update we released yesterday - should be available to all users. 

We've also recently released another little update that puts both the mandatory and optional tabs on one window when you maximise the right hand side of the tool using the option at the top.

Cheers

Alamy

Oooo I like that. Nice!

26 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Oooo I like that. Nice!

I like that too! And to add to the above requests, a suggestion to prevent a word being able to be both a supertag and tag on an image.

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

I like that too! And to add to the above requests, a suggestion to prevent a word being able to be both a supertag and tag on an image.

Sally I do not think it is a problem if you have a word being tag and supertag.

Allan

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

Just used this new addition and I like it very much. It cuts my time on adding detail to images considerably.

Not tried the other addition yet.

Allan

1 hour ago, Sally said:

You get a warning if you try to add one that is already the other.

Also, there's some evidence that image with both may rank a bit higher. I haven't deduplicated for this reason, but I no longer add both.

Yes, I like it too!!

Thanks Alamy for letting us know.

Perhaps updates could be reported as soon as they happen rather than people finding out by accident?

John.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You get a warning if you try to add one that is already the other.

Also, there's some evidence that image with both may rank a bit higher. I haven't deduplicated for this reason, but I no longer add both.

No you don’t as far as I can see. If a word or phrase is a supertag, you can erroneously add it again as a normal tag without any kind of warning. Only if you do have both and click the supertag word to remove it as a supertag, do you get a warning. 

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Sally I do not think it is a problem if you have a word being tag and supertag.

Allan

I realise that, per se, it isn’t a problem, but it is if you want to add more tags and have reached the limit. It is very difficult to see, from the way the tags are laid out, if you have mistakenly duplicated. This was discussed in another thread 

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/9229-avoid-tag-duplication/

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I realise that, per se, it isn’t a problem, but it is if you want to add more tags and have reached the limit. It is very difficult to see, from the way the tags are laid out, if you have mistakenly duplicated. This was discussed in another thread 

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/9229-avoid-tag-duplication/

Sorry Sally misunderstood your post.

Allan

1 hour ago, Webby said:

Is the optional tick box to not sell for PU or home prints new?.....or have I missed that before? :mellow:

PU tick box has been with us for some time.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

PU tick box has been with us for some time.

Allan

Doh, I've keyworded 180+ images in the last two weeks and didnt notice..... 

4 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

Now if you could only make it stick so next time you go in it keeps the same format :)

Just pin the tab. You don't have to refresh to get images to show as having passed QC- they continue to show as "in QC" in the sidebar but they're not, you can work on them.

Archived