No 'Save Image Location'

Well, this is strange. On my Mac I used to Ctrl-click a public watermarked image (Right-click on a PC) and then Save Image Location which allowed me to use it as a hot link for various reasons, including on the forum.

But today that is no longer working. Doing so only gives me a Save Image Preview - and this only flashes up for a millisecond before disappearing altogether. Alt-click to see the larger Preview version works as normal. Same on my Firefox and Chrome so it's not a browser issue.

Anyone else - or am I having a personal crisis?

Cheers,

Richard

Oh, that makes sense - thanks. Not that it'll make a real difference, seeing as you can screengrab.

So in future, how shall we post pictures to the forum? The copy location was the only method that seemed to work.

Yep. I see it. Did you take it from the preview page? I did one from the preview page but then lost it when I was trying with the enlarged version. Let's see if I can get it again.

Two year old Bengal Tiger cub, Panthera tigris tigris, standing in dry grass Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh, India Stock Photo

Yes, this is from the preview page. Drag and drop on Safari.

Paulette

6 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Yep. I see it. Did you take it from the preview page?

Paulette

Yes.  Two windows open, clicked and dragged across from preview page to forum.  It helps having twin monitors!

I'll test a smaller view from the normal search display below:

Pale pink and white form of the mossy saxifrage, Saxifraga x arendsii, flowering in early summer - Stock Image

Seems to work.

This is interesting:  Not all images can be clicked and dragged from the preview screen.  Some work, some don't.  I thought it might be connected to date of upload but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Even when selecting two adjacent images from the same upload one will go, t'other won't.  I can see no rhyme nor reason to the effect.  Well, I'm used to being confused, so why should today be any different :)

I just tried to drag and drop some images for "Favorite images" and the first one worked and was huge but I lost it when I tried to add another. Maybe doing it from the Image Manager is the only good way now?

Paulette

veteran-1952-porsche-junior-tractor-at-show-ground-for-stow-cum-quy-E6DJWH.jpg

If you want big.......

Drag and drop image from Alamy sales page. This was the same image as we used to click on then save URL.

Working with two open windows side by side in Safari on iMac.

Allan

went to Alamy front page. Searched this image by Alamy code. Was able to control click to copy image URL. Pasted into "insert other media" from URL.

drag and drop did not at all work for me. Safari on a Mac

canada-goose-goslings-branta-canadensis-

Archived