IMO?

Hello to all. Reading the forum, even post-recent (so I learn), as well as CTR I hear about "IMO". I could not understand what it refers to. News: today my CTR went to 0.83 (5 zoom at the weekend) ... a good sign? I decided to keep my only pseudonym ...

good evening to all .. (here in Italy it's 5.00 pm ...)

I do not have much time to interact in this extremely nice and civil forum (I like it a lot) but anyway I always follow you, every night after work.
Yesterday I made a visit to the museum of Trento (MUSE) - project by Renzo Piano - now I have to find the time to fix the photos and upload them ... I can not wait ...

lorenza ( by beautiful italy without governmente)

)

41 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

There are lots of short cuts mostly invented by people using smartphones to save time while texting. I don't understand many of them but IMO seems to be In My Opinion

Redsnapper is quicker off the mark!

Actually many of these abbreviations go way back before mobile phones became common, never mind smartphones - back to  the early days of the Internet, before the World Wide Web was invented, internet pioneers (often in academia) used simple text terminals on Usenet newsgroups and email. 

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Actually many of these abbreviations go way back before mobile phones became common, never mind smartphones - back to  the early days of the Internet, before the World Wide Web was invented, internet pioneers (often in academia) used simple text terminals on Usenet newsgroups and email. 

Back in the days of slow dial-up connections.

There's also IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

IMO (International Maritime Organization) is also a unique reference for merchant ships, for instance: IMO as the prefix followed by a unique seven digit number.  It's essentially a ship identification number.

Archived