Stock photography - how (not) to get rich quickly (video)

And one of my questions has been answered. Every now and then Alamy says they want "American looking" people doing something. I think Vic has nailed the look -- a backwards baseball cap and a Hawaiian shirt.

Paulette

7 minutes ago, NYCat said:

And one of my questions has been answered. Every now and then Alamy says they want "American looking" people doing something. I think Vic has nailed the look -- a backwards baseball cap and a Hawaiian shirt.

Paulette

Don't forget the big white sneakers. :D

On 2/21/2018 at 17:51, John Mitchell said:

After watching the video, I think that I finally understand what "lifestyle" images are, which alone was worth the price of admission.

Also, I really liked the gentleman's accent. B)

Thank you John,
I am glad it was useful, and sorry for my Scottish accent :-)

On 2/21/2018 at 18:31, NYCat said:

Paulette

Ahahah,
I didn't even had a cap, I had to go to buy one for this video.
Paulette, if you are interested I could model for you
:-)

6 minutes ago, Justin Case said:

Ahahah,
I didn't even had a cap, I had to go to buy one for this video.
Paulette, if you are interested I could model for you
:-)

Vittorio, you're a riot. Have a greenie.

On 2/23/2018 at 08:51, John Richmond said:

Amusing video with more than a grain of truth.  Thanks for creating and posting.  

"The best way to make a small fortune is to start with a large one."  Richmond family saying that certainly seems to apply to stock photography. ;)

Thank you John,
ahaha, musicians say something similar:
If you want to become millionaire playing jazz, you have to start as a billionaire  

4 minutes ago, Justin Case said:

Thank you,
even though I don't know what a greenie is

Greenie tastes better than a brownie :D 

A greenie is one of those green arrows that will make your reputation rise on Alamy. See you have 27 right now?

It's only an ego-inflating thing, lots of people don't care. My greenie was just a small mark of appreciation of your humour from my part.

Gen

Archived