Have you found any Alamy images Feb 2018

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Sun online, weather pix, 5th Feb 18

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5494036/uk-weather-forecast-snow-britain-this-week-temperatures-latest/

And this, can't find, I suspect currently hiding somewhere between Live News drop out and full image search ...

nintchdbpict000382861176.jpg?strip=all&w

Can't find the image just yet - I think you're right that it's not yet to be found in regular stock. The contributor is jamesjagger / StockimoNews, who seems to have spent all winter scrawling on his car windscreen (he has many similar images, along with an inventive vocabulary)...and why not! :D

29 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Can't find the image just yet - I think you're right that it's not yet to be found in regular stock. The contributor is jamesjagger / StockimoNews, who seems to have spent all winter scrawling on his car windscreen (he has many similar images, along with an inventive vocabulary)...and why not! :D

Why not? Because it's fabricating news?

05/02/2018 Daily Mail (print)

House of Fraser Department Store entrance. DMK949 Justin Kase

Recycling box filled with clear plastic containers. JBB3AW Elena Elisseeva

Guinea Pig on a white background. CF6BEP Vasily Kovalev

Found in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/05/what-saviour-london-pigeons-taught-me-about-problem-with-plastic

pigeon close up white pigeon city pigeons Stock Photo

Photograph of a pigeon close up white pigeon city pigeons

Photographer: Dmitry Ilyshev / Alamy Stock Photo. Found by Adie

Image ID: HGEHNM

34 minutes ago, Russell said:

Daily Telegraph 05/02/18 (Print)

saturday-12th-september-2015-staithes-no

Really hard to find this one. Just two keywords, neither of which were lobster!

Alan Dawson News / Alamy Stock Photo

Thanks for spotting that one, Russell. One of many of my news images with minimalistic tagging. Plenty

of information in the caption, including the word Lobster.

Joe

4 hours ago, vpics said:

Why not? Because it's fabricating news?

:unsure: Well, what's news? In print days, there were many different newspapers who would all interpret one piece of information in a dozen different ways. Likewise, with the information they regarded as news. The same applies today with different media. Different cultures, societies, individuals all want to read and view vastly different types of information. And the media believe they know their market very well and decide what to show them. If they have found, through experience, that their 'readership' responds well to a certain type of image (in this case, matching current weather conditions with humour), then that is what they will seek out and license. 

The contributor has cottoned on to this and continues to supply something which is in demand. Personally, I don't blame him. 

In the UK, at least, we're pretty obsessed with the weather - probably because we get so few extremes, it becomes a fascination. The Express, in particular, is known for it. Alamy sells multiple images of sunrises/sunsets via live news, along with birds flying over piers and deer in woodland. Is that 'news'?  I don't think so, but everyone has a point of view. Last I knew, those things were far from unusual.

I don't doubt that the contributor concerned in this instance has taken these images on the day when these conditions occurred and uploaded them promptly with different text each time. He hasn't lied about anything. The frost was there, be has chosen to place what is clearly his own interpretation of that. No-one is being fooled! 

To be honest, I've taken a couple of similar images. Personally, I would never have submitted them as Live News, but if they are going to be accepted as such, then I may well start to join in the game...

Times 6th

DXA9K4   Mira  Women doing yoga, Negril, Jamaica

M25BCA  Hastings, East Sussex, UK. 5th Feb 2018. UK weather. Traffic turning to avoid slippery conditions on West Hill, with traffic gridlocked following an earlier accident in the snow further down the hill Credit: Carolyn Clarke/Alamy Live News

A9Y5HR   Paul Mellin   Driving Theory Test Certificate

KTNY85     Oxford Street. London, UK. 28th Dec, 2017. Aerial view of shoppers on Oxford Street on a dry and sunny day in the capital. Credit: Dinendra Haria/Alamy Live News

EKRAD8  Maurice Savage   An NHS South Central Ambulance Service ambulance on an emergency call in Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK

EAF7GH  Philip Game    Everest (Qomolangma) Base Camp at 5200 metres, Tibet, China

Scottish Edition

EF3PM6 Stephen Finn  Exterior of Montrose Royal Infirmary Scotland January 2015

Business

JF3WW8   Gordon Bell   Gare St Jean railway station in Bordeaux

CP016T blickwinkel/McPHOTO/SHU  Rockhopper Penguin (Eudyptes chrysocome), portrait

On 02/02/2018 at 16:23, York Photographer said:

Alamy Photograph in Decanter

http://www.decanter.com/premium/depth-priorat-great-reds-try-andrew-jefford-383256/

Photographer Ian Fraser

Found by Rob Cook

Thanks for this.

Interestingly the image was only zoomed on the 2nd February, the same day it was used in Decanter and also reported by you.That's speedy!

Hope it appears as a sale soon....

16 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Thanks for this.

Interestingly the image was only zoomed on the 2nd February, the same day it was used in Decanter and also reported by you.That's speedy!

Hope it appears as a sale soon....

No Probs, I would be interested to know what Decanter pay for that, as they use quite a few

Posted by Rob Cook

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/16303-rtkl-olympischen-winterspiele-reiseziele-suedkorea-jejudo-eine-insel-fuer-verliebte-und
Reiseziele in Südkorea: Jejudo - eine Insel für Verliebte und Outdoorfans
Destinations in South Korea: Jejudo - an island for lovers and outdoor fans

Republic of Korea, Jeju Island, Jeongbang Falls, falling from a 23 metre coastal cliff

HPRN8N Mauritius images / Manfred Gottschalk / Alamy RM

Guardian Online  06/02/18

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/06/british-justice-collapse-moj-prisons-probation-legal-aid-lord-chancellor-charles-falconer
ACEF89     Paul Doyle / Photofusion Picture Library     Inmate in cell looking depressed Portland Young Offenders Institution Dorset UK
https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2018/feb/05/has-stagecoach-paid-the-price-for-east-coast-mainline-hardly
J87H91   Washington Imaging     Virgin Intercity 225 express train crosses Durham rail viaduct, England, UK

06/02/2018, UK, Guardian, p19, birds at Martin Mere Nature Reserve, M25CW0, MediaWorldImages [credited to Alamy Live News]
06/02/2018, UK, Guardian G2 , p11, Peter Davison & Carol Drinkwater, GGFAFE, United Archives GmbH [Cutout. Alamy credit only]

05/02/2018, UK, London Evening Standard, p47, Northumberland Place in Bath, C786MM, Ian G Dagnall [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
05/02/2018, UK, London Evening Standard, p50, Rambler on Wye Downs, G363K9, parkerphotography [No credit - poss not via Alamy]

16 hours ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Guardian Online  06/02/18

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2018/feb/05/has-stagecoach-paid-the-price-for-east-coast-mainline-hardly
J87H91   Washington Imaging     Virgin Intercity 225 express train crosses Durham rail viaduct, England, UK

Thanks for the spot Nigel, very welcome as no sales registered so far this month!

Cheers Carolyn!

Times 7th

D1FXD7  Nick Sinclair    Secondary high school pupil boys playing chess in School library, education, learning, London, UK

F6193J   Joshua Rainey  Superfood salad with raw kale, quinoa, blueberries, and barley is perfect for the paleo diet for weight loss

E7GT5W  Antonio Garcia Recena   Mother hugs lovely child daughter in poppies field wth sunet sunlight and flare effect

Scottish Edition

CPP52Y    AMELIE-BENOIST / BSIP  HOME FOR THE AGED

Irish Edition

Close up of man vaping - can't find it

H3AKGC  Jon Sparks Car passing group of female cyclists on road near Hesketh Bank in West Lancashire England UK

Archived