Have you found any Alamy images Feb 2018

1 hour ago, MandyD said:

I just laugh, because we call this a Tuesday here.

You get this weather every year though and worse. We get this much snow once every 15-20 years. We therefore don't plan for it and it becomes big news. I'd imagine Calgary, being near the mountains, gets a lot of snow. I have relatives in Edmonton and I know they do. :)

6 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

You get this weather every year though and worse. We get this much snow once every 15-20 years. We therefore don't plan for it and it becomes big news. I'd imagine Calgary, being near the mountains, gets a lot of snow. I have relatives in Edmonton and I know they do. :)

It's not too bad here....I grew up in Saskatchewan, so this seems mild, but yes...we are sadly use to it. If a heat wave came through I will toast in 10 minutes. :D I was in Rome in December and it was +2 one morning....I enjoyed all the parkas while I was in my light fall jacket. 

8 hours ago, losdemas said:

??? Where did you get the text in the link, then?! ;):)

I got my clues from the webpage: "Edinburgh airport workers de-ice the wings of an Easyjet aeroplane following icy blasts from the East"

I got the text from Alamy Live News after putting 'Airport' into the search box and trawling through about a 100 images to find it. I wasn't reading the webpage at the time just looking at the slideshow which didn't have any caption, so no clues. Anyway found it in the end!

25 minutes ago, Lynne said:

I got the text from Alamy Live News after putting 'Airport' into the search box and trawling through about a 100 images to find it. I wasn't reading the webpage at the time just looking at the slideshow which didn't have any caption, so no clues. Anyway found it in the end!

All's well that ends well! Well done for your sterling efforts -probably better than being out in the wind and snow! ;) :)

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

M642MY    Brighton. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: Members of Brighton Swimming Club enjoy their daily dip in icy conditions this morning after another overnight fall of snow . The temperature of the sea was measured at only just over four degrees and in some parts of the country the air temperature is expected to be as low as eleven degrees with more snow and cold weather predicted for the rest of the week Credit: Simon Dack/Alamy Live News

Thanks for spotting this one Bryan

Simon

Hi all,

I made my first sale on Feb. 27 - Tiger Woods at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego. I did a google search but could not locate where the image was used. Any help would be appreciated since I'm so curious as to where it has been used. Here's the image:

san-diego-usa-25th-january-2018-tiger-woods-tees-off-during-the-farmers-M1397W.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/02/2018 at 18:36, Lynne said:

Just been notified of my first Alamy Live News sale in the Sun on 28th February, funny as I almost felt it was a waste of time, as the photo is of Southport Beach, but no one was around, so I thought that won't sell! I literally stopped took a photo and carried on driving

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5680600/met-office-uk-weather-warning-beast-east-train-cancellations-tomorrow/

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2018 at 09:04, York Photographer said:

No Probs, I would be interested to know what Decanter pay for that, as they use quite a few

Posted by Rob Cook

Still waiting for this Decanter sale to show on our account. Over 3 months now since it was used!

6 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Still waiting for this Decanter sale to show on our account. Over 3 months now since it was used!

Contact alamy to 'nudge' them.

I had to contact Alamy re a Country Living use reported on the Dec thread, they told me there is a reported download, but I haven't heard yet re payment.

On 07/05/2018 at 20:28, Cryptoprocta said:

Contact alamy to 'nudge' them.

I had to contact Alamy re a Country Living use reported on the Dec thread, they told me there is a reported download, but I haven't heard yet re payment.

‘Nudged’ two weeks ago, still no report of the sale......

On 5/14/2018 at 07:10, spacecadet said:

It's unlikely to appear until the end of the month.

Or, as I have been told, the account handlers are back from their holidays!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2018 at 13:41, Thyrsis said:

Finally after 4 months the sale has been reported.

Magazine and online use.........$8.59 so we get $4.30.

I could weep!

Archived