It appears Ian was having a bad month or something.  He had issues here, he had issues on the forum at another agency, and I noticed he was starting to pick a fight on a Photoshelter forum.  Hope he's doing well and is at least relaxing a little bit.  Looked to me like he needed to take a breather.

No point picking a fight (which I truly don't believe Ian EVER did - photoshelter is a not "europeanized" enough IMHO, and a bit too full of fanboys until the recent BEAM debacle) in the photoshelter forum as most people have given up on it as a forum - and have given up on Photoshelter as a sales outlet also for stock.

And I say that openly and transparently as an individual who's major private sales outlet is PShelter. Ian has impressed me in his PS comments as he uses it primarily as back-up and FTP source - and has been transparent about that.

Cant say I miss him. In fact, since he is gone, I have not run into any arguments myself. I think the forum is a lot more at peace then before. 

Edit: A minus for just giving my opinion and stating a fact? Wow, and here I was thinking the forum was ok again. 

Last post I saw from Ian was about posts of his being removed by Alamy.  I posted in reply and my posts were removed.  Those that have read my ramblings will know that I'm far from confrontational in my postings. My post consisted of the words "He's got a point...." in reply to Ian's comments.  I posted two more times regarding my upset at this and those post were removed.  I only post this now as I believe it likely that this [post/thread] unlikely to be removed till tomorrow morning.

Last post I saw from Ian was about posts of his being removed by Alamy.  I posted in reply and my posts were removed.  Those that have read my ramblings will know that I'm far from confrontational in my postings. My post consisted of the words "He's got a point...." in reply to Ian's comments.  I posted two more times regarding my upset at this and those post were removed.  I only post this now as I believe it likely that this [post/thread] unlikely to be removed till tomorrow morning.

Alamy is probably doing the right thing. It's not a good idea to have threads about individual contributors IMO.

Cant say I miss him. In fact, since he is gone, I have not run into any arguments myself. I think the forum is a lot more at peace then before.

Edit: A minus for just giving my opinion and stating a fact? Wow, and here I was thinking the forum was ok again.

No point picking a fight (which I truly don't believe Ian EVER did - photoshelter is a not "europeanized" enough IMHO, and a bit too full of fanboys until the recent BEAM debacle) in the photoshelter forum as most people have given up on it as a forum - and have given up on Photoshelter as a sales outlet also for stock.

And I say that openly and transparently as an individual who's major private sales outlet is PShelter. Ian has impressed me in his PS comments as he uses it primarily as back-up and FTP source - and has been transparent about that.

Ian is still very active at PS, thankfully, so it appears he has not totally given up on PS  . . .  me neither I must admit, especially as my PS sales over the past 12 months are second only to my Getty sales for the same period.

dd

Hi Losdemas - when we removed your posts, we also sent you a private message to explain why. If you check your pm folder, you should still see it in there. As we had deleted Ian's posts (for reasons we won't go into) your replies were left just sitting there, and without Ian's posts being visible, they didn't make any sense so they were also removed.

Ian is no longer a member of this forum.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Cheers

James A

Alamy

Archived