Why does it continue to be difficult to sign in to the Forum?

Today I had to go over and over signing in and getting an error message, sometimes having to choose vehicles, fire hydrants, failing and failing. Then I decided to just read it without signing in and discovered that I was signed in. We have been having problems for a very long time. Why is it not fixed? I'm feeling cranky now.

Paulette

No problems today, but have experienced occasional intermittent problems recently either trying to log into Alamy, or have got Alamy error messages when already logged in but trying to access, for example, the dashboard page. Am using Windows and Chrome.

I've had a lot of problems signing in today. Then when I was in, sometimes, if I swapped between forums it kicked me out!

I gave up at one point. Seems to be working now.

John.

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Today I had to go over and over signing in and getting an error message, sometimes having to choose vehicles, fire hydrants, failing and failing. Then I decided to just read it without signing in and discovered that I was signed in. We have been having problems for a very long time. Why is it not fixed? I'm feeling cranky now.

Paulette

I've had problems for months.  For a while it seemed as though I could only stay on the Forum for a set amount of time and it would kick me off, and no amount of signing in could get me restored.  Also, sometimes using Safari I can't sign in but using Firefox, I can.  It does get tiresome.

Rick 

I rarely have any issues signing in.  Only once in awhile (and only on mobile devices) do I have to do "the pick the images with ----- game".  Sometimes on the desktop I'll click on a thread and I"ll be signed out.  I'll try to sign in, but it won't let me. Go back, choose another thread and its fine.  Then I choose the original thread that kicked me out and I'm fine.

So there is some issue with the sign in.  Minor for me, but seems to torture others.  Could be browser or OS.  I use a PC with Chrome. Also use Chrome on my Samsung tablet.

Jill

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am having to sign in to the forums using the "find the cars" or "find the store fronts" etc etc at least twice before being allowed in and it is BLOODY ANNOYING.

Allan

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am having to sign in to the forums using the "find the cars" or "find the store fronts" etc etc at least twice before being allowed in and it is BLOODY ANNOYING.

Allan

I agree! I too use FireFox.

I find that if I refresh the login page (sometimes twice) without playing the reCaptcha games it usually lets me in.

6 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

I agree! I too use FireFox.

I find that if I refresh the login page (sometimes twice) without playing the reCaptcha games it usually lets me in.

I am using Safari and it was OK until about a month ago, maybe 6 or 7 weeks even.

Allan

I was half way in answering this thread and the site rolled over and ask me to sign in again.  I did so and refreshed the site and found out I was signed out! As I probably will after this posting. 

Its impressive eh? 

Archived