Be happy, they probably did not know that they do not have to pay for the last 800++ years, while copyright runs out 70 years after one passed away. 

The license for somewhere between 100 or 200 years may have given you (much) less revenue ;) 

1 hour ago, Phil Robinson said:

I've had a sale reported - reasonable price but:

Start: 15 November 2017
End: 15 November 3017

I'm not sure I agree with Alamy selling 1000 year licenses. Or is it just me?

:lol: Some people are just sooo picky! :P:lol:

10 minutes ago, Kukkudrill said:

I've had one of those too. I too thought it was a typo at first but then I figured it's just a way of representing an unlimited term licence. 

Isn't "in perpetuity" the term that is generally used to indicate unlimited duration?

Perhaps these 1000-year images are going to be put in a time capsule that will be opened by Klingons in 3017? B)

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Isn't "in perpetuity" the term that is generally used to indicate unlimited duration?

Maybe there's been a software upgrade in which they forgot to cater for unlimited duration, so they're using 1000-year licences as a workaround  :unsure:

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

It all lasted for 6 years the last time someone tried to do something like 1000 years...

Don't Mention The War!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

How do you put that into a numeric field in a database?

Depends on the database/programming language. e.g. Cobol (not used much now) has the concept of "high values" others use sufficient 9s to fill the field depending on whether it's an integer or floating point field.

Archived