• Phil Crean's Carnival feet BHRP6F
    • Olivier Parent's Ice cubes
    • Michael Ventura's Mountain Bike B2EXCY
    • Doc's Monks EGC7A2
    • GS Images' Swimmers E23901
    • vpics' Hula Hoops E7JC6N
    • Martin Wilson's Finish Line E7AE03

Hi Everyone

I am finishing the December Challenge a bit early this month as I won't have much time for the next few days. Thanks to everyone who posted their images. As is always the case there were some excellent shots and getting down to eight means rejecting a few really good shots. The final eight are

1. Arterra's Fun Fair

excited-thrillseekers-thrill-seekers-hav

2. Phil Crean's Carnival feet

vibrant-colours-and-movement-convey-the-

3. Olivier Parent's Ice cubes

CHARTREUSE-1.jpg

4. Michael Ventura's Mountain Bike

usa-hawaii-molokai-mountain-biking-on-di

5. Doc's Monks

two-buddhist-monks-walking-in-a-colonnad

6. GS Images' Swimmers

2-swimmers-nearing-the-end-of-the-river-

7. vpics' Hula Hoops

aircraft-circus-presents-twilight-circus

8. Martin Wilson's Finish Line

boy-winning-schoole-sports-race-finishin

Thanks once again to everyone who entered to keep this challenge going. 

Bottoms up

Colin

Edited to add that the votes will close at the end of the 7th January, when the winner will set the topic for the January Challenge.

Oh no, I like them all - voting is going to be very tough...

edit:   okay, I voted, but really wish I could have voted for at least 3 of them....

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016, Alamy Challenge Family!

I don't generally comment on these competitions but feel compelled to so this month. What an amazing set of pictures here depicting motion and very hard to choose a favourite. However, I have to go with Doc's Monks because it is almost perfect - what an ethereal image that brilliantly reflects the feeling of the subject matter and beautifully composed as well.

I don't generally comment on these competitions but feel compelled to so this month. What an amazing set of pictures here depicting motion and very hard to choose a favourite. However, I have to go with Doc's Monks because it is almost perfect - what an ethereal image that brilliantly reflects the feeling of the subject matter and beautifully composed as well.

Thanks MDM - praise a fellow contributor always worth a lot!

Kumar

And we have a winner. Arterra's great shot of people on the fun fair ride scooped in the most votes so now it's over to Philippe for the next theme. Thanks to all who entered to give us a really strong set of images, with a final eight that were really knockout.

Amazing set of images - got to be one of the toughest choices so far. I was a bit confused by the Ice Cubes image though... what is it?

"THE ONLY LIQUOR SO GOOD THEY NAMED A COLOR AFTER IT", this is what Quentin Tarantino says about Green Chartreuse!

There is also a ZZ Top song you may have heard named "CHARTREUSE".

This liquor has been made by monks since 1764, following 150 years of research based on a manuscript containing the recipe for an “elixir of long life” donated to the Vauvert Chartreuse monastery in 1605.

When an ice cube melts into it, both liquids (liquor and water) blend together.

From a distance, it seems that the liquor only becomes turbid, but from a closer point of view, it creates myriads of constantly moving arabesques.

If you want to see more of this, just click Green Chartreuse.

Thanks! Got it now - it was really the moment aspect that I was struggling with. Green Chartreuse I know!

Archived