Is AlamyRank Broken (again)? CTR doesn't add up.

Admittedly, math isn't my best subject....but how can someone have a total CTR of .31 over a 12 month span and an "average" CTR of .00?

Wouldn't the average in my case be the .31 divided by 12 months - or .03 in this case (rounded)?  Somehow the numbers don't seem to add up.

mj1z5h.jpg

I've noticed a similar thing for today's figures, though in my case the Total CTR is 1.26 and average CTR 1.00.  If I was analyzing the code I'd suspect a ROUND function had been introduced, either by accident or design, and it's rounding down anything below the .5 level to the next lowest whole number.  Anyone have a CTR between x.51 and x.99 to see if it's rounding up?

Well, curiously, and somewhat oddly, my total CTR is 0.53, Average is 1 and I have an email from Alamy today saying that I'm "Trending on Alamy" and my CTR is in the top 10%. I have absolutely no idea how they managed to work that one out!

Paul

Well, curiously, and somewhat oddly, my total CTR is 0.53, Average is 1 and I have an email from Alamy today saying that I'm "Trending on Alamy" and my CTR is in the top 10%. I have absolutely no idea how they managed to work that one out!

Paul

I've had one of those emails as well.  I assume it's more to do with the running monthly average CTR on the Pseudonym Summary screen.  I've had a few zooms recently, two more dropped in this morning and it's pushed the average on that screen to 2.54.  It'll go down again.

As for the Average CTR counter that's an average of the individual averages of all your pseudonyms.  If you only have one it should be exactly the same as the Total CTR.  Looks like someone has set the calculation to zero decimal points - hence the rounding up or down - but left the display at two decimal points.

Paul

I've had one of those emails as well.  I assume it's more to do with the running monthly average CTR on the Pseudonym Summary screen.  I've had a few zooms recently, two more dropped in this morning and it's pushed the average on that screen to 2.54.  It'll go down again.

As for the Average CTR counter that's an average of the individual averages of all your pseudonyms.  If you only have one it should be exactly the same as the Total CTR.  Looks like someone has set the calculation to zero decimal points - hence the rounding up or down - but left the display at two decimal points.

That makes sense....so my average CTR should be the same as my Total CTR since I only have one pseudo.  Hopefully it's just a display error.

No trending e-mail for me...   :(

I had many more zooms -- but not sales -- than usual last month, so I imagine that's why I got the e-mail. Sales seem to be picking up now, which is a good thing because, while I'm happy to be "trending," I would much rather be leasing. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the graphs posted what i find strange is the "last months CTR of 53%" are all the same, as is mine, 53%?

Have to say I don't understand CTR, especially when an hour ago it was 0.09 and now its saying .27?

Looking at the graphs posted what i find strange is the "last months CTR of 53%" are all the same, as is mine, 53%?

Have to say I don't understand CTR, especially when an hour ago it was 0.09 and now its saying .27?

That is the average CTR for all of Alamy .

That is the average CTR for all of Alamy .

oh yeah doh! thanks, but what is a good CTR then in general, or does it really matter?

Archived