How were your sales in September 2014?

Views and zooms are both noticeably lower. Hope sales won't follow the trend.  :blink:

+1

Regards

Craig

I get the feeling that the downturn in views/zooms is more to do with someone playing with buttons in Alamy HQ rather than any dramatic change in customer-led actions, as these tend to be slower long-term processes?  Wait a few more months to see if the downturn affects sales.

Alamy might comment if they have been making changes to Measures and how they interpret activity. I guess they would not want to comment if the downturn in views/zooms is real - that would be commercially very sensitive and they would be worrying about how to turn it round.

Hello, I am new here and happy that I have my first sale on September. 

I joined Alamy in 2010 but only one month ago or so I started to upload photos. 

All the best for all !

Good shots, congrats. on your sale Cristim.

er...not too sure about the caption "old Italian man with suspenders", I would change that for "braces" in case people get the wrong idea, could be wrong though ;-)

All the best for all !

er...not too sure about the caption "old Italian man with suspenders", I would change that for "braces" in case people get the wrong idea, could be wrong though ;-)

Looks to me like suspenders. Another one of those cross-Atlantic misunderstandings, I suppose. I wonder what you think suspenders are? Sounds interesting.

Paulette

Ha!  And here I thought suspenders were things that only old men wore. 

And as for sales, none in Sept.

Not if a certain lumberjack is correct:

"I cut down trees. I wear high heels,

Suspendies, and a bra.

I wish I'd been a girlie,

Just like my dear Papa"

"Belt and Braces" in this part of the world, not many of us (admit to) wearing "suspendies and a bra" . . . .

dd

All the best for all !

Well, I'll let him in first picture with suspenders and in the second one with braces :)

Thank you.

September - 86 sales for $4410 total - declining throughout the year. Don't know what is going on with Alamy but every month is getting worse and October looks tragic. Both volume and ppi are dropping dramatically. 

Richard Ellis
editorial: richardellisphotographer.com
workshops: charlestonworkshops.com
139 Spring St
Charleston, SC 29403
843-814-6001

All the best for all !

Well, I'll let him in first picture with suspenders and in the second one with braces :)

Thank you.

Be sure to put both in the keywords. This difference between English words and (American) English words is endlessly confusing. We need to use both in keywords.

Paulette

Archived