Thank you Team Alamy!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Textbook - print and e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 12 September 2014
End: 12 September 2019
Rights granted for the life of the product for supplementary educational publications and materials. Electronic editions of the products also included.

Series/Title: Winning At Work Readiness / Step By Step Guide to Innovating At School Work

Why is this such a big deal? I for one am not in this game for the ego, I'm in it for the fees paid to me. Don't care where, only if.

And as for Alamy "doing some keywording" because they take 50% . . . yeah, there are precedents . . . like G* for example . . . they keyword . . . and they take >70% for themselves . . . and they ask contributors to not contact them with queries about an unassessed submission until 60 days have elapsed . . .

If Alamy were ever so silly to emulate all that, my activity re: submissions to Alamy would add one more definition to Marcos' "scarcity" thread

dd

Why is this such a big deal? I for one am not in this game for the ego, I'm in it for the fees paid to me. Don't care where, only if.

I for one would welcome more license details especially when it comes to textbook publishers- They are notorious for overusing, reusing, sharing between multiple publications, etc. while carefully avoiding any future/additional fees for those uses...

They seem to hide behind that fact that it's virtually impossible to track these uses. I have found a few such cases, and can only wonder about the 100's I haven't been able to track down.

-Jason

Not only texbooks :)

From July:

Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses
Media: Corporate website, single design
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 29 July 2014
End: 29 July 2019
Multiple use on the Lufthansa Travelguide website, worldwide for 10 years.

.. notorious for overusing, reusing, sharing between multiple publications, etc. while carefully avoiding any future/additional fees for those uses ..

I think this every time I see a new sale. For every one seemingly legit, I fear there's a another that is not being reported, re-licensed nor paid.

And Lisa - 3250 for your reputation is surely a record!

Richard.

In view of this change, could I propose a forum ban on publishing the full license details on posts?  It has always annoyed me to see posts with the full license details AND the sale value.  How do forum members feel about Alamy removing posts which include full license details, sale value and now the client details?

Maurice

PS Probably needs a new topic/poll but wanted to raise it here first.

In view of this change, could I propose a forum ban on publishing the full license details on posts?  It has always annoyed me to see posts with the full license details AND the sale value.  How do forum members feel about Alamy removing posts which include full license details, sale value and now the client details?

Maurice

PS Probably needs a new topic/poll but wanted to raise it here first.

+1

(but got a LOT of flak once for proposing the same)

wim

"Why is this such a big deal? I for one am not in this game for the ego, I'm in it for the fees paid to me. Don't care where, only if."

Because if you know where then you will see how it has been used and can probably hazard a guess as to why it was used, which may enable you to improve your portfolio in that area. Once you know where and how then it is easier to judge if the fee received is appropriate.

However posting detailed sales information on an open forum is, in my opinion, commercial madness and clearly the province of the egotistical amateur.

Regen

"Why is this such a big deal? I for one am not in this game for the ego, I'm in it for the fees paid to me. Don't care where, only if."

Because if you know where then you will see how it has been used and can probably hazard a guess as to why it was used, which may enable you to improve your portfolio in that area. Once you know where and how then it is easier to judge if the fee received is appropriate.

However posting detailed sales information on an open forum is, in my opinion, commercial madness and clearly the province of the egotistical amateur.

Regen

If I really need to see how images are used I need only look at the "found" thread: dozens upon dozens of examples posted daily by the good folk there . . . much much much more data than waiting to see where only my images are used.

And as for it being "easier to judge if the fee received is appropriate" . . . to what end? Start a thread whinging about low fees or celebrating high ones? No thanks, I think the former at least is, to borrow your most apt phrase, commercial madness.

I do agree with you on the folly of posting detailed info though :-)

dd

Archived