April Challenge - Abstract/Minimalism

Sheila I think you are going to have quite a job on your hands selecting the finalists looking at the foregoing.

Would it not have been easier on yourself to have had either abstract OR minimalism?

They are two different subjects after all. Arn't they?

Allan

A concerned friend.

Some stunning images here, this will indeed be tough to judge.

I like to go through my back catalogue to see what I have - and I do love abstracts.

However, one thing I could use more of, is inspiration.  If everyone needed to produce new images, that may kick my butt into gear.  It would also level the playing field for those with smaller collections.  On the down side, people in the sin bin may not be able to play.  Just a thought.

I've attached my Alamy captions, and used the Alamy images so we're all working from the same image size.

Colorful side of abandoned truck in forest looking like sunset on a blue lake through the trees:

C260HP.jpg

Blue sand ripples with clouds reflected in water (at Singing Sands Provincial park, Bruce peninsula, Ontario, Canada):

A2R1N1.jpg

Abstract vertical shapes in green and red (water glass):

AC2R34.jpg

My entries:

Dead tree in silouette (the sky colour was natural)

CMN8CC.jpg

Side detail of a vintage Vauxhall car (if someone can tell me the model I would appreciate it, CWGD55 is the same car from a different viewpoint)

CWGD3Y.jpg

Close up of a giant molecular model of diamond:

CWE03T.jpg

Sheila I think you are going to have quite a job on your hands selecting the finalists looking at the foregoing.

Would it not have been easier on yourself to have had either abstract OR minimalism?

They are two different subjects after all. Arn't they?

Allan

A concerned friend.

It's fine Allan.  A couple of years back, I was part of the jury of a photo comp based in California and I had to mark a score out of 5, of about 1,000 images.  Hopefully it won't come to that on Alamy.

Sheila

Side detail of a vintage Vauxhall car (if someone can tell me the model I would appreciate it, CWGD55 is the same car from a different viewpoint)

CWGD3Y.jpg

I'm no expert but CWGD55 looks like a Vauxhall Victor FA to me. For example see http://www.simoncars.co.uk/vauxhall/victorfa.html

Thats what it is 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Victor

Here's mine.

BE2RB5.jpg

White ball/marble on black background

DXHDPM.jpg

Backlit twin magnifying glass

D8PTNT.jpg

Yellow flower of creeping buttercup on black background

Allan

wedding-photography-york.jpg

I have a feeling that I have seen this image somewhere recently but can't place where?

Allan

I used it the Photocrowd circles comp (along with a few other people with images of the same thing!)

Hmmm! Not there, I think it was in a magazine but possibly not your image.

Allan

wedding-photography-york.jpg

I have a feeling that I have seen this image somewhere recently but can't place where?

Allan

I used it the Photocrowd circles comp (along with a few other people with images of the same thing!)

Hmmm! Not there, I think it was in a magazine but possibly not your image.

Allan

Don't think it was mine (although I'd be happy to see it show up as a sale!), Its almost obligatory for any photographer passing through Birmingham, to shoot something similar!

Ann, I was curious about this interesting image so I searched for it and it doesn't come up for me. Not under the Alamy number or if I do an Advanced Search and look at your new images. It must be new with that "E". The only other time that happened to me was one of the images on the Search page that turned out to be deliberately kept out of the USA. That can't be the case for your image as you are here and have obviously been able to see it.

Paulette

Archived