Images licensed May 2024

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/BM56FX/native-american-tied-prayer-cloths-and-tobacco-offerings-hanging-from-BM56FX.jpg

Native American tied prayer cloths and tobacco offerings hanging from a tree at Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming.

You may have seen that mountain in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which was filmed here in 1977.

{bes' c'' aes' aes ees'2}

Worldwide - iQ sale - editorial print + digital use - inside - one time use only - duration: unlimited - mid $$

First time license for this image from 2009.

wim

One of my all-time favorite movie’s, wim. In the theater, when the mother ship came overhead, I slid down in my seat looking up like it was hovering over me.

In the movie, “The Deep” (way years ago) there was a scene in an underwater cave where someone was running out of air. There was a pocket of air at the top of the cave that the person (people? I forget) were breathing. My family caught me with my face turned up sipping air. I remember feeling desperate for oxygen.

• Love 2

Three magazine licences in this morning each covering the visit of the Canadian airworthy Lancaster to join the UK's for a few events in the summer of 2014:

lancaster-bombers-for-the-first-time-since-the-1950s-two-avro-lancasters-together-on-the-ground-in-the-uk-british-and-canadian-lancaster-planes-2H70M13.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Avpics said:

And now five in total, going into three figures gross.

lancaster-bombers-for-the-first-time-since-the-1950s-two-avro-lancasters-E64HWN.jpg

Great image, looks like you were on the runway.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Great image, looks like you were on the runway.

Thank you Steve. It was taken from the top of an open top bus positioned on a taxiway for the 'meeja'.

• Love 1

Dallam Tower, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Dallam Tower, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage:
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 17 May 2024
End: 17 May 2026

$$
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Managua skyline, lake, and hills.   High $ :)

2HHKKF2.jpg

Crowne Plaza Hotel beyond the trees.  

That looks familiar. I've actually stayed in that strange pyramid shaped hotel (Inter-Continental, I believe). I guess you know that Howard Hughes used to hang out in the penthouse seen in your picture. I talked a security into taking me up there in 1998. It was a total mess. The hotel has quite a history.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a long awaited improvement in pricing. Near mid $$.

Usage: Standard, Standard License for 1 user only. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, and print runs up to 100,000. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.
Start: 17 May 2024
Duration: In perpetuity

exterior-of-christies-london-auction-house-in-king-street-london-england-uk-2HMNF8T.jpg

Edited by Dave Richards
added text
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

That looks familiar. I've actually stayed in that strange pyramid shaped hotel (Inter-Continental, I believe). I guess you know that Howard Hughes used to hang out in the penthouse seen in your picture. I talked a security into taking me up there in 1998. It was a total mess. The hotel has quite a history.

Yeah, it was spook and lazy journalists central under that name.   Name has changed.  I don't know anyone who's stayed there in recent years.    A military base and a couple  of gay bars are fairly close. 

24 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Yeah, it was spook and lazy journalists central under that name.   Name has changed.  I don't know anyone who's stayed there in recent years.    A military base and a couple  of gay bars are fairly close. 

I actually didn't stay there in 1998. It was too expensive. However, I used to drop by for the very good all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. I did stay at the hotel in 2010 as a guest of the Nica tourism folks. That was in my 'lazy journalist' days. As I recall, my room had great views of old Managua, but the AC was so icy cold that my camera fogged up, and I couldn't take any pics all day. 🧊

6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I actually didn't stay there in 1998. It was too expensive. However, I used to drop by for the very good all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. I did stay at the hotel in 2010 as a guest of the Nica tourism folks. That was in my 'lazy journalist' days. As I recall, my room had great views of old Managua, but the AC was so icy cold that my camera fogged up, and I couldn't take any pics all day. 🧊

The Contra era was the lazy journalist days when people filed whatever the US embassy gave them and didn't go out and interview any range of people.  

Plaque commemorating Donald Campbell. Glenridding, Ullswater, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom. 

Plaque commemorating Donald Campbell. Glenridding, Ullswater, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 April 2024
Duration: In perpetuity Czech Republic,Editorial website.

Image sold twice on same day, same terms, same derisory fee. Low $.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

German TV use for near mid $$.  The National Rifle Association HQ in Virginia

nra-national-rifle-association-headquart

Are those windows bullet proof? 

• Like 1

After my moan on another thread yesterday I got a very rare $$$ popping in! (for TV editorial) Not going to post the pic however as too easily duplicated ;)

Also over the last fortnight I got three low $$:

Cuban navy sailors enjoying ice creams in Havana

R8P2CX.jpg

RA2Y77.jpg

Ice cream vendor's motorised trike

2CH252F.jpg

Two lowest possible $:

vintage hotel and airline sugar packets

2HC27EF.jpg

2R8RT4A.jpg

and finally a low/mid $$

stained glass window in seville cathedral

2K9XR58.jpg

• Love 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/ED3NM4/amsterdam-the-rembrandt-house-museum-het-rembrandthuis-rembrandt-huis-ED3NM4.jpg

Amsterdam Rembrandt House Museum.

Poland, Book, print and/or e-book 1 page inside. Distro Low $$ (but only just).

10th time for this 2014 image. At an only slightly below average fee.

wim

edit: moved from April

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Let them eat cake.  Italian Cream Cake

RM

mid $$ 

Standard License for 1 user only

In perpetuity

thick-slice-of-italian-cream-cake-on-blu

• Love 3