Is anyone else suffering from disappearing images? I  have uploaded  many images over the last week and they are neither for sale or searchable in my images, is this happening to all of us?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

Is anyone else suffering from disappearing images? I  have uploaded  many images over the last week and they are neither for sale or searchable in my images, is this happening to all of us?  

Yes, I've had the same problem. I think the last time the image database updated was 5 days ago, except for live news images.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Mine aren't yet, except live news.

Maybe approach Alamy direct as I did

23 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

No, but I am suffering from disappearing forum messages ....

My forum access seems to prefer evenings. Same thing happened last time. Cleared cookies, rebooted, and still no access. And yet 6pm and here I am. 

No loss, I can't recall I had anything really useful to share.

Edited by BidC

9 hours ago, Avpics said:

Mine aren't yet, except live news.

Filed a reportage image yesterday as it's on a very topical subject. I've only ever submitted a second set of news images an hour or so later than the main images, never a 'file photo' taken some months before.

I understood (maybe incorrectly) that images submitted as reportage were also supposed to go on sale immediately, but this image is nowhere to be found (except in my 'Image Manager').

May I ask if you have had this same experience, or is this possibly due to the website issues .. (?)

18 minutes ago, BidC said:

May I ask if you have had this same experience, or is this possibly due to the website issues .. (?)

I don't do reportage so can't comment on that, but my Live News images of the Red Bull Soapbox Race on Saturday 22 June are now MIA so not available for licencing, as is the case with stock images that I've uploaded since that date. Oddly I have a batch of Live News images from Sunday 23 June which are showing on the database but that's all. Comparing my forum image count to my portfolio figure indicates that I have nearly 200 images unaccounted for which is very worrying. An email to CR has been forwarded to the IT crew so hopefully they'll find the answer.

Edit: I have one archive image uploaded on 19 June which is in limbo, which being a similar route as reportage might suggest those are also affected.

Edited by Avpics
Archive
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I don't do reportage so can't comment on that, but my Live News images of the Red Bull Soapbox Race on Saturday 22 June are now MIA so not available for licencing, as is the case with stock images that I've uploaded since that date. Oddly I have a batch of Live News images from Sunday 23 June which are showing on the database but that's all. Comparing my forum image count to my portfolio figure indicates that I have nearly 200 images unaccounted for which is very worrying. An email to CR has been forwarded to the IT crew so hopefully they'll find the answer.

MIA (?? missing in action ?? Apt if so !) - apologies for my ignorance !

Thanks for the update!  So, I'm not alone in the situation where images have gone missing ... I've had this before with stock and they've appeared a few days later, but its a bit worrying when these are Live News and Reportage pics where the whole idea is that they are topical and relevant for more immediate use.

My feeling often is that Alamy images come second to those filed by PA (I guess it stands to reason). My experience with Live News is that they are often licensed once they become stock.

Edited by BidC

2 minutes ago, BidC said:

MIA (?? missing in action ?? Apt if so !) - Correct

My feeling often is that Alamy images come second to those filed by PA - Agreed

If you enter 'red bull soapbox race london 2024' into the search box it brings up just four relatively unappealing shots by a PA photographer which have been published. Mine are nowhere, and I'd like to think had a bit more going for them. Hey ho.

I had two batches of images approved on June/19th. Image Manager shows both batches are on sale, but if I search for any of the 4 images from the first batch none appears in the database. Also, Image Manager shows I have a total of 3,479 images on sale, but my profile at the contributor's forum shows only 3,462 images on sale, a difference of 17 images.☹️

Another issue I noticed today is that when I look at yesterday's Pseudonym Summary, there are a few search terms for which I supposedly had views but when I click in the search term link it shows "Sorry, no images were found". Well, if it says I had 1, 2 or "n" views, I would expect to see which images were displayed to the customer!?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avpics said:

If you enter 'red bull soapbox race london 2024' into the search box it brings up just four relatively unappealing shots by a PA photographer which have been published. Mine are nowhere, and I'd like to think had a bit more going for them. Hey ho.

Thats such a shame ! But at least you persevere ! [This evening, putting the keywords into the search box brings up ... nothing. Not even words strung together with %. But, in the morning, all could be different]

2 hours ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

I had two batches of images approved on June/19th. Image Manager shows both batches are on sale, but if I search for any of the 4 images from the first batch none appears in the database. Also, Image Manager shows I have a total of 3,479 images on sale, but my profile at the contributor's forum shows only 3,462 images on sale, a difference of 17 images.☹️

Another issue I noticed today is that when I look at yesterday's Pseudonym Summary, there are a few search terms for which I supposedly had views but when I click in the search term link it shows "Sorry, no images were found". Well, if it says I had 1, 2 or "n" views, I would expect to see which images were displayed to the customer!?

So we are all, to one degree or another, having 'odd' experiences.

3 hours ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

Wim gave a workaround for this problem a few days ago. Just delete the + sign in between words of the search. Hope it works for you, it did the trick for me.

Edited by gvallee

Well...

Seems much better.

All my AIM 'on sale' images appear to be on sale.

CTR has updated today.

Forum image number hasn't updated for a long time, could live with that if it was the only bug!

Edited by Steve F
Sales numbers all look ok now.
  • Like 1

Much better, Steve? It sound like the same mess I've had for a month now.

ALAMY: 

Please please do something about the fact that I and others have had zero control over contributor dealings with Alamy both with Dashboard and Measures for over a month.

AN AFTERTHOUGHT: perhaps the main thing I'm dealing with is my own confusion as to what's going on. I have 6 sales visible on my dashboard and 13 sales I see as sales in measures. But 7 of those are tagged as sales in May. Hmm. As I get older I am not getting smarter.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

AN AFTERTHOUGHT: perhaps the main thing I'm dealing with is my own confusion as to what's going on. I have 6 sales visible on my dashboard and 13 sales I see as sales in measures. But 7 of those are tagged as sales in May. Hmm. As I get older I am not getting smarter.

Ed, I did the same thing and I'm somewhat younger than you, if it makes you feel better.

Sales numbers all appear to tally up now.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from on Monday the database has not only updated for the following day this week, but the pages are also loading much faster which is very positive step.

• Like 1