Sales taking ages to clear

Contemporary Dave

Question

12 answers to this question

If Alamy would drop the system that allows licenses to be paid late, delayed until someone chases them or ignored completely, we'd all be better off. The claim that this some industry standard is outdated. Then there are some who download, use and ask for a refund? Time to move into the 20th Century. Pay like every other business. Either on delivery or on a recorded invoice system, net 30 days.

I am also waiting for sales to clear and to be posted. I have an alert on Google to notify me if my name/ either of my two stock platforms has something come up. Something did on January 10th. This is usually for news items. These tend to be the "sales" that don't get paid.

Having to wait months for clearance and for sales to be posted when they have already been published is crazy in this digital age; it's not like the old days when publications planned four months in advance.

Received this after chasing a late payment.

"Hi Andrew,

Sales have up to 4 months to clear. If these still remain uncleared on 19th Jan please let us know as we will then be able to chase.

Thanks,

Louise"

Andy.

3 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

"Hi Andrew,

Sales have up to 4 months to clear. If these still remain uncleared on 19th Jan please let us know as we will then be able to chase.

Thanks,

Louise"

Andy.

I've reported one just 2 days before the 4-months waiting period to conclude, so I've sent the request again. It was a couple of months ago, and I am still waiting...

5 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

I got told up to 6 months One sale from last year did take 6 months to clear Still got about 7 yet to clear 

I was told the same. I have seen a couple clear from August last year without contacting CR.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Contemporary Dave said:

Anyone else noticing that sales are taking longer and longer to clear? I have sales going as far back as September that haven't cleared yet. Really frustrating!

Try July.

I don't bother about them much anymore. Although I could use the $35.

On 18/01/2024 at 12:54, spacecadet said:

Try July.

I don't bother about them much anymore. Although I could use the $35.

Still waiting here for a large image on the back page of the Mirror from June. At the time I wondered how high such a licence went for, now I'm wondering whether I'll see a penny.

9 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Still waiting here for a large image on the back page of the Mirror from June. At the time I wondered how high such a licence went for, now I'm wondering whether I'll see a penny.

With the Mirror going south I'd want my money too.🤪

• Like 1

On 18/01/2024 at 10:33, aphperspective said:

"Hi Andrew,

Thanks,

Louise"

Andy.

We should not have to "let them know". Once the sale is on their system it should be followed up automatically. Hello IT.

Allan

• Like 3