November Challenge - Water

Doc

My three.

Flooded road.

lacock-wiltshire-uk-24th-dec-2020-the-river-avon-in-lacock-has-burst-its-banks-on-christmas-eve-and-flooded-the-road-out-of-the-village-the-road-is-passable-with-caution-but-some-drivers-are-intent-on-making-a-big-splash-credit-jmf-newsalamy-live-news-2DXKTMK.jpg

Wild swimming in Bristol Harbour.   (DNA analysis of the water confirms the presence of Sea Lamprey in June, jus sayin...)

bristol-uk-30th-sep-2023-people-are-enjoying-a-swim-in-bristol-harbour-for-a-small-fee-which-covers-the-cost-of-a-lifeguard-wild-swimmers-can-take-to-the-waters-in-historic-bristol-harbour-this-is-the-second-trial-which-will-end-shortly-credit-jmf-newsalamy-live-news-2RYANXY.jpg

Taking the Dog Paddle Boarding

coverack-cornwall-uk-13th-june-2021-a-woman-paddle-boarding-with-her-dog-hot-sunny-day-on-the-cornish-coast-at-coverack-2G2YK92.jpg

Good luck everyone

Edited by Mr Standfast
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 16:24, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

PS. if leveling horizon violates "spirit" of thread, then I shall delete me post...
(the tilt annoys me too much to post "as is")

Hi Jeff! I think following the rules exactly, it should be posted "as is" otherwise future entries could also be "improved" with the better modern software we have now!

Best

Kumar

ps. Nice shot, why don't you resubmit it to Alamy with the straightened horizon?

Edited by Doc
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

If interested, the dog is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

Jill

Thank you Jill, I'll add that.

How's this for an authentic First world conversation?

Buyer, " I want a picture of a woman and a dog on a paddleboard!"

Alamy, "What sort of dog?"

All the best.

🦔

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Hi Jeff! I think following the rules exactly, it should be posted "as is" otherwise future entries could also be "improved" with the better modern software we have now!

Best

Kumar

ps. Nice shot, why don't you resubmit it to Alamy with the straightened horizon?

I don't understand. All my images have some sort of editing done and sometimes that is cropping and straightening.  Does this mean Jeff has only straightened it for the challenge and we are not allowed to do that? Confused.

Paulette

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

I don't understand. All my images have some sort of editing done and sometimes that is cropping and straightening.  Does this mean Jeff has only straightened it for the challenge and we are not allowed to do that? Confused.

Paulette

Hi Paulette,

I guess I thought that given we say that images submitted have to be on sale on Alamy, that therefore images should not be changed in any way from the image that is on sale. Of course we all make some sort of editing before submission, but thats not the same thing.  If we agreed that images on sale on Alamy could be gone back to and re-edited before submission to the competition it would mean that we could return to images submitted many years ago, and re-edit them before submitting them to the competition, and potentially changing then quite substantially (like, for example cropping them to what might effectively be a very different image). 

Having said that, I am very open to changing that opinion, in favour of what the majority think, and so, rather than continuing the discussion in this competition thread, I have started a new thread in this forum about this for people to add their opinion!

Best

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Long haired Jack Russell terrier bitch paddling in the incoming tide at Mountbatten, on Plymouth Sound, Devon, UK.  No longer with us, she loved the water

long-haired-jack-russell-terrier-bitch-p

Cascades on the Addenbrook at Lukesland Gardens Autumn 2017

cascades-on-the-addenbrook-at-lukesland-

Japanese Shishi-odoshi influenced deer scarer in downward motion on a mossy bank 

japanese-shishi-odoshi-influenced-deer-s

• Love 1

My three, squeaked in at the last minute

golden-autumn-light-reflected-in-water-H

Autumn light reflected in a stream

riviere-beauport-and-the-waterfalls-in-p

Black and white photography of moving water - who am I to resist?

three-children-playing-in-water-games-an

My daughter (pink swimsuit on the left), my son (totally engulfed) and a friend playing in a water park here in Quebec. I got splashed of that water on my legs and it was cold.

• Love 2