Images sold in October 2023

BH547N.jpg

Liang Bua, the cave where they unearthed the hobbit (Homo floresiensis), Flores, Indonesia. Low $$$. Over the years this has probably sold enough to have covered my expenses involved in getting there!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LSP said:

BH547N.jpg

Liang Bua, the cave where they unearthed the hobbit (Homo floresiensis), Flores, Indonesia. Low $$$. Over the years this has probably sold enough to have covered my expenses involved in getting there!

Wow you've been there! I really envy you!

The discoverer of that cave and early explorer, who was a missionary at that time, later was my teacher of ancient Greek and archeology.

wim

20 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Wow you've been there! I really envy you!

The discoverer of that cave and early explorer, who was a missionary at that time, later was my teacher of ancient Greek and archeology.

wim

Wow what a coincidence Wim! I was tipped off about how to find the cave by a Dutch palaeontologist friend who was actually involved in the excavations - I wonder if she was also tutored by the same explorer as you.

I think it is actually not too difficult to visit these days, once you have managed to travel to the nearest town, Ruteng: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruteng

Low $$ (could have done something with the sky Hugh!)

Rights Managed Country: Worldwide
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 18 October 2023
Duration: In perpetuity

wall mural painting of Martha, the Last Passenger Pigeon on a building in Cincinnati Ohio

2HCC73T.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LSP said:

Wow what a coincidence Wim! I was tipped off about how to find the cave by a Dutch palaeontologist friend who was actually involved in the excavations - I wonder if she was also tutored by the same explorer as you.

I think it is actually not too difficult to visit these days, once you have managed to travel to the nearest town, Ruteng: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruteng

Bali is the furthest East I have been. Also some nice caves there. With hand stencils.

But who knows.

wim

44 minutes ago, gvallee said:

How funny! We were just discussing in another thread how hard to sell birds is.

UK book - $$

PTYDMC.jpg

One of my few bird images sold was of a bird weaving a nest. "Bird doing something" Behavior always helps animal photos sell, I think.

Paulette

• Love 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/A3YN7T/brookside-gardens-christmas-led-lights-display-in-wheaton-md-near-A3YN7T.jpg

Worldwide Magazines and books 2,500 inside In perpetuity

Mid $$.

Brookside Gardens Christmas LED lights display in Wheaton MD (near DC).

First time for this one from December 26, 2006.

It almost made the list of the oldest one that did not sell. 😁

wim

• Love 2

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/A3YN7T/brookside-gardens-christmas-led-lights-display-in-wheaton-md-near-A3YN7T.jpg

Worldwide Magazines and books 2,500 inside In perpetuity

Mid $$.

Brookside Gardens Christmas LED lights display in Wheaton MD (near DC).

First time for this one from December 26, 2006.

It almost made the list of the oldest one that did not sell. 😁

wim

I live just 10-15  minutes from there, never shot the annual holiday lights display.  Nice one Wim!

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I live just 10-15  minutes from there, never shot the annual holiday lights display.  Nice one Wim!

Thank you! You know where it is and that it's a nice place: R206EE

I have 2 more candidates from the Brookside Gardens holiday lights left for the Never Sold List.

So whether it's worth it to take a camera? Otoh holiday lights displays are a perennial feature in all sorts of publications. We had never experienced drive-thru displays, so we went to some a lot of those. And coming back home I started a modest display of my own. Since our own big tree has died, the lights have moved over to the tree on the sidewalk. (Which is also our own, but that's another hilarious story.)

wim

edit: Google Maps had a daylight image last year. Note the Google camera car selfie.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 1

Usage: Editorial.

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic.

Print run: Upto 5 million.

Placement: Inside.

Start: 19.10.23.

Duration: In perpetuity.

$$ high, almost a 3 figure sum which is really good for my kind of material.

little-owl-in-flight-M9EER1.jpg

Little owl, England.

Edited by Roy Waller
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Roy Waller said:

Sales history not working for me, not know usage details.

$$ high, almost a 3 figure sum which is really good for my kind of material.

little-owl-in-flight-M9EER1.jpg

Little owl, England.

Not working for me either. Download the Net Revenue sales report CSV file and you'll know the usage.

40 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Not working for me either. Download the Net Revenue sales report CSV file and you'll know the usage.

To get the current sales info, before it appears anywhere else, click on 'Download Sales Report', enter 'date range' to today's date, pick 'Date of invoice' in next box... and click GO...

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

55 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

To get the current sales info, before it appears anywhere else, click on 'Download Sales Report', enter 'date range' to today's date, pick 'Date of invoice' in next box... and click GO...

Thanks gvallee and John. Got it.

Low $1 : (

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use digital and social media platforms associated to Global Radio titles
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 04 October 2023
Duration: Unlimited

John Lewis' flagship store on Oxford street

london-uk-october-2022-john-lewis-flagship-store-on-oxford-street-in-london-2RJFHFX.jpg
Edited by Ambrosiniv
  • Love 2