Bragging Rights

Rico

Thanks Gen, for the idea. This will be very interesting (I hope).

Someone else go first, please. Post the photo or photos (published) that you are most proud of.

Edited by Rico
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Rico said:

Thanks Gen, for the idea. This will be very interesting (I hope).

Someone else go first, please. Post the photo or photos (published) that you are most proud of.

Ok let's kick off.

https://www.biblioimages.com/granta/getimage.aspx?pdfdirect=DRm2feZrcyy7aB8ta5pWBA==&bibliologin=1&s=0a679f8a-9b53-42d6-991f-1dac1e130fc9&cat=default&class=books&type=jpg&mode=&size=amazon&id=423

Not because it's the best I've ever taken, but because of the book. And the author Barbara Ehrenreich who died a year ago.

wim

edit: Don't know where amazon had the first image from, but it contained a typo. This one is directly from Granta. The image on Alamy: APHK07

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

National Geographic UK

This was taken from a doorless helicopter.

FKA99E.jpg

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/environment-and-conservation/2022/10/australia-hands-control-of-its-newest-national-parks-to-indigenous-peoples

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

When you say "published" do you mean that in it's true sense as in Book, magazine, calendar, etc.  Or does it include websites, newspapers, etc as well.

Allan

23 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

When you say "published" do you mean that in it's true sense as in Book, magazine, calendar, etc.  Or does it include websites, newspapers, etc as well.

Allan

Let's leave it open to anything. Personally, I'm not all that fussy about rules, especially my own. 😁 I just like to see (and celebrate) other photographer's best work. 

Edited by Rico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Let's leave it open to anything. Personally, I'm not all that fussy about rules, especially my own. 😁 I just like to see (and celebrate) other photographer's best work. 

Thank you Sir.

Allan

• Like 1

The following photos are my bragging rights in that they are my highest grossing sales.

Young Oak tree in autumn Milton Country Park Milton Cambridgeshire

young-oak-tree-in-autumn-milton-country-

Construction site safety sign

construction-site-safety-sign-D1P750.jpg

Cambridge Crown Court sign and coat of arms East Road Cambridge City

cambridge-crown-court-sign-and-coat-of-a

Sunflower Black Magic

sunflower-black-magic-W4WFKD.jpg

Cotswold stone roof tiles dormer window Bourton-on-the-Water Cotswolds village Gloucestershire

cotswold-stone-roof-tiles-dormer-window-

Top of communications mast Milton 

top-of-communications-mast-milton-E8JP44

St Johns Innovation Centre St Johns Innovation Park Cowley Road Cambridge

st-johns-innovation-centre-st-johns-inno

Sorry Rico if this is not in line with your ideals.  I will remove them if you wish.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

The following photos are my bragging rights in that they are my highest grossing sales.

Sorry Rico if this is not in line with your ideals.  I will remove them if you wish.

Allan

Those are great Allan, keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

This image taken during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver remains my best (money-wise) sale on Alamy. It licensed for billboard use. Captured with a 10.2 MP Sony DSLR and an old Minolta 100-300 zoom that I was using at the time.

people-ziplining-over-robson-square-duri

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 3

It gets harder and harder to catch a meaningful moment when 9 out of 10 people we see are fooling with their phones. Here's a couple of snaps I think work.

two-young-women-enjoying-the-water-from-

The older Italian guy sunbathing on the street is part of traditional old-school Little Italy. Then we have the young tourist girls. 

a-video-team-reviewing-a-fashion-shoot-w

And this video team doing a trans modeling shoot seemed happy with the results.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

This is a repeat seller and never for big amounts but it's adding up. It's not a great shot but it does the job.

I like it because it was chosen by a respected national paper, respected internationally actualy, for their explainer about Edward Colston, philanphropist and slave trader.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/08/who-was-edward-colston-and-why-was-his-bristol-statue-toppled-slave-trader-black-lives-matter-protests

If somone googles "Who Was Edward Colston" the Guardian us the second site after wikipedia (in the UK at least). Thanks to access to Alamy and keeping an eye on current affairs

I've been able to make very tiny contribution to the BLM & human rights story. I'm not a photo jounalist but I can wave to photo jounalism as it goes past!

And yes the Guardian cropped the helll out of it!

views-of-bristol-that-refer-to-edward-colston-philanthropist-merchant-E3DHMH.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Found another.

Thoresby Hall Thoresby Nottinghamshire England 

thoresby-hall-thoresby-nottinghamshire-e

This qualifies as a high earner for the number of times it has sold.

Allan

Found another multi sale.

Dog paw print in snow

dog-paw-print-in-snow-D2JNHX.jpg

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yup, that's Jay's bank on the Bowery. He now lives 2 blocks from my childhood home in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. 

The film about that move is a treat... 

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1

In the spirit of our chatty forum, I want to post an image that I value in many ways but has never sold or been zoomed. Not once. 

I went to Rome in 2008 to say goodbye to my friend Jim and the city I love. Jim's home was just 3 minutes from Saint Peter's and I took pictures at dawn and dusk.

On this snap, I think I changed the sky.

Any thoughts???

saint-peters-basilica-in-vatican-city-ro

• Love 3

27 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Looks great Edo!  My experience is that dusk/evening/night shots don't sell as well as daytime pics.

I have both day and night and everything else of Saint Pete's -- but not one sale or one zoom.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

In the spirit of our chatty forum, I want to post an image that I value in many ways but has never sold or been zoomed. Not once. 

I went to Rome in 2008 to say goodbye to my friend Jim and the city I love. Jim's home was just 3 minutes from Saint Peter's and I took pictures at dawn and dusk.

On this snap, I think I changed the sky.

Any thoughts???

saint-peters-basilica-in-vatican-city-ro

Wow..

Paulette

Pleased with this one because of the back story. Poor weather conditions and unsure of an accurate arrival time meant a very early start. After a few hours wait the HHS Queen Elizabeth can into view on Loch Long at Glenmallan for loading of ordinance. Between times I managed to get myself into an off road parking spot, inadvertently beating a road closure and subsequently being checked out and name taken by CID. They let me stay because of their mistakes but warned me that they may have to return and move me on. They didn't return though and I had my news pictures. Unfortunately they didn't sell. Wasted journey? Not quite. I enjoyed the trip, the ship was impressive and I have some nice images of her. This is my favourite.

2HXPWAX.jpg

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Like 2