architetcure = 728

folwer = 330

feild = 8,320 (but some are surnames)

Beautifull = 32,243

and the winner so far is

enviroment = 172,547

Please suggest others. I have just fixed my 'architetcure' ones

• Thanks 2

‘enviroment’ is an odd one. Would anyone pronounce it as it is misspelled, without the ‘n’?

’accomodation’ is a common misspelling - 61,348 examples on Alamy. Makes sense to put correct and incorrect forms when keywording, I think.

6 minutes ago, pazmander said:

‘enviroment’ is an odd one. Would anyone pronounce it as it is misspelled, without the ‘n’?

’accomodation’ is a common misspelling - 61,348 examples on Alamy. Makes sense to put correct and incorrect forms when keywording, I think.

Thanks for that. I had two images which had both 'acommodation' and ' accomodation'.

I certainly do not intend to include incorrect spellings. 

Edited by geogphotos

37 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks for that. I had two images which had both 'acommodation' and ' accomodation'.

I certainly do not intend to include incorrect spellings. 

I am not averse (avverse) to including misspellings (mispellings) if it is going to produce a license (lisence) fee.

Allan (Alan, Allen, Alen)

I know! I know! there is only one misspleling of my name.

ITMA

I have seen images come up for the misspelling of Knarsborough!

It's me again.

Hi All, 

Thanks for flagging, as you know we rely on our contributors to correctly caption and tag their own images. This is a good reminder of why you should caption and keyword accurately as these images wouldn't come up in the search if the customer was using the correct spelling, so recommend anyone reading this thread to check the spelling of words in their own accounts.

Thanks,

Chantelle 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

A shopping tip is to search misspellings on Ebay auction listings. Gold soveriegns, for example.

My son once bought a windsurfer dead cheap because he and the seller had made the same spelling mistake: windsuffer. Presumably no other potential buyers even found the listing...

18 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I used to play pool with a Welsh guy called Alun...

Yup!  I can't remember them all on the spur of the moment.

And to answer Alamy while with you John.  I do try to make sure all keywords are spelt correctly.  I only add in a missplelling if I think it miht be appropriate.

Allan

10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

And to answer Alamy while with you John.  I do try to make sure all keywords are spelt correctly.  I only add in a missplelling if I think it miht be appropriate.

Allan

I couldn't resist searching for 'miht' and I found this lovely stuff:

Hieroglyphica, sive, De sacris Aegyptiorvm aliarvmqve gentivm literis commentarij . er libro com^plexa^ odiopim ob rerum miilTitiidinem yolumen effciant, amicos mihi quofdam depmauiyquoriimhortatitmodo hoc,modo illudameconfinptum efjet (nofii hoc ??•???/^??:•:)?2?????maxime commodum ^tfnm efl quodambitiomprietexeremyamicoruwpilicetimptdfit metammuhd elahorajje: quando hodie id ????????? yirio \erti video, quod laborioCa quis autdif????? aggredi ???????, qHodhoneftam ?ndu?n<:^m turpi otio priCtulent. Inter hos autem eo-rum in pnmi6 ranoneni miht hjbendam ????????, qm mthi talia meditannpjfi^agatiptnt:cumq^tuommninmaxirnenonmodo aibumddieceris calculumSed atitorpeneJHcns ne ??-choatum hoc opui olim abtjceretHr^mthi pr^apue deleB:ii es,cui(is nomini lucubraaonum hUiupnodi partem nuncHparem. Quodfimeum hoc injiitmum non afhernatiiifuerls^fac ex tefciamjquodpreecipueanimaltibi^eln infcribi. Puresyeromuirarumre adCGriaanas coenaSym quibiis dijaimbent tecum Bembm^Sadoletm, Sanazdruii, & ^lerique alij, quos ? te fummo. Pierii VaJ.Ciconia. opere dilm,& ? ambus teplurimifieri non ignoro:-vbi tamen id tanmm honorio extra ordinem J3tibi hahendumpt.yt eiui ammali6,qmd tihi apponi iulJem^ferculum accipi/u. Obpcro vero tepro fnmmo meo erod te cnlm & incomparabth obfimantia,ne aliter huc dep:endere dedigneris,qmm vocatus olim ad Elegiacam ^morum meorum ccenam conferre te non er^bmfli, 6;«meam hanc aifalemcuncigrati ammi declarationem eo vultufipwias^ quo me ad exhibedumhuiupnodimHnii^tonens accendere confueBi. AEGIDIVS CARDINALIS ?IE- RIO VALERIANO SVO, S. P. D. i Oantum me comouerint Uterx tHa,frauiJume mortalium ????,???? incre-! dibili yoluptate cogitare^ita verbiifatls ajpqui nunqua pojjem. Nam tamet/i< antiqua illa amiatia ?????, omnia qudi ab ?????????? expeBari polTunt, abI humani^imo iflo ingenio tuo mihi expeBanda efp pollicebiirur,no erat tamen. Vf vnqna ant practpue hoc tempore,dimni6 illis tuto lHCHbratiombiis,tot huifisatatis l!4mmihm,pofJe me hominem admodu

• Like 1

Not sure how people find their mis-spellings and typos but you could download the data csv, turn it into a spreadsheet and run a spell checker down the Caption column and then down the Tags column. I suggest adding an extra column and putting an 'x' in it for every image that has a problem so that you can get a list of Image IDs to check and correct.

I've just done that with mine and found 75 images to correct, just typos, it took about 10 minutes though it will take a bit longer than that to correct them.

I cann tell you, it was a revvellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Not sure how people find their mis-spellings and typos but you could download the data csv, turn it into a spreadsheet and run a spell checker down the Caption column and then down the Tags column. I suggest adding an extra column and putting an 'x' in it for every image that has a problem so that you can get a list of Image IDs to check and correct.

I've just done that with mine and found 75 images to correct, just typos, it took about 10 minutes though it will take a bit longer than that to correct them.

A spell checker should pick up misspellings but it won’t necessarily find typos - ‘bit’ where ‘but’ was intended, for example.

57 minutes ago, pazmander said:

A spell checker should pick up misspellings but it won’t necessarily find typos - ‘bit’ where ‘but’ was intended, for example.

Yes, nothing's perfect, a lot of those won't matter though. Incidentally I don't mean that it is necessary to engage with the spell-checker in terms of adding, removing, changing etc. , just visually scanning the highlighted words. Many of these will be foreign spellings, latin names etc. so can be ignored. I personally just convert the image ids into a text string where the ids are separated by ' OR ' and paste that into Image Manager, only 24 at a time though. The Alamy/Lightroom Bridge plugin would be better because you find many hundreds if not thousands of images by pasting in a comma-separated list of image ids, correct in Lightroom and then synchronise with Alamy.

Is there a way to find typos that actually exist as a word? ChatGPT?!

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Isn't "spelt" and ancient grain?

It's "spelled correctly" on this side of the pond.

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Isn't "spelt" and ancient grain?

It's "spelled correctly" on this side of the pond.

It is an old wheat. And spelt is a British spelling too according to the Oxford dictionary.  Yes I had to fish it out from the bookcase.

Allan

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

It is an old wheat. And spelt is a British spelling too according to the Oxford dictionary.  Yes I had to fish it out from the bookcase.

Allan

Just kidding of course. Those old spellings have pretty much fallen out of use in Canada -- "amongst" is another one, replaced by "among". Those ancient grains are supposed to be good for you, so don't stop eating them. 😉

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

Just kidding of course. Those old spellings have pretty much fallen out of use in Canada -- "amongst" is another one, replaced by "among". Those ancient grains are supposed to be good for you, so don't stop eating them. 😉

That's all we can get just now. Bleh!

Allan

First page of results on AOA for 'trooping the'

I fully expected to see 'color' and not one. Just coloru!

On 29/06/2023 at 09:51, Harry Harrison said:

Great idea. Did you find a way to add the 'x' automatically in the extra column? I think I'll give it a go. Main problem will be that I'm sure my spellchucker will flag lots of those latin species names andUK place names.

Mark