Anyone Else Having Trouble Uploading Images?

I have also noticed problems uploading.  Today it took multiple attempts to upload eleven live news  photographs in Westminster.  They were the type of pictures that need to be sent quick.y as there are a number of photographers taking the same pictures so it was doubly frustrating.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Here I am again. 🤔 Can't upload at all. I'm using Safari and an M1 MacBook Air. 

I uploaded yesterday and went straight through and passed earlier today

Edited by Alexander Hogg
Grammar is terrible
  • Thanks 1

Here I am again. 🤔 Can't upload at all. I'm using Safari and an M1 MacBook Air. 

Apple "just works" (Sorry Edo, work gave me an iPhone and I hate it). But anyway, I uploaded last night with Firefox on Windows and no problem. Have you tried with Chrome?

Steve, I've not been able to upload Chrome or FTP. And even if they worked, I'd feel I'm substituting one digital puzzle for another. 🤪 I wrote to Alamy. 

Just now, I was able to upload 4 images -- one at a time. When do the good times begin?

44 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Steve, I've not been able to upload Chrome or FTP. And even if they worked, I'd feel I'm substituting one digital puzzle for another. 🤪 I wrote to Alamy. 

Just now, I was able to upload 4 images -- one at a time. When do the good times begin?

Hey Ed, if you keep this rate up for 10 years, I'll catch up with you 😆

Let us know what Alamy says. Don't really know otherwise, you could try clearing the Safari browser cache.

Slightly confused; you don't know how to upload Chrome or use FTP, or they just wouldn't upload to your machine?

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Slightly confused; you don't know how to upload Chrome or use FTP, or they just wouldn't upload to your machine?

Both. No more stuff tonight. Gute nacht.

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Apple "just works" (Sorry Edo, work gave me an iPhone and I hate it). But anyway, I uploaded last night with Firefox on Windows and no problem. Have you tried with Chrome?

I had no trouble uploading yesterday night, but can't seem to upload this afternoon.  Maybe the servers are busy.   I'll try later.

A hostile tribe from the Digital Nation has surrounded my wagon. The Alamy cavalry has been called. 

First thing this morning, Louise at contributor relations answered the email I sent Alamy last night.  Very impressive. I hope tech will sort things out.

I uploaded 12 photos about 25 mins ago and they went through alright. Just a fraction slower than usual.

Allan

Steve, didn't mean to disappear on you.

I did manage to install Chrome last night (or was that this morning?). Now I have 2 systems that won't upload images to Alamy. I'm busy humming that tune from The Wizard of Oz -- if I only had a brain. 

I did manage to install Chrome last night (or was that this morning?). Now I have 2 systems that won't upload images to Alamy. I'm busy humming that tune from The Wizard of Oz -- if I only had a brain. 

I always use google and then the Alamy homepage, log in and then upload never been a problem so far 

12 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Steve, didn't mean to disappear on you.

Edo, 'tis a mystery. Hopefully the Alamy sages will set you right.

The latest: As of today, the tech glitch seems to have solved itself. I can't take credit for solving it, although I didn't give up. Alamy didn't solve it, but they stayed with me working on the problem. Today I was able to upload a group of 5 and 6 individual pics one at a time. They all are sitting in QC. Is everything back to normal? We shall see. 🤔

30 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Jose, I could use a bowl of Feijoada and a couple of beers.

And as in the Lonely Planet guide to Brazil states: 'uma cerveja estupidamente gelada' (I have to admit that hubby wrote that part of the book 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Jose, I could use a bowl of Feijoada and a couple of beers.

Have you discovered real ale yet, Ed? It's cask-conditioned, out of a handpump, not a tap, and not pasteurised or freezing cold. If not give it a try. Might take some getting used to but it tastes far more interesting than cold lager. There are hundreds of different ones, should be some in Liverpool.