Jump to content

September 2022 - Favourite Uploads


Recommended Posts

Try the Plantnet app with the originals, particularly with leaves as well- I tried it off the screen but it only came up with a 5% probability of helenium autumnale, commonn sneeaeweed, which I don't think is right.

It reminds me of something very common, but in the UK obviously.

Edit - just tried USA- helenium amarum- sneezeweed again, 9%. Looks more like it.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Try the Plantnet app with the originals, particularly with leaves as well- I tried it off the screen but it only came up with a 5% probability of helenium autumnale, commonn sneeaeweed, which I don't think is right.

It reminds me of something very common, but in the UK obviously.

Edit - just tried USA- helenium amarum- sneezeweed again, 9%. Looks more like it.


Thanks, I’ll give that app a try!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Here's the latest Andy Edwards sculpture in Liverpool, Brian Epstein. It's only been up for a few days.

 

brian-epstein-statue-by-andy-edwards-in-

 

Soon to be covered in bird sh---.😔

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Allan, I'm told there's a plan to build many bird sanitation stations. I'm sure our newest PM will get right on it. 

 

Culling would be quicker and cheaper.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Hmm. Cull the pigeons and gulls, then the ducks, and then the humans?

 

NO! NO! NO!  Just the pigeons, and maybe some gulls, but NOT the humans. (Well I can think of one or two who could be culled).

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

could do with a nicer sky

50Clarity/15saturation/30vibrance is my standard in LR, and maybe a selective saturation lift on the blues. Not till it hurts the eyes or looks like a Sunday Telegraph travel section (or maybe even that, if it gets you in it?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Not sure if this person is male or female, and could do with a nicer sky, but otherwise...

 

a-person-sits-on-littlehaven-beach-south

 

I would say female.

 

Allan

 

There I've just said it.

 

ITMA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

I would say female.

 

Allan

 

There I've just said it.

 

ITMA

 

I would look rather like that in my Stetson-type hat, now relegated to gardening duty owing to its extreme decrepitude.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a few.

Oats growing and ripening in field

oats-growing-and-ripening-in-field-2022-2JRGCFM.jpg
 

Heckington station signal box, Heckington Lincolnshireheckington-station-signal-box-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JRRYF1.jpg

 

Elderly gentleman dressed in military uniform resting at Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Castle Hill Lincoln

elderly-gentleman-dressed-in-military-uniform-resting-at-lincoln-steampunk-festival-castle-hill-lincoln-2022-2JT5EEY.jpg
 

Even R2D2 starwars robot entered into Lincoln Festival

even-r2d2-starwars-robot-entered-into-lincoln-festival-lincoln-2022-2JTHRAB.jpg
 

View looking West along Heckington railway station, Heckington Lincolnshire

view-looking-west-along-heckington-railway-station-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JTHRC3.jpg
 

Person dressed in Cavalier style for Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Lincoln

person-dressed-in-cavalier-style-for-lincoln-steampunk-festival-lincoln-2022-2JT5EH9.jpg
 
 
All for now.
 
Allan
 
Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I would look rather like that in my Stetson-type hat, now relegated to gardening duty owing to its extreme decrepitude.

It looks like a lady's hat full at full pixels but the person is wearing dowdy trousers.  

 

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

50Clarity/15saturation/30vibrance is my standard in LR, and maybe a selective saturation lift on the blues. Not till it hurts the eyes or looks like a Sunday Telegraph travel section (or maybe even that, if it gets you in it?).

I did push it hard to get what you see and had to kill the noise in the sky. If this rain continues I might try swapping the sky for one with fleecy white clouds !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

It looks like a lady's hat full at full pixels but the person is wearing dowdy trousers.  

 

I did push it hard to get what you see and had to kill the noise in the sky. If this rain continues I might try swapping the sky for one with fleecy white clouds !

If you'll permit me this is my special sauce...........blocking up a bit obviously as it's a small jpeg. I would back up on the yellow if you prefer a bit less Benidorm.

I've not had any noise problems with the A58.

bryan.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Just a few.

Oats growing and ripening in field

oats-growing-and-ripening-in-field-2022-2JRGCFM.jpg
 

Heckington station signal box, Heckington Lincolnshireheckington-station-signal-box-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JRRYF1.jpg

 

Elderly gentleman dressed in military uniform resting at Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Castle Hill Lincoln

elderly-gentleman-dressed-in-military-uniform-resting-at-lincoln-steampunk-festival-castle-hill-lincoln-2022-2JT5EEY.jpg
 

Even R2D2 starwars robot entered into Lincoln Festival

even-r2d2-starwars-robot-entered-into-lincoln-festival-lincoln-2022-2JTHRAB.jpg
 

View looking West along Heckington railway station, Heckington Lincolnshire

view-looking-west-along-heckington-railway-station-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JTHRC3.jpg
 

Person dressed in Cavalier style for Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Lincoln

person-dressed-in-cavalier-style-for-lincoln-steampunk-festival-lincoln-2022-2JT5EH9.jpg
 
 
All for now.
 
Allan
 

Nice set of shots. I haven’t done anything yet in September so must get out. Love the R2D2 pic, looks like a high tech butter churn.

Edited by Dave Richards
Added text
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 17:24, spacecadet said:

If you'll permit me this is my special sauce...........blocking up a bit obviously as it's a small jpeg. I would back up on the yellow if you prefer a bit less Benidorm.

I've not had any noise problems with the A58.

 

Thanks Mark, but it rained and I decided to go for a new sky !

 

2K042N4.jpg

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few recent uploads. I’ve been using some free time, since retiring, to sort through my older images that were not catalogued very well. I thought I’d lost the original of this old Bristol Banksy (long since white washed and painted over with another Banksy). The curious horse is another older image but the plum and blackcurrant crumble is a newbie. Made with fruit we foraged. The blackberry’s from local fields and the plums were giveaways outside a neighbours house..

 

a-historic-banksy-graffiti-artwork-known

 

a-close-up-picture-of-a-horse-in-open-co

 

a-traditional-english-plum-and-blackberr

  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My attitude towards news photography is to concentrate on battles that I think I can win, and so I've been very selective in my uploads during the period of mourning for the passing of the Queen. Having a long-time interest in aviation I chose to cover the coffin's return to London on board a RAF aircraft, knowing that the areas outside the perimeter of the airfield would be more accessible than locations such as The Mall. The wind direction meant that the aircraft would approach from the opposite end to where the masses of people would gather for views of the hearse, so the main issues would be the weather and the lateness of the day given that the arrival was scheduled for just before 7pm on a grim day. I'd aimed to include people in the image so chose to stand where I'd hoped that the aircraft would pass over with all in frame so just managed that. Then it was just a case of hunkering down trying to hold an umbrella over everything and drive a laptop at the same time and file the images in time for the presses. The images did really well and made it all worthwhile.

 

raf-northolt-south-ruislip-london-uk-13th-sep-2022-the-body-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-has-been-flown-from-edinburgh-airport-by-royal-air-force-boeing-c-17a-globemaster-iii-serial-number-zz177-and-is-seen-on-finals-to-land-at-raf-northolt-the-coffin-will-then-be-transferred-to-road-transport-for-the-journey-to-buckingham-palace-the-large-transport-aircraft-landed-over-the-a40-and-members-of-the-public-that-had-braved-the-rain-callsign-kittyhawk-for-the-queen-for-the-final-time-2K0TNY4.jpg

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.