September 2022 - Favourite Uploads

Michael Ventura

Try the Plantnet app with the originals, particularly with leaves as well- I tried it off the screen but it only came up with a 5% probability of helenium autumnale, commonn sneeaeweed, which I don't think is right.

It reminds me of something very common, but in the UK obviously.

Edit - just tried USA- helenium amarum- sneezeweed again, 9%. Looks more like it.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Try the Plantnet app with the originals, particularly with leaves as well- I tried it off the screen but it only came up with a 5% probability of helenium autumnale, commonn sneeaeweed, which I don't think is right.

It reminds me of something very common, but in the UK obviously.

Edit - just tried USA- helenium amarum- sneezeweed again, 9%. Looks more like it.

Thanks, I’ll give that app a try!

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Here's the latest Andy Edwards sculpture in Liverpool, Brian Epstein. It's only been up for a few days.

brian-epstein-statue-by-andy-edwards-in-

Soon to be covered in bird sh---.😔

Allan

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Allan, I'm told there's a plan to build many bird sanitation stations. I'm sure our newest PM will get right on it. 

Culling would be quicker and cheaper.

Allan

12 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hmm. Cull the pigeons and gulls, then the ducks, and then the humans?

NO! NO! NO!  Just the pigeons, and maybe some gulls, but NOT the humans. (Well I can think of one or two who could be culled).

Allan

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

could do with a nicer sky

50Clarity/15saturation/30vibrance is my standard in LR, and maybe a selective saturation lift on the blues. Not till it hurts the eyes or looks like a Sunday Telegraph travel section (or maybe even that, if it gets you in it?).

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Not sure if this person is male or female, and could do with a nicer sky, but otherwise...

a-person-sits-on-littlehaven-beach-south

I would say female.

Allan

There I've just said it.

ITMA

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I would say female.

Allan

There I've just said it.

ITMA

I would look rather like that in my Stetson-type hat, now relegated to gardening duty owing to its extreme decrepitude.

Edited by spacecadet

Just a few.

Oats growing and ripening in field

oats-growing-and-ripening-in-field-2022-2JRGCFM.jpg

Heckington station signal box, Heckington Lincolnshireheckington-station-signal-box-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JRRYF1.jpg

Elderly gentleman dressed in military uniform resting at Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Castle Hill Lincoln

elderly-gentleman-dressed-in-military-uniform-resting-at-lincoln-steampunk-festival-castle-hill-lincoln-2022-2JT5EEY.jpg

Even R2D2 starwars robot entered into Lincoln Festival

even-r2d2-starwars-robot-entered-into-lincoln-festival-lincoln-2022-2JTHRAB.jpg

View looking West along Heckington railway station, Heckington Lincolnshire

view-looking-west-along-heckington-railway-station-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JTHRC3.jpg

Person dressed in Cavalier style for Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Lincoln

person-dressed-in-cavalier-style-for-lincoln-steampunk-festival-lincoln-2022-2JT5EH9.jpg

All for now.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I would look rather like that in my Stetson-type hat, now relegated to gardening duty owing to its extreme decrepitude.

It looks like a lady's hat full at full pixels but the person is wearing dowdy trousers.  

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

50Clarity/15saturation/30vibrance is my standard in LR, and maybe a selective saturation lift on the blues. Not till it hurts the eyes or looks like a Sunday Telegraph travel section (or maybe even that, if it gets you in it?).

I did push it hard to get what you see and had to kill the noise in the sky. If this rain continues I might try swapping the sky for one with fleecy white clouds !

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

It looks like a lady's hat full at full pixels but the person is wearing dowdy trousers.  

I did push it hard to get what you see and had to kill the noise in the sky. If this rain continues I might try swapping the sky for one with fleecy white clouds !

If you'll permit me this is my special sauce...........blocking up a bit obviously as it's a small jpeg. I would back up on the yellow if you prefer a bit less Benidorm.

I've not had any noise problems with the A58.

bryan.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Just a few.

Oats growing and ripening in field

oats-growing-and-ripening-in-field-2022-2JRGCFM.jpg

Heckington station signal box, Heckington Lincolnshireheckington-station-signal-box-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JRRYF1.jpg

Elderly gentleman dressed in military uniform resting at Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Castle Hill Lincoln

elderly-gentleman-dressed-in-military-uniform-resting-at-lincoln-steampunk-festival-castle-hill-lincoln-2022-2JT5EEY.jpg

Even R2D2 starwars robot entered into Lincoln Festival

even-r2d2-starwars-robot-entered-into-lincoln-festival-lincoln-2022-2JTHRAB.jpg

View looking West along Heckington railway station, Heckington Lincolnshire

view-looking-west-along-heckington-railway-station-heckington-lincolnshire-2022-2JTHRC3.jpg

Person dressed in Cavalier style for Lincoln Steampunk Festival, Lincoln

person-dressed-in-cavalier-style-for-lincoln-steampunk-festival-lincoln-2022-2JT5EH9.jpg

All for now.

Allan

Nice set of shots. I haven’t done anything yet in September so must get out. Love the R2D2 pic, looks like a high tech butter churn.

Edited by Dave Richards
Added text
  • Thanks 1

On 08/09/2022 at 17:24, spacecadet said:

If you'll permit me this is my special sauce...........blocking up a bit obviously as it's a small jpeg. I would back up on the yellow if you prefer a bit less Benidorm.

I've not had any noise problems with the A58.

Thanks Mark, but it rained and I decided to go for a new sky !

2K042N4.jpg

• Love 1

A few recent uploads. I’ve been using some free time, since retiring, to sort through my older images that were not catalogued very well. I thought I’d lost the original of this old Bristol Banksy (long since white washed and painted over with another Banksy). The curious horse is another older image but the plum and blackcurrant crumble is a newbie. Made with fruit we foraged. The blackberry’s from local fields and the plums were giveaways outside a neighbours house..

a-historic-banksy-graffiti-artwork-known

a-close-up-picture-of-a-horse-in-open-co

a-traditional-english-plum-and-blackberr

• Love 3

My attitude towards news photography is to concentrate on battles that I think I can win, and so I've been very selective in my uploads during the period of mourning for the passing of the Queen. Having a long-time interest in aviation I chose to cover the coffin's return to London on board a RAF aircraft, knowing that the areas outside the perimeter of the airfield would be more accessible than locations such as The Mall. The wind direction meant that the aircraft would approach from the opposite end to where the masses of people would gather for views of the hearse, so the main issues would be the weather and the lateness of the day given that the arrival was scheduled for just before 7pm on a grim day. I'd aimed to include people in the image so chose to stand where I'd hoped that the aircraft would pass over with all in frame so just managed that. Then it was just a case of hunkering down trying to hold an umbrella over everything and drive a laptop at the same time and file the images in time for the presses. The images did really well and made it all worthwhile.

raf-northolt-south-ruislip-london-uk-13th-sep-2022-the-body-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-has-been-flown-from-edinburgh-airport-by-royal-air-force-boeing-c-17a-globemaster-iii-serial-number-zz177-and-is-seen-on-finals-to-land-at-raf-northolt-the-coffin-will-then-be-transferred-to-road-transport-for-the-journey-to-buckingham-palace-the-large-transport-aircraft-landed-over-the-a40-and-members-of-the-public-that-had-braved-the-rain-callsign-kittyhawk-for-the-queen-for-the-final-time-2K0TNY4.jpg

• Love 3