Where Have the U.S. Sales Gone?

I have noticed, in the last couple of months, that I am seeing fewer and fewer U.S. sales coming into my account.  Just to be clear, I am talking about U.S. based buyers not U.S. content.  I scour though about a dozen U.S. publications each month, looking for Alamy image uses and I am finding fewer and fewer uses. Not sure of the reason why, could it be the competitive pricing from the micros or maybe buyers trying other sources? U.S. buyers tend to pay more than buyers based in other countries so I am seeing fewer higher value sales.   I hope the new Alamy/PA marketing can help change this trend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have noticed, in the last couple of months, that I am seeing fewer and fewer U.S. sales coming into my account.  Just to be clear, I am talking about U.S. based buyers not U.S. content.  I scour though about a dozen U.S. publications each month, looking for Alamy image uses and I am finding fewer and fewer uses. Not sure of the reason why, could it be the competitive pricing from the micros or maybe buyers trying other sources? U.S. buyers tend to pay more than buyers based in other countries so I am seeing fewer higher value sales.   I hope the new Alamy/PA marketing can help change this trend.

Could be that which is causing the down trend.

Allan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Which column of your sales report are you looking at? If I look in the "Region" column, which I normally do, my US sales are holding up fine. However, if I check the "license details" column, most of those same sales show up as "Worldwide." I always assume that if the region is the US, then the image was licensed in the US.

Edited by John Mitchell

25 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Which column of your sales report are you looking at? If I look in the "Region" column, which I normally do, my US sales are holding up fine. However, if I check the "license details" column, most of those same sales show up as "Worldwide." I always assume that if the region is the US, then the image was licensed in the US.

I am looking at "Region".  The last two months U.S. sales have been only 20-30% of the overall sales.  It used to be a much larger portion.

10 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I am looking at "Region".  The last two months U.S. sales have been only 20-30% of the overall sales.  It used to be a much larger portion.

Interesting. I haven't really noticed a drop. I'd say that about 40% of my sales remain US (Region) ones.

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting. I haven't really noticed a drop. I'd say that about 40% of my sales remain US (Region) ones.

i don't have enough licence to see trends, but I am getting more US regions than i did last year, noting that at least a couple images identified as US region were in Canada when drilling down. 

21 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have noticed, in the last couple of months, that I am seeing fewer and fewer U.S. sales coming into my account. 

You may already have checked this, but the licence detail gives the territory licensed, but if you burrow down into "net revenue", you get where the sale came from ("Region) as well. My guess is that a good few of these will say "US". About a quarter of mine do.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

You may already have checked this, but the licence detail gives the territory licensed, but if you burrow down into "net revenue", you get where the sale came from ("Region) as well. My guess is that a good few of these will say "US". About a quarter of mine do.

Thanks, Mark -- I'll try to do that. Mostly, I just let Alamy take care of the business end.

As usual, I can't find anything.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Thanks 1

I'm always game for a bit of bean counting. 😁

EU	UK	US	ROW
May		2	12	9	1
Jun		7	7	6	2
Jul		15	7	6	4
Aug		5	4	5	3
Sep		7	6	7	3
Oct		5	12	13	1

Conclusion?

mr spock |  FASCINATING.... BUT HIGHLY ILLOGICAL... | image tagged in mr spock | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
Or my collection is just too small.
Oops maybe all the others have been right all along and I have been the wrong-way driver.
Angry Driving Cat - look do you want to drive?!

wim
  • Love 1

Thank you Michael, I'm sure it because you asked... I had a US Presentation yesterday (Saturday). Not that I believe for a moment that it's the intended use but it's a change from my Australian Presentations...

That's 2 US sales out of 13 so far this month. I don't very often have US licenses, my market is, surprise surprise, mostly Australian clients, followed by UK.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Michael, I'm sure it because you asked... I had a US Presentation yesterday (Saturday). Not that I believe for a moment that it's the intended use but it's a change from my Australian Presentations...

That's 2 US sales out of 13 so far this month. I don't very often have US licenses, my market is, surprise surprise, mostly Australian clients, followed by UK.

Ha, yes Gen, after I started this thread, I had more U.S. sales drop in my account and I have found more Alamy uses in U.S. publications

• Love 1
  • Like 1