3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Check around in your My Alamy, and you’ll find information. When you sell an image, you won’t get paid until Alamy gets paid by the customer. That can be several months, sometimes longer. Once the customer pays, you must have a balance owed to you of $50 or more, then Alamy will pay you at the next first of the month.

Why on earth is this post being given a red arrow? Betty is briefly explaining the reality of how Alamy deals with payments, in response to a question which is not even set out with clarity. Sometimes I despair.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Why on earth is this post being given a red arrow? Betty is briefly explaining the reality of how Alamy deals with payments, in response to a question which is not even set out with clarity. Sometimes I despair.

Some people I think use the red arrows for a different purpose, in this instance they are probably disagreeing with Alamy's protracted procedure of payment rather than Betty's reply and explanation.

(I gave her a like to balance it up)

Edited by Martin L
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Martin L said:

Some people I think use the red arrows for a different purpose, in this instance they are probably disagreeing with Alamy's protracted procedure of payment rather than Betty's reply and explanation.

(I gave her a like to balance it up)

probably right, or maybe fact we don't even get paid when customer pays as stated, since Alamy also holds money for over 45 days before even considering paying us, so in average we only get paid 60 days AFTER the client has paid, so 2 months. 

but yeah, the issue is with Alamy

Edited by meanderingemu

7 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Exactly. I've added a green one. 

9 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

probably right, or maybe fact we don't even get paid when customer pays as stated, since Alamy also holds money for over 45 days before even considering paying us, so in average we only get paid 60 days AFTER the client has paid, so 2 months. 

??

I've not noticed this. Cleared payments get paid about 5 days of the start of the following month, providing the balance is over $50. So the delay from clearing to payment received is 5 - 36 days depending on when the sale clears.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

Photographers and illustrators have suffered very slow payment for many many years. Years ago many were hung out to dry regularly. Finding work was often a problem in early years, getting paid and learning how to gently hassel for payment could be worse. Many ad agencies were bad, most PR operators were bad, and then there were Newspapers (with a few notable exceptions) Agencies had to contend with the same and there were a few just trousered pretty well all the money. Alamy has always been well above average in this regard

Edited by Robert M Estall

6 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Wasn't a loaded statement, I was just comparing different business payment models.

OIC. Thanks for clarifying. So it's Alamy's "download now, declare use and pay later" customers that seem to pay when they like (or sometimes not at all), rather than Alamy per se. The pay on download model is much simpler to administer, but only appeals to customers if the per image fee is so low they can afford some wastage if a downloaded image isn't used. No easy solutions. I like Alamy's higher fees and therefore tolerate some delays in usage being declared, but I wish Alamy would charge a premium when granting retrospective licences for undeclared usages, to act as a deterrent.  

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 2

I just received this Email.

You are receiving this email as you are due to receive an Alamy payment this month via PayPal.

Unfortunately we are experiencing a few issues with PayPal so there will be a slight delay with receiving your payment. Don’t worry though, we will be completing the processing of payments by the 18th August.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Alamy contributor relations

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Really? In contravention of the terms of the contract?

Mark

big issue the contract does not define when a sale happens, and Alamy uses two different definitions based on what purpose they need to be, so maybe not in contravention to the terms of the contract, since they left the terms silent, but that doesn't mean it is an acceptable business practice.  

1 hour ago, Johnnie5 said:

I just received this Email.

You are receiving this email as you are due to receive an Alamy payment this month via PayPal.

Unfortunately we are experiencing a few issues with PayPal so there will be a slight delay with receiving your payment. Don’t worry though, we will be completing the processing of payments by the 18th August.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Alamy contributor relations

I also received this email after my question why I don't have money on my paypal account yet. I can't shake the feeling that the explanation is strange. I hope that there will be no  changes in the future " to better".

On 12/08/2021 at 16:07, Joseph Clemson said:

Thank you, Joseph…and others. 😘

• Thanks 1

On 12/08/2021 at 22:07, Joseph Clemson said:

I think it's got to be that the 'archer' doesn't like the message, i.e. how Alamy deals with payments, and so shoots the messenger, it's seeming to happen a lot these days.

• 4 weeks later...