Jump to content

Meet-up at the Photo Show


Recommended Posts

I'm coming over from Ireland for the Photo Show at the NEC in September.  Myself and a couple of other A***y heads are meeting on Sunday 20th September at the show.  It would be great if some of you would be available for a coffee and a chat.  If anyone's interested, just add your name below!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

I shall be there in spirit.

 

I'll be by the Alamy stand practicing my hard stare...

 

 

I’m going nowhere near that stand as I can’t guarantee how I’ll react… 😡

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, memories.......its predecessor Photography At Work used to be one of our works outings.

That and whatever the RPS had on at the Octagon in Spring, a not-too-unpleasant drive along the A4 (not the M4, heaven forbid), morning coffee in Marlborough and lunch at The Hole in the Wall where we were collecting loyalty stamps for a freebie- only ever got 5 out of 6 because the RPS moved to a salt mine in Devizes. It went back to Bath eventually but we never did.

Looks like the Hole closed this year as well. Sigh.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/08/2021 at 21:56, Colblimp said:

I'm coming over from Ireland for the Photo Show at the NEC in September.  Myself and a couple of other A***y heads are meeting on Sunday 20th September at the show.  It would be great if some of you would be available for a coffee and a chat.  If anyone's interested, just add your name below!

Thinking of going too!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2021 at 16:30, Allan Bell said:

Dare not come to the show. Will end up buying things I don't want or need. GAS.

 

Allan

 

That was another feature of Photokina- exhibitors weren't allowed to sell stuff off the stands.

No more. 🙁.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

For anyone planning on meeting, we're assembling at the Nikon stand at 11.30am on Sunday 19th September and we can have a chin-wag over coffee. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

I’ll not be there that early if at all on the Sunday, but will be on Monday if anyone else is…

Phil

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colblimp said:

For anyone planning on meeting, we're assembling at the Nikon stand at 11.30am on Sunday 19th September and we can have a chin-wag over coffee. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

 

Andy did you buy your entry ticket on line?

 

Allan

 

I have mine for the Metquarter.🤪

 

ITMA

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Andy did you buy your entry ticket on line?

 

Allan

 

I have mine for the Metquarter.🤪

 

ITMA

 

My pass is free and I did order it online.

 

I need a ticket for the Metquarter? 😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we get closer I was thinking "shall I".  Then looked at the distance and time to drive from where I am staying to NEC and back, and considering the long drive home the following day. Nah.  Hey! Wait a minute! I could get the train from Crewe to Birmingham International station. Hmmm!  As Edo would say, "YIKES!" not at over £25 in each direction.

 

So Sorry guys I would love to have seen you all there but not this time.

 

Allan

 

Now listen to the big sighs of relief from all those going.🙂

 

ITMA

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Alamy locked and unlocked this topic
  • Alamy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.