Meet-up at the Photo Show

I'm coming over from Ireland for the Photo Show at the NEC in September.  Myself and a couple of other A***y heads are meeting on Sunday 20th September at the show.  It would be great if some of you would be available for a coffee and a chat.  If anyone's interested, just add your name below!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

I shall be there in spirit.

I'll be by the Alamy stand practicing my hard stare...

I’m going nowhere near that stand as I can’t guarantee how I’ll react… 😡

Ah, memories.......its predecessor Photography At Work used to be one of our works outings.

That and whatever the RPS had on at the Octagon in Spring, a not-too-unpleasant drive along the A4 (not the M4, heaven forbid), morning coffee in Marlborough and lunch at The Hole in the Wall where we were collecting loyalty stamps for a freebie- only ever got 5 out of 6 because the RPS moved to a salt mine in Devizes. It went back to Bath eventually but we never did.

Looks like the Hole closed this year as well. Sigh.

Edited by spacecadet

On 02/08/2021 at 21:56, Colblimp said:

I'm coming over from Ireland for the Photo Show at the NEC in September.  Myself and a couple of other A***y heads are meeting on Sunday 20th September at the show.  It would be great if some of you would be available for a coffee and a chat.  If anyone's interested, just add your name below!

Thinking of going too!

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2021 at 16:30, Allan Bell said:

Dare not come to the show. Will end up buying things I don't want or need. GAS.

Allan

That was another feature of Photokina- exhibitors weren't allowed to sell stuff off the stands.

No more. 🙁.

Edited by spacecadet

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

For anyone planning on meeting, we're assembling at the Nikon stand at 11.30am on Sunday 19th September and we can have a chin-wag over coffee. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

I’ll not be there that early if at all on the Sunday, but will be on Monday if anyone else is…

Phil

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Colblimp said:

For anyone planning on meeting, we're assembling at the Nikon stand at 11.30am on Sunday 19th September and we can have a chin-wag over coffee. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

Andy did you buy your entry ticket on line?

Allan

I have mine for the Metquarter.🤪

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

16 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Andy did you buy your entry ticket on line?

Allan

I have mine for the Metquarter.🤪

ITMA

My pass is free and I did order it online.

I need a ticket for the Metquarter? 😲

As we get closer I was thinking "shall I".  Then looked at the distance and time to drive from where I am staying to NEC and back, and considering the long drive home the following day. Nah.  Hey! Wait a minute! I could get the train from Crewe to Birmingham International station. Hmmm!  As Edo would say, "YIKES!" not at over £25 in each direction.

So Sorry guys I would love to have seen you all there but not this time.

Allan

Now listen to the big sighs of relief from all those going.🙂

ITMA

• Love 1

• Alamy locked and unlocked this topic
  • Alamy locked this topic