The art of beautifying (keywords)

I found this group of pictures by accident while keyword testing some of my own.  

The extended search phrase (below) is taken from the caption of the found images.

The search returns over 16,000 images.
I was curious, and it looks like there are roughly 10 or 12 images, each of which has over 1,000 duplicates.

This may be a result of a glitch in the upload process, or maybe something else.

Try a search using the following phrase in full… then come back and have a go with the shortened version (and then scroll down and click on to page 10)

The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extend

…the shortened version.

The art of beautifying

GD

4 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

I found this group of pictures by accident while keyword testing some of my own.  

The extended search phrase (below) is taken from the caption of the found images.

The search returns over 16,000 images.
I was curious, and it looks like there are roughly 10 or 12 images, each of which has over 1,000 duplicates.

This may be a result of a glitch in the upload process, or maybe something else.

Try a search using the following phrase in full… then come back and have a go with the shortened version (and then scroll down and click on to page 10)

The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extend

…the shortened version.

The art of beautifying

GD

It must work otherwise the contributor Library Book Collection (or agency) would not put 1,342,790 images up.

I think you've spotted one of the platinum contributors that the new scheme is aimed at.

wim

• Like 3

Maybe this is good new for us. The number of images on Alamy could be a lot less than actually reported, so there's less competition. 😝

Because they're all a single image effectively.

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, geogphotos said:

There is massive duplication with these public domain factories. 

Yes, but it must work, why otherwise do it?

Or it's a slight mishap, think The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I am still convinced this must be a platinum contributor.

wim

We laugh at it but its depressing. We take the time to be professional and strip our photos down to the relevant few and here is a contributor with 16 pages of the same image. Not similars, 16 f***ing pages of the same image. Is it just me or do I feel the playing field tipping against me? Are you reading this PA/Alamy? 'Cos its crap. Out here in Contributor Land we are doing our best to supply you with well-keyworded well-chosen images to give you a world class image library and you let this sh*te get past and you shaft us with the 20% pay cut based on the flimsy excuse that we don't annotate our images well enough for the infringement team (that you started).

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

We laugh at it but its depressing. We take the time to be professional and strip our photos down to the relevant few and here is a contributor with 16 pages of the same image. Not similars, 16 f***ing pages of the same image. Is it just me or do I feel the playing field tipping against me? Are you reading this PA/Alamy? 'Cos its crap. Out here in Contributor Land we are doing our best to supply you with well-keyworded well-chosen images to give you a world class image library and you let this sh*te get past and you shaft us with the 20% pay cut based on the flimsy excuse that we don't annotate our images well enough for the infringement team (that you started).

Agree but not with 20% pay cut. My pay cut would be 60%. 😭😭😭

Allan

I know I should be outraged that this is possible (I probably am), but you've also just confirmed that I am clearly OCD. I look at the page with multiples of that garden plan, and all I see is a document that hasn't been scanned/cropped to be properly levelled and upright. And it drives me mad. Help!

• Like 1