Ventes sur Alamy

Foxytoul

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis étonné par le peu de ventes Alamy en comparaison avec d'autres banques stock comme Adobe. Depuis janvier 2021, je n'ai réalisé que 2 ventes !!!!!

Est ce que vous avez le même cas ?

Salutations sincères

4 hours ago, Foxytoul said:

Je suis étonné par le peu de ventes Alamy en comparaison avec d'autres banques stock comme Adobe. Depuis janvier 2021, je n'ai réalisé que 2 ventes !!!!!

No  I had 105 sales since January first, which is a bit low. With exactly 20% of your 13066 = 2613 images.

You do have really funny keywords:

argentine bresil cachoera christ redempteur chutes copacabana corcovado fruits iguacu ipanema jardin botanique leblond marche pain de sucre pelourhino plages rio de janeiro salvador de bahia

For this image:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/2E6WBK1/rio-de-janeiro-pont-de-niteroi-baie-de-guanabara-2E6WBK1.jpg

Caption: Rio de Janeiro, pont de Niteroi, baie de Guanabara

A bridge in Brasil over the Guanabara Bay between Rio and Niteroi:  the President Costa e Silva Bridge, commonly known as the Rio–Niterói Bridge or Ponte Rio-Niterói in Portuguese.

Not in Argentina;

and also not:

cachoera;
christ redempteur;
chutes;
copacabana;
corcovado;
fruits;
iguacu;
ipanema;
jardin botanique;
leblond;
marche;
pain de sucre;
pelourhino;
plages;
salvador de bahia;

So firstly I would only use keywords for what you can see in the image and secondly translate the remaining keywords in English.

Including your captions of course.

With a subject like this I would use the local name or names too.

Maybe include that it is a very long concrete box girder bridge.

I do wonder if you have the exact same images on Adobe with the same keywords?

Does Adobe translate every language into every other language?

Are your images only selling in French speaking countries?

wim

• Love 1

I am surprised that the picture that Wim has shown passed QC. 

1) Technical problems with some images

2) Keywording is inaccurate

3) Lack of English in captions and keywords

4) The same images available on micro stock. 

The problem is not with Alamy it is with you. 

• Like 1

Merci pour vos réponses, j'ai les mêmes images sur Adobe avec les mêmes mots clés, mes images se vendent partout dans le monde. Avec Alamy j'ai eu 2 ventes depuis le début de l'année et 320 ventes sur Adobe. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Foxytoul said:

Merci pour vos réponses, j'ai les mêmes images sur Adobe avec les mêmes mots clés, mes images se vendent partout dans le monde. Avec Alamy j'ai eu 2 ventes depuis le début de l'année et 320 ventes sur Adobe. 

Which seems to prove that buyers prefer the low prices at Adobe to buying the same image at Alamy. 

If we can find your images easily so can buyers. 

3 hours ago, Foxytoul said:

Vous avez peu mots clés anglais, et trop sont hors du sujet. Pur un agence anglais on n'utilise pas de mots français. Alamy fera la traduction.

7 hours ago, Foxytoul said:

Merci.

Je pense qu'Adobe fonctionne différemment d'Alamy. Et que votre travail convient mieux à Adobe.
Je ne savais pas qu'Adobe acceptait les images éditoriales avec des personnes et des biens sans autorisation. Peut-être que je devrais y jeter un œil aussi. 😁

Peut-être qu'Adobe traduit les mots-clés d'autres langues en anglais et vice-versa.

Ici, l'anglais est le seul standard et il est traduit dans les différentes langues des différents sites web comme alamy.es ; alamy.de ; alamyimages.fr ; alamy.it ; alamy.pt (il y en a peut-être d'autres).

My guess is that Adobe works differently from Alamy. And that your works suits Adobe better.

Maybe Adobe translates keywords from other languages into English as well as the other way around.

Here English is the sole standard and it gets translated into the different languages of the different websites like alamy.es; alamy.de; alamyimages.fr; alamy.it; alamy.pt (there may be others).

wim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Which seems to prove that buyers prefer the low prices at Adobe to buying the same image at Alamy. 

If we can find your images easily so can buyers. 

I buy as well as sell, and as soon as I find an image I like, I right click and click on "search google for this image" and I hunt for it in the cheapest sales venue.  It's very easy and saves me a lot of money.  Some images are better suited to Microstock, others are better here.

Jill

32 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Maybe Alamy is not as popular as it once was. Last week I stumbled upon these reviews of Alamy on Trustpilot:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/alamy.com

2 stars is usually barge pole territory for me.

wim

Most of the bad reviews are obviously by people who do not understand the workings of Alamy.  Used to microstock who only report sales when paid.  Maybe Alamy should do the same.  And the complaints about having to reach a threshold to get paid - same on all sites.  I have earnings on Dreamstime and SS over the last 5 years and still not paid. The lack of understanding of QC is obvious as well.  Mostly people who definitely shouldn't be selling here, complaining about having to check their images themselves.

Jill

• Love 4

I have a bit over a thousand images up and have 19 sales.  My guess is that people who can't accept that they're not taking photos strangers want to use or who are undercutting their Alamy portfolio by offering their photos on other sites for less are the ones who are quite upset.   People who are unrealistic about their accomplishments tend to blame others for their failures. 

Someone once quipped that 10 years of rejection slips was God's way of telling you not to quit your day job. 

The majority of the negative reviews were from unhappy contributors.  Alamy's customers seemed to be much more satisfied. 

Edited by MizBrown
another observation.
  • Love 2

Je crois qu'il faut titrer et ajouter les mot-cles en Anglais. Alamy fait les traduire en autres langues (plus ou moins) pour ses distibuteurs etranges, mais il faut initialement ecrire en Anglais, malheureusement.

Edited by Phil Robinson

I think your photos have great potential for successful sales, but you need to change your approach to Alamy. There are certain rules that you do not follow or "creatively" interpret in your own way. If you think the Alamy will change because of you, then it's your big mistake

Edited by Radim
  • Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 20:45, Foxytoul said:

Bonjour à tous,

Salutations sincères

To my knowledge, Alamy translates keywords from English into other languages. Not the other way round. So you have a very slim chance of sales on Alamy, except to France.

And in my experience, the very few sales I had to France are through a distributor.

I am French and learnt English at school. What gives?

You have an extensive excellent portfolio but perhaps you were targetting the French market which is incredibly narrow?

Edited by gvallee

20 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

I wouldn't read too much in to Trustpilot reviews

Looking at a number of the one star reviews they posted by contributors who just don't bother reading the terms and conditons

and haven't got a clue about stock photography and how it works

There are some poor "customer" reviews about public domain images being available and they clearly don't understand that public domain images can be sold via agencies

The most hilarious review states

"shitbag thieving cucks

They stole my likeness and are selling pictures of me that I never authorized, nor do I receive any royalties. "

😆 where do these people come from

Still a PR nightmare.

So I went back and looked at some other stock agencies. Because of the rules here I will not go into the details. I would say: go see/click for yourself.

In general: Alamy doesn't look too bad among the others.

There is one agency that has 4.5 stars/Excellent with 187 reviews however. It's a pity I cannot name it, because I'm sure the roaring laughter of many contributors would be heard over here. 😂 😂

wim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Still a PR nightmare.

So I went back and looked at some other stock agencies. Because of the rules here I will not go into the details. I would say: go see/click for yourself.

In general: Alamy doesn't look too bad among the others.

There is one agency that has 4.5 stars/Excellent with 187 reviews however. It's a pity I cannot name it, because I'm sure the roaring laughter of many contributors would be heard over here. 😂 😂

wim

Looks like a lot of client complaints when  people try trial subscriptions and get stung for annual subscriptions or when the "free trial" only offers watermarked copies. 

7 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

Oh I read them for sure and the rumour was the agency in the Empire State was paying Indian based click farms to try redress the overwhelmingly bad reviews and comments 😆

Lot of people giving those favorable reviews  only had that one review posted.  

From what I've seen of agency reviews, the problem most clients have with other agencies is how subscriptions are handled, how free samples are handled, and how pricing is not transparent.  Alamy's clients seemed to be mostly pleased except for the people who wanted public domain work to be free despite the overhead of putting the photos in a searchable database.

I'd especially be concerned about non-transparent pricing in agencies that actively trash other agencies without disclosing that they're also setting up as agencies.   The publishing world had an agency that charged to review amateur work but which worked as a real agency with writers with a track record.  I knew several people in rural Virginia who paid for reviews which were always encouraging but never committed to taking on the writer as a regular client.  

hello

it may be necessary to go a little further in retouching, especially in architectural images. I took a random image and quickly made corrections. in the keywords there is canal, and swans .... why, best regards

Edited by Hector Christiaen