US and British car ids

geogphotos

33 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

It might possibly be a Chevrolet Impala. Search for those and see what you think.

This is similar.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1138024

Yours for £84,000 ! 😃

I reckon Wim will know what it is...

Thanks - that looks the one.

15 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

Second right: Austin A55 Cambridge? 3rd from right, indistinct due to small scale, possibly a Ford Zodiac Mk IV. Sorry, just noticed, you only wanted the US car!

Thanks Malcolm, I thought it was an Austin Cambridge so will add the A55 bit. The other one is too far away. 

7 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Still putting my money on Wim.....

Haha!

I had a pink '59 as a Dinky or Corgi Toy! The one with the sharp tailfins. That's how you learn. 😂

1962 is spot on.

So we're in Jamaica?

wim

On 02/02/2021 at 13:35, Malcolm Park said:

Second right: Austin A55 Cambridge? 3rd from right, indistinct due to small scale, possibly a Ford Zodiac Mk IV. Sorry, just noticed, you only wanted the US car!

With you Malcolm on the Ford Zephyr/Zodiac Mk IV. Takes me back...

Just in case you want to add it anyway Ian.

We had a Lincoln Zephyr when I was a child in the 1940s. We were hit by a jeep once. Fender came off the jeep. Tiny dent in the Lincoln Zephyr. I can't imagine that we had a car that was considered luxury so must have been an old, old one.

Paulette

As Chuck said, it looks like an early 60's Chevy Impala. Lots of those around when I was a kid. They were very nice cars.

The biggish, boxy blue car in the background looks like it might be a Studebaker (made in Canada) or Rambler (extinct), but really hard to tell.

Edited by John Mitchell

Okay thanks to all for all the car stuff.

Port Antonio? I think so. 

I really like the photo and the accidental compositions of people - woman on balcony etc

How amazing that a person pressed the shutter of a camera at this exact split second time of history.