Post a funny thing that happened in your life today

Allan Bell

I went out this morning for my walk and along a country lane I met two ladies walking dogs. One of them was a little one which took a dislike to me and was barking incessantly so I swung round and barked back at it. The poor little thing was shocked and ran back along the lane about 50 yards before stopping to look back. The two ladies and I were laughing but it took a few calls from his/her mistress before it tentatively slowly returned.

Allan

Dose not sound so funny but hilarious at the time.

• Love 3

I bark at Echo. Also meow at her, cluck like a chicken and sing “you are my sunshine” to her.

No dignity at all. But it’s just us, hey? Who else to hear? And Echo thinks I’m quite entertaining.
She’s the one with dignity.

This is how she eyes me when I act the fool.

E6AJEF.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Another one today during my walk along a country lane where there is a gated field with two horses. I have taken photos of them a few times in the past and even have one or two on Alamy so they are getting to know me. Today as I was passing I saw they where at the gate and stopped to speak asking them if I could take some photos. One of the horses looked at me and snorted then shook it's head. So no photos today then.

Allan

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'll be composing an alphabetical list of odd things. It should be complete by spring. 

I'm waiting with bated breath. Whoever that is.

Allan

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Brexiteer......

Euroist.  Just coined that one. Yes I know I have missed "C" and "D".

Allan

Heard today that someone I know, who likes a glass or two, was going to join in with the dry January theme. He is only going to drink dry gin, dry sherry, dry white wine and dry martini.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

57 minutes ago, Sally R said:

My funny thing today was probably a combination of both funny 'ha ha' and funny 'odd'. I read in the news about a duck who loves to surf. He basically body surfs catching waves while his owners are out surfing with their boards. Apparently when they put on sunscreen he gets super excited and runs around in circles because he knows it means they will be going to the beach for a surf. It is funny given that he can fly if he wants to but he prefers to catch waves. It's also funny given all the things humans do (including surfing) to get a feeling somewhat like flying. There is a video of the duck named 'Duck' surfing here:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-20/surfing-duck-gold-coast-sensation-stephanie-gilmore/13074432

Definitely funny odd Sally. I have to feel sorry for Duck even though his owners are obviously lovely people and care for him. But he is a duck, a wild creature who will never fulfil his real potential. His life is more than a bit ducked up in my opinion. There is a great metaphor in there for humans who don’t ever think of their real potential and just accept what they have been trained (brainwashed) to do from birth. 

Edited by MDM

• 1 year later...

Hey this thread is back in vogue again.

A bit of background first to set the scene.

In my lounge (alright - living room) I have family photos around and some teddy bears I was tasked to look after when Jackie passed on.  When I go out I close all internal doors including lounge door saying to the family and bears that I won’t be long. When I arrive home I open the door to the lounge/living room and say “Hi folks, I’m home.”

Recently I have installed part of a Google Nest system and part of that installation includes a Nest Mini just inside the lounge doorway.  Just in case some do not know it is necessary to say “Hey Google” to get the units attention then ask a question or request something.

Now the funny bit.

Today when I returned home from shopping I opened the lounge door as usual and said, “Hi folks, I’m home.”  Imagine my surprise when the Nest Mini piped up and said, “Hi, welcome home.” then proceeded to play some music.

I did not stop laughing for about five minutes.

Allan

On 09/01/2021 at 05:29, Allan Bell said:

I went out this morning for my walk and along a country lane I met two ladies walking dogs. One of them was a little one which took a dislike to me and was barking incessantly so I swung round and barked back at it. The poor little thing was shocked and ran back along the lane about 50 yards before stopping to look back. The two ladies and I were laughing but it took a few calls from his/her mistress before it tentatively slowly returned.

Allan

Dose not sound so funny but hilarious at the time.

Reading this old post, it occurred to me that people shouldn’t bark at dogs unless they know what they are saying.
You, in dog language, (barks) might have said to that poor dog, “I’m going to chop you up in little pieces and feed you to my cat!” No wonder it ran.

So yesterday we attended a friend's birthday event which coincided with a dancing around the Maypole do at a local church come community centre. Getting used to the warmer weather we had dressed in lighter clothes. Big mistake, the wind howled and it was cold. After watching the local children getting tangled in ribbons for a while we headed for shelter and discovered a single small electric fire within the building. Shortly we were joined by a small collection of shivering  folk of a certain age, with whom we discussed the intricacies of growing apples in the UK, amongst other arcane subject matter. This made me realise that I have now  joined the ranks of the  old geezers. Was this odd? Well it felt odd, but probably the new reality.

16 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Today when I returned home from shopping I opened the lounge door as usual and said, “Hi folks, I’m home.”  Imagine my surprise when the Nest Mini piped up and said, “Hi, welcome home.” then proceeded to play some music.

I recommend a small hatchet. You can borrow mine if you like, it's quite sharp.;)

• Love 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I recommend a small hatchet. You can borrow mine if you like, it's quite sharp.;)

It gave me some amusement so will spare it.

Allan