Encouraging news from a number of people! I have seen a couple of 3 figure sales in the last few months also, but not in the same league as you guys. Maybe Alamy's new sales strategy is beginning to bear fruit?

I get the impression that you need to be selling to buyers outside the UK (maybe outside Europe as well) to make the good money at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I had my biggest sale last week from the London marathon 2 years ago. The slowest time ever but the biggest win for me !

I will get £46 approx. 

Regards, 

Adrian.

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book, editorial print + digital use, inside, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 23 May 2013
End: 23 May 2023 $ 140.00

Had this clear a couple of weeks ago , I should know if its a typo in a few days. 

Usage: Advertising/Promotion
Media: Advertorial
Industry sector: Health, Medical and Pharmaceutical
Print run: up to 5 million
Insert: more than 25
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 29 March 2013
End: 29 March 2014
UK and Republic of IrelandI: targeted press, online and experiential only, for a period of 1 year. $ 4295.02

Had this clear a couple of weeks ago , I should know if its a typo in a few days. 

Usage: Advertising/Promotion

Media: Advertorial

Industry sector: Health, Medical and Pharmaceutical

Print run: up to 5 million

Insert: more than 25

Placement: Front cover

Image Size: 1 page

Start: 29 March 2013

End: 29 March 2014

UK and Republic of IrelandI: targeted press, online and experiential only, for a period of 1 year. $ 4295.02

Just recieved the payment made e-mail . I thought long and hard before I posted this sale, I didn't want to brag about it, but wanted to show that great sales could still be made through Alamy, and to say a very big thank you to who ever it was in the Alamy sales team that made the sale. Great great job.

Well done. This type of news is encouraging to us all.

And there could be many more such sales by Alamy that are never posted on the forum. Firstly, those of us who do post here are a tiny minority of contributors. And, secondly, some of those, perhaps many, who do post here may not wish to reveal their sale prices. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that wish for privacy, it is an individual choice.

But given that we do get some who are generous enough to post such achievements and that this is a very small number relative to the total number of contributors, leads me to suggest that there may be many more high value sales than we may think.

Any other views/observations?

Archived