Need Sale/Payment Invoice

Onuchcha

Question

Dear,

I need some help from my fellows...

My bank is asking me to provide invoices for my last sale or transactions. How could to I provide that or which ways. I sent them screenshots of my sale history and my Account Balance.

But, they are not satisfied with that, they are asking me for my invoice. If anyone can solve this problem or any ideas please share them. 

Best Regards
Jahangir Alam Onuchcha/ Photographer
Edited by Onuchcha
  • Like 1

21 answers to this question

You don't issue invoices for your image sales, Alamy does. You can't provide them because you don't produce them. There's zero chance that Alamy will provide you with copies.

Anyway it seems a very odd request- I don't know how banks operate in your country but how you deal with paperwork is nothing to do with your bank.

Is it a money-laundering regulation?

Edited by spacecadet

3 hours ago, Onuchcha said:

Dear,

My bank is asking me to provide invoices for my last sale or transactions. How could to I provide that or which ways. I sent them screenshots of my sale history and my Account Balance.

But, they are not satisfied with that, they are asking me for my invoice. If anyone can solve this problem or any ideas please share them. 

Best Regards

Jahangir,

I have worked with agencies all over the world and have lived in Europe, Israel and the USSR then Russia.  I have always had a U.S. bank account and all of the agencies I've worked with and continue to allow to license my images send me, in 2000's, a statement when monies are paid to me.  Alamy sends my payment via ACH transfer and Alamy sends me via email a "Remittance Advice" which it states is "Payment for Sales made by Alamy Limited (A UK Company) of Your Images."  It is described on the email as "Copyright Royalties"  I had the same system when I lived in Moscow, RU, in the early 00's and worked for a large French agency.  They would fax me a statement and the order for the transfer of money to my U.S. bank.  During the last ten years I only have one agency that still mails checks to me, I have one framed above my desk that they sent for .55 cents.  The problem in my opinion in 2020 is that

agencies and libraries do not list licenses (sales) specifically, but for me as a U.S. citizen with a U.S. bank account it is not a problem.  I do know several Russian photographers who worked with European agencies and most of them setup bank accounts in Europe and later EU and they had a credit card (VISA, Master Card) tied to that account.

Chuck

Perhaps they would accept the statements that Alamy emails you at the beginning of each month to tell you what they will be sending you. The subject of the email is "Alamy has paid you" and the document is titled "Remittance Advice". It shows Alamy's address and your address and gives the amount of "Copyright royalties." I hope you have saved these emails. Just realized Chuck has suggested the same.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

Although I'm retired from the 'day job' I'm still officially self-employed for tax purposes.  When I get a payment from Alamy I issue an invoice from myself to Alamy in order for it to go through the accounts, and I attach a list of the relevant sales,  Of course I don't actually send it to Alamy, it's just for accounting purposes.

Is that of any help?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Although I'm retired from the 'day job' I'm still officially self-employed for tax purposes.  When I get a payment from Alamy I issue an invoice from myself to Alamy in order for it to go through the accounts, and I attach a list of the relevant sales,  Of course I don't actually send it to Alamy, it's just for accounting purposes.

Is that of any help?

This is exactly what I do and the Spanish Hacienda,(Tax office) are happy with that.

My bank doesn't care!!!

Phil

• Like 1

On 23/11/2020 at 19:06, Vincent Lowe said:

Is that of any help?

That's exactly what I do and my accountant is happy with it.  I've never received a 'Remittance Advice' from Alamy, which I think is extremely shoddy, but there we are. 

When I was VAT registered I received a 'self-billing invoice' from Alamy whenever I was paid (I think that's a legal requirement for VAT) but now the only remittance advice is when it turns up in my bank account.

Ah.... 'Remittance Advice'...  my two favourite words in the English language...... 🙂

• Like 1

On 23/11/2020 at 23:17, Phil Crean said:

This is exactly what I do and the Spanish Hacienda,(Tax office) are happy with that.

My bank doesn't care!!!

Phil

Hy Phil, I live in Spain too, so if you just produce an invoice

On 23/11/2020 at 23:17, Phil Crean said:

My bank doesn't care!!!

Phil

Sorry, I posted just a part of my question. So you produce an invoice for the requested tax documentation, how do you treat IVA? If I receive a 121 Euros payment from Alamy, I would produce an invoice subtracting 21 as IVA? And then add that invoice to the 303 resumee?

36 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Sorry, I posted just a part of my question. So you produce an invoice for the requested tax documentation, how do you treat IVA? If I receive a 121 Euros payment from Alamy, I would produce an invoice subtracting 21 as IVA? And then add that invoice to the 303 resumee?

Hi Rupert,

IVA doesn't apply here in the Canary Islands. We have local tax called IGIC(Impuestos Generales Islas Canarias), and I am exempt so I don't have to think about that either!

Probably best to ask your assesoria...

Sorry I can't be more helpful .

Phil

On 26/11/2020 at 17:36, Colblimp said:

That's exactly what I do and my accountant is happy with it.  I've never received a 'Remittance Advice' from Alamy, which I think is extremely shoddy, but there we are. 

I've just searched my e mails and not found a 'Remittance Advice' but I don't need them. Maybe members in some countries get them and others not?

6 hours ago, sooth said:

check all your emails, the email address will come from "contributors @alamy.com", the email will have a subject title "Alamy has paid you".  the email basically says they ahve sent payment to you.  At the bottom of that email is a PDF when you open it says,  "remittance advice" and details of that payment (From alamy, to you)

This is laid out as an invoice from the photographer to Alamy setting out what needs to be paid to the contributor.  Isn't this what the OP wants? It is also possible to download the sales spreadsheet ( selecting what information is required) and print that off.

Bearing in mind that the original question dates from November 2020 and the OP has probably found a solution long ago....  this is what I do.  Once the payment arrives in my bank account I generate an invoice, via my accounting software, as if to send to Alamy.  I don't actually send it but I have it available if the tax man ever comes a'knockin.

I've never received a 'remittance advice' from Alamy.

Edited by Vincent Lowe
Spelling error
  • Like 2

On 21/03/2022 at 17:15, Rupert said:

I would be interested in your findings about this (Spanish Hacienda and IVA treatment) if you finally get the clue. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

IVA doesn't apply here in the Canary Islands. We have local tax called IGIC(Impuestos Generales Islas Canarias), and I am exempt so I don't have to think about that either!

@shearwaterAs I said above...

Phil

On 22/03/2022 at 07:17, sooth said:

check all your emails, the email address will come from "contributors @alamy.com", the email will have a subject title "Alamy has paid you".  the email basically says they ahve sent payment to you.  At the bottom of that email is a PDF when you open it says,  "remittance advice" and details of that payment (From alamy, to you)

I've just searched. I have loads of emails from Alamy, like picture needs etc. I have none like that.

On 23/11/2020 at 19:07, Onuchcha said:

Dear,

Best Regards

As you are in Asia, I assume this a "source of funds" issue for an incoming international transfer?

Just raise it with MS or alternatively setup a PayPal account. Many asian countries seem to be making life difficult as they start coming to terms with new KYC (Know your customer) requirements issued by central banks. I got so annoyed with my own country of residence I moved everything back to the UK.

Edited by Panthera tigris

On 21/03/2022 at 17:53, Phil Crean said:

Hi Rupert,

Phil

Hy Phil, understood, thanks anyway for the info.

Rupert

• Thanks 1