Download Your Data

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but after the latest round of maintenance the 'Download Your Data' button is now working for me.  I'm one of the people for whom it has never worked in the past but now it is OK - I've not changed browser or anything else.  If it hasn't worked for you it might be worth giving it another try.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In the past when this has been reported contributors@alamy.com have been able to sort it out, usually as a side effect of a request to them to provide the data directly, it seems that it is something their end, there may not be a swift response from them currently though. I'm assuming you get a rather indecipherable error message?

10 hours ago, quebecfoto said:

Can someone tell me where is the link to "Send me my data"...the email I received from Alamy says that it should be on my Alamy Image Manager but there is none.

Go into Alamy Image Manager, click on one of your photos, then scroll down the mandatory information below your keywords to the bottom and it should be there.

8 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Go into Alamy Image Manager, click on one of your photos, then scroll down the mandatory information below your keywords to the bottom and it should be there.

Thanks !  The problem is I'm having a hard time to go to my images...the only thing I see when I log in is the Alamy Image Manager telling me "Thanks for registering as a contributor" and asking me to upload images. It is as if I would want to become a new contributor. I have to tell you that I haven't been contributing for several years but I want to restart adding new images eventually.

The only way I can see my images is by doing a search on my nickname (quebecfoto). The other thing I can do is going to my dashboard but there is no link to go to my images.

Edited by quebecfoto

Try this:

Bring up the Alamy Home page

upper right, click on: Contributor Dashboard

Here on this page, you should see some columns under the graph called:

ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER,  ACCOUNT BALANCE,  SALES HISTORY,  HELP

Here you can directly click on ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER which brings up YOUR Image Manager, no one else’s.

On the left, you should see a list of your various submissions by date. Click on one of the submissions, and you should see the individual images within that sub on the right. Click on an image, and you should be able to see your keywords, and then on the “Optional” at the top, there is a second page to fill out number of people, release or no release, etc. I recommend filling this page out. Some don’t bother, I always do. I usually copy my caption and paste it into the Optional “Tell me more about this image”. If I have more information about the image, I add it.

Betty

edited to add: when you click on “Contributor Dashboard” you can directly click on Alamy Image Manager. I directed you the other way to familiarize you with your Dashboard.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 14:42, Betty LaRue said:

Try this:

Bring up the Alamy Home page

upper right, click on: Contributor Dashboard

Here on this page, you should see some columns under the graph called:

ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER,  ACCOUNT BALANCE,  SALES HISTORY,  HELP

Here you can directly click on ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER which brings up YOUR Image Manager, no one else’s.

On the left, you should see a list of your various submissions by date. Click on one of the submissions, and you should see the individual images within that sub on the right. Click on an image, and you should be able to see your keywords, and then on the “Optional” at the top, there is a second page to fill out number of people, release or no release, etc. I recommend filling this page out. Some don’t bother, I always do. I usually copy my caption and paste it into the Optional “Tell me more about this image”. If I have more information about the image, I add it.

Betty

edited to add: when you click on “Contributor Dashboard” you can directly click on Alamy Image Manager. I directed you the other way to familiarize you with your Dashboard.

Betty LaRue 

Thank you very much for your detailed instructions...unfortunately it still doesn't work...the ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER link under the graph or in the menu gets me to the same page telling me "Thanks for registering as a contributor" and asking me to upload images. Over the years, something went probably wrong with my account and the image manager is not link anymore to my images so I can't make corrections on keywords, etc.

Here's the link for the ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER under the graph or the menu (same link)

https://www.alamy.com/myupload/Index.aspx

15 hours ago, quebecfoto said:

Betty LaRue 

Thank you very much for your detailed instructions...unfortunately it still doesn't work...the ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER link under the graph or in the menu gets me to the same page telling me "Thanks for registering as a contributor" and asking me to upload images. Over the years, something went probably wrong with my account and the image manager is not link anymore to my images so I can't make corrections on keywords, etc.

Here's the link for the ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER under the graph or the menu (same link)

When I click on that link it brings up my own images.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

On 26/03/2021 at 14:45, quebecfoto said:

Betty LaRue 

I’m so sorry. You must be beyond frustrated.

On 27/03/2021 at 05:57, Allan Bell said:

When I click on that link it brings up my own images.

Allan

Mine, too, Allan. And since I just had my first QC failure in years, that wasn’t a pleasant trip. 😄

At this point, I think you should email contributors@alamy.com and go from there.  Has your email address changed since you set up the account?   You have 251 images up according to the blue numbers under your name and location, so they do have an account for you. 

14 hours ago, MizBrown said:

At this point, I think you should email contributors@alamy.com and go from there.  Has your email address changed since you set up the account?   You have 251 images up according to the blue numbers under your name and location, so they do have an account for you. 

You are right...that's what I'll do.  Thank you !