Posted (edited)

Why am I getting sales for $2.99cents ? I have not signed up to novel use or anything. I know bulk discounts exist but these prices are just stupid.

Edited by Travelshots

36 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

Why am I getting sales for $2.99cents ? I have not signed up to novel use or anything. I know bulk discounts exist but these prices are just stupid.

You're not alone, I had one of those come in today.

15 minutes ago, sooth said:

(theculturetrip dot com)

same for me in May.

47 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

These Culture Trip usages were posted in the images found thread June.

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/articles/brilliant-british-beaches-to-visit/

Loop Images

Philip Dovey

Ian Fraser

GmbH

Paul Weston

Ian Pilbeam

Still not reported yet as a sale but at that price who cares!! 

Who cares?  When one is self-employed, every single penny counts...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Who cares?  When one is self-employed, every single penny counts...

You are right of course! Just rather demoralised with dwindling sales, uncleared sales, unreported sales....

7 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

You are right of course! Just rather demoralised with dwindling sales, uncleared sales, unreported sales....

I agree, $2.99 sales are demoralising after all the work one puts in, BUT, they're still sales.  I think dwindling sales, uncleared sales and unreported sales drives everyone mad!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I try to think of these tiddlers as the pennies that tip my account over the $50 point each month... 😉

I still stoop for a dime.

wim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by sooth

On 13/07/2020 at 19:49, Mr Standfast said:

I try to think of these tiddlers as the pennies that tip my account over the $50 point each month... 😉

I'd happily accept a couple more right now to kick my account balance over $50

I too will take the trouble to bend a bit to pick up a dime but certainly not switch my camera on nor upload any images with the likely prospect of earning peanuts. I need at least the prospect of reasonable remuneration. The market seems bust to-day. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow with a more positive attitude.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

I too will take the trouble to bend a bit to pick up a dime but certainly not switch my camera on nor upload any images with the likely prospect of earning peanuts. I need at least the prospect of reasonable remuneration. The market seems bust to-day. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow with a more positive attitude.

It's notoriously difficult to predict anything especially about the future. (As Mark Twain; Niels Bohr and Yogi Berra have said.)

So I wish I would know when an image would bring in only $$$ sales. And not just $2.99.

Here's a list of amounts (all direct sales btw, which is uncommon for me) for one of my images:

All in $ and gross; from oldest on top to newest on bottom. The average is now $10.75  gross.

(Yes I'm in NU and all the other schemes, remember that dime.)

My guess (or hope actually) is that al those $1 sales are on people's walls or coffee mugs. The last one is for TV rights (and all the other blabla In perpetuity).

wim

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

sooth, I have no idea what you are saying. Are we supposed to recognize who CT might be?

2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

sooth, I have no idea what you are saying. Are we supposed to recognize who CT might be?

It's in the thread.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Luckily my photography doesn't appeal to CT (Culture Trip https://theculturetrip.com).

Edited by sb photos
Changed does to doesn't

About a year ago I got out of everything including distribution and now just have Alamy UK as my sole licensing option here. I may have just been lucky but I am very (very!) happy with the sales amounts I now get, maybe less sales but sales prices I am happy with and I don't worry about being part of the moral decline of the industry anymore. I may be poorer overall (?) but I don't feel I am a victim anymore.

• Like 1