commercial images e mail

I got this e mail today from MS

Hi Kevin
We've told all our customers about our amazing creative images and they love the creative search option.

The creative images you have with us are great, we'd love you to send us more.

Stuck for inspiration? Here’s some recent picture needs from our commercial customers;

• Seniors in Winter - active, gardening, healthy, no negative issues, not always with grandchildren or as a couple
  • Simple, clean shots of people exchanging money
  • Realistic, natural images of people using kitchen utensils - pepper mills, chopping boards etc

It made me laugh....
Alamy have only deemed 2 of my images creative in their own right out of over 9000 (I do have others under search terms) , I am glad they love them both

I have photos of people using kitchen utensils already, none of which are deemed commercial, so why do more for creative customers if those I already have are not deemed creative. Will new uploads be deemed creative, I doubt it

Will I change my attitude as to what I shoot, no. What's the point, when I do they are not deemed creative anyway. If they look through my collection and make more creative then maybe it may give me the encouragement to shoot more of what alamy deem "creative", until then I will keep plodding on in the same way I always have

I assume this e mail was generic sent to all

Kevin.
(cynical as always,lol)

I had the same generic email as well.

It would be useful to be able to see all your images that have been classed as creative.

I have one that shows up as creative out of 11634 images and in the same way as Kevin others show up under certain search terms.

Therefore Alamy can you open the doors to us and give us an easy way to view all our tagged creative images.

Regards

Craig

I received the same email and honestly, I was glad to receive it.  It's the first time I've ever received an email from Alamy with relation to picture needs.  I certainly hope that they continue this practice.

I could care less about how my images are "classed" - I only care about filling holes in the collection.

I also received it.  Having been told by Alamy that my portfolio will not be looked at anytime soon for any creative content because I am primarily an editorial photographer, I do wonder if there is any point responding.  Thousands of us will now be rushing out to shoot these subjects, some of which I already have and they sell well but still aren't considered "creative". But at the end of the day I fear it will mainly be the agencies images that will be put in Creative if the present situation is anything to go by.

I agree that it is good to be told of their image needs but I would just like them to select creative images on merit.

Pearl

I got the email, but as far as I know It's almost impossible to find out which of your images are in the 'creative' collection.

Searching on your name & clicking the 'Creative' button does not show them all.

I agree with Craig it would be good to see which images Alamy consider 'Creative'.

Tony

I have 64 in the hand picked "Creative"....... but no e-aai

It gets curiouser and curiouser.

I haven't received any email but have 18 images categorised as creative!

Clearly nobody loves them.

dov

Yeah, same here.

I have 64 hand picked ones in creative, not sure of how many on individual keyword searches, but don't seem to have received the email. The volume of Creative shots doesn't seem to have increased since the last re-rank and since then I have added a load of other shots that could be considered (uploaded since then)..... and are selling at other RM agencies as commercial. I think they need to refresh / check a little more often otherwise their competitors get first dabs  :D

Yep, got that email too and yes, I'm not aware I have any in Creative either. I tried to submit when it was first announced and like Pearl, I failed because I'm Editorial/reportage too.

But while on the subject, what is the definitive method of finding out if you have anything in Creative? 

Richard.

Yep, got that email too and yes, I'm not aware I have any in Creative either. I tried to submit when it was first announced and like Pearl, I failed because I'm Editorial/reportage too.

But while on the subject, what is the definitive method of finding out if you have anything in Creative? 

Richard.

Run searches that you know have led directly to sales of your repeat sellers.

I've just done it and found a few, however in a couple of cases the 'creatives' weren't the actual seller, just similars or images returned under the same search. Work that one out.

All resulting from multiple sales, though.

To find out if any are creative in their own right (rather than search terms) search your contributor name in advanced search and then click creative tab when your images come up

Kevin

Richard.

To find out if any are creative in their own right (rather than search terms) search your contributor name in advanced search and then click creative tab when your images come up

Kevin

I did that and it showed all my images as creative. And neither they or I are

I also received it.  Having been told by Alamy that my portfolio will not be looked at anytime soon for any creative content because I am primarily an editorial photographer, I do wonder if there is any point responding.  Thousands of us will now be rushing out to shoot these subjects, some of which I already have and they sell well but still aren't considered "creative". But at the end of the day I fear it will mainly be the agencies images that will be put in Creative if the present situation is anything to go by.

I agree that it is good to be told of their image needs but I would just like them to select creative images on merit.

Pearl

very true. If not everyone received the mail, I am left wondering - if buyers like so much the 24 handpicked creative images I have, and as I have lots of images of different subjects but same style and general theme, then surely these must be worth Alamy's time to assess. I haven't asked, but like Pearl here I am sure I would be told I am primarily an editorial photographer.

Kevin

It lists creative first and then those in relevant. You probably don't have any creative if the first line above the images says 'Sort based on relevancy:'

Kevin

It lists creative first and then those in relevant. You probably don't have any creative if the first line above the images says 'Sort based on relevancy:'

Ah ha you are right, when I use the advanced search by psedonum I have no creative images (why did they send me the e-mail?)  But, when I do a image search I have images show up in the creative search . Ahhhh more confusion not worth worrying about, I'm off to take pictures of seniors. Oh! Wait a minute I have one right here. I wonder if they need Confused senior shots?

How many you have in that pseudo in total

Well, using the method above, I've checked my main largely editorial pseudo and it shows 9 images in Creative but also shows 4,400 more in brackets. What do they refer to?

Richard.

Thats not correct, it doesn't show all your creative images.

As space Cadet says, you have to use a search term to bring up yours images (not your name or pseudonym) and see if any are included.

Which unless you want to spend weeks searching makes it impossible to find out, unless someone knows another way.

However, It would be good to know.

Tony

As space Cadet says, you have to use a search term to bring up yours images (not your name or pseudonym) and see if any are included.

Which unless you want to spend weeks searching makes it impossible to find out, unless someone knows another way.

Tony

You are both correct as there are two types of Creative images - those selected as Creative by Alamy which come up for your pseudonym AND those selected by customer activity which only come up for specific search terms.

I have 15 of the former and lots of the latter but, as Tony says, the latter are really difficult to find as the search term has to be exact.

Pearl

Tony

You are both correct as there are two types of Creative images - those selected as Creative by Alamy which come up for your pseudonym AND those selected by customer activity which only come up for specific search terms.

I have 15 of the former and lots of the latter but, as Tony says, the latter are really difficult to find as the search term has to be exact.

Pearl

And the latter are pointless. Rye Sussex gives 2 of mine yet Rye East Sussex shows none, so if someone does the correct search they don't get mine (sussex on its own does not exist). If alamy feels that they are creative on a search term they should make them creative in their own right. Rye UK shows none, Rye England shows none etc etc etc. How can something be creative in one search term but not in its variant. As for correctness I did state that it was how to find creative images in their own right and not those under search terms

Archived