Have You Noticed . . .

Ed Rooney

Question

13 answers to this question

It is strange it's been there so long especially considering the degree of grain and manipulation in the image. Seems to me to go against QC standards and isn't a very good advert in this position. In the dim and distant past I've had a QC failure for much less.

Jim. ;)

20 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Ed, I thought someone had been putting Jamesons in your Guinness until I looked at the homepage.😀

Long ago back in my 20's I used drink half of bottled guinness with a whisky in it and still play good darts.

20 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Long ago back in my 20's I used drink half of bottled guinness with a whisky in it and still play good darts.

Back in my 20's I used to spoil Guinness by adding champagne to it.

Allan

1 hour ago, Broad Norfolk said:

It is strange it's been there so long especially considering the degree of grain and manipulation in the image. Seems to me to go against QC standards and isn't a very good advert in this position. In the dim and distant past I've had a QC failure for much less.

Jim. ;)

manipulation?  the image was from live news.  Explains the grain, but there should not be any manipulations.  

3 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Jim. ;)

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

manipulation?  the image was from live news.  Explains the grain, but there should not be any manipulations.  

Live news never even crossed my mind! Fair enough for the grain, but what caught my attention was the rim lighting on the figure particularly around the hands and arms which looked enhanced. But there again what do I know - it could be just a contre jour effect due to the rear lighting.

Jim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Live news never even crossed my mind! Fair enough for the grain, but what caught my attention was the rim lighting on the figure particularly around the hands and arms which looked enhanced. But there again what do I know - it could be just a contre jour effect due to the rear lighting.

Jim.

i see what you mean.  to be honest, i just remembered the image from Alamy News twitter feature, and was surprised that it was used as the cover image, since they usually go for more artsy images...  

for those interested, from the image caption, this is the story or the lady:

"Nor "Phoenix" Diana, 20, Malaysian female wrestling champion and the world's first hijab-wearing professional wrestler makes her debut UK match at ‘Wrestle Queendom 3’ event in West London, taking on British professional wrestler Zoe Lucas. Nor "Phoenix" Diana wins her match after forcing Lucas into submission."

• Like 1

Slightly OT, I think it's a great image for a front page . . . made me look twice and wonder about it, to the point of clicking on the information link, more than any image that's been up for quite a while has done.

DD

• Like 1